Super Veritech Nov 24, 2007

Wyrmshadow

Deity

1220th unit Super Veritech Download

1221st unit VF-1S Max Type Veritech
I have been wanting to make this unit since the begining. 5 Years ago Kinboat made one, but it has shown it's age. Now I believe I have gotten to the point where I can make such a unit to my satisfaction.

Use this as a land unit, not an aircraft

It Transforms (Mechamorphosis)
It has civ color
It has sounds

Any questions should be addressed to my new Press Secretary:

absolutely wonderful...I agree about kinboats veritech, and what youve done here is spectacular...

Its the little things...like the Skull squadron emblem, and the "U.N.SPACEY" up the barrel...and that death...OMG(Is that Protoculture burning in the air I smell?)you are the man Wyrm(But then, you knew that)

[edit] first post or something...um...Woo!

Thanks Spacer. I had to do all the textures, I made the GU-11 many years ago. If the sounds don't synch up correctly, sorry. It's my first attempt at doing them.

This is what I was alluding to in Plotinu's Mr. T thread. I knew I had to make something really special to compete with that unit.

I wont get to play with this beauty for a day or so, Im in the middle of a project. But the flicster run looks awesome!!...and the sound "sound" good :) Im sure if they dont sync its an INI fix (right?)

Thanks Wyrm, I hope you won't be offended if I or someone else uses it as Skyfire/Jetfire in a Transformers mod rather that the likely original Robotech intention. I mean it transforms (and very nicely I might add), and there are not many units out there that do! Downloading and editting into Mod...right now!

@Spacer: I don't remember much from the cartoon, but that was pretty funny: Protoculture burning in the air ...ooh morbid, morbid, morbid.:scan:

This is the best info I could find "Statistically" speaking...
Its for the base VF-1S...not the Super Veritech...but alot of it is right...

STATISTICS:

Designation: VF-1S
Mecha Class: Veritech fighter, aerospace capable
Crew: 1 pilot
Weight: 13.3 metric tons (dry)

FIGHTER MODE
Length: 14.2 m
Height: 3.8 m
Wingspan: 8.3-14.8 m
Max speed at sea level: Mach 1.4
Max speed at 10,000m: Mach 2.71
Max speed at 30,000m: Mach 3.87

GUARDIAN MODE
Length: 11.0 m
Height: 8.7 m
Wingspan: 8.3-14.8 m
Max speed at all altitudes: 500 kph

BATTLOID MODE
Height: 12.7 m
Depth: 4.0 m
Breadth: 7.3 m
Max speed at all altitudes: 194 kph
Max walking speed: 160 kph

ARMAMENT
1 x 3-barreled 55mm gatling cannon in a gun pod
4 light laser cannons, mounted on the head/turret
2 x light lasers in the nose (upgrade from sensors, only for Veritech fighters aboard the SDF-1)
4 wing hardpoints (2 per wing) each capable of carrying:
- 3 x 300mm medium range missiles, or
- 1 (inner) or 2 (outer) x 533mm long range missiles, or
- 1 x short-range multiple ejection 150mm missile launcher containing 15 missiles

DESCRIPTION:

The Veritech VF-1 is Earth's first transformable trans-atmospheric fighter. Powered by fusion engines, the VF-1 is fully space-capable, and is carried in great numbers on the SDF-1 as well as the Armor series of carriers. The VF-1 supports 3 modes of operation: fighter mode for aerospace superiority missions, guardian mode for close air support missions, and battloid mode for ground combat missions.

By itself, the VF-1 performs well in a variety of atmospheric operations, due to its sizable, variable-sweep wing surface area and high thrust-to-weight ratio. The VF-1 uses its wing hardpoints to mount a significant number of missiles as well as a gun pod for close range combat.

Though the VF-1 is capable of reaching lower Earth orbit, it is unable to attain escape velocity on its own. Various booster and armor systems were devised to extend its range and/or combat performance.

The VF-1S "Skull Leader" is a unique fighter based on a prototype platform of the VF-1 specially designed for commanding officers of Veritech squadrons. Only a dozen of these units had been manufactured by the time the Zentraedi attacked Macross Island in 2009. The prototype number 001 (also known as Skull One) was the last known surviving VF-1S aboard the SDF-1. It miraculously survived through several years of battle and was never destroyed, making it a symbol of humankind's invincibility.

However, in 2015, the Skull One, the oldest surviving VF-1 in the Robotech Defense Force, was dismantled to aid in the research of the next-generation of Advanced Veritech fighters.

whats with the cheetos explosion?

Have you ever seen Robotech?? The explosion is brilliant (except of course its in 3D and the originals were aniime)

Thanks Wyrm, I hope you won't be offended if I or someone else uses it as Skyfire/Jetfire in a Transformers mod rather that the likely original Robotech intention. I mean it transforms (and very nicely I might add), and there are not many units out there that do! Downloading and editting into Mod...right now!

@Spacer: I don't remember much from the cartoon, but that was pretty funny: Protoculture burning in the air ...ooh morbid, morbid, morbid.:scan:

The Jetfire and the Valkyrie toys were made from the same mold. I know. I have both. Jetfire is just a different color and the nose is snubby, not pointed. I had to cannabalize various parts of Jetfire to fix my own Veritech.

Spoiler :

@Spacer, Protoculture doesn't burn.... infact I don't know what state of matter it is. Sorta plastic or emulsion.

I thought it was spore like...almost a solid gas?..

According to the robotech encyclopedia, this is what ya get:
A prized bioenergy power source that has been refined from the Flower of Life. The power density of Protoculture canisters exceeds that of conventional nuclear power sources.

The Robotech Expeditionary Force manages the logistics of distributing processed Protoculture by storing them in standardized fuel canisters.

Protoculture is bio-energy derived from the seeds/spores of the Invid Flower of Life. When stored in stasis and kept from germination, add some magic, and you get an extremely powerful energy source that also has a funny life like effect on machines. The Protoculture canisters you see in the 3rd generation cartoons is merely a handy plot device. In the original MOSPEADA, they are simply hydrogen canisters that the various earth mecha use for fuel. Remember, the source material is Japanese and its main theme is best not mentioned, for Macross and MOSPEADA.

In the original Japanese Macross, Protoculture is exactly what it sounds like. The original progenitor culture/civilization that created the Zentradi and its descendants are humans of earth. It's a long, convoluted and more than a little confusing at times when you add in the singing. Carl Macek took elements of that when he meshed together the 3 series to create Robotech. The novels fleshed out more of the story. If you want to 'see' protoculture, watch the 2nd generation with the Robotech Masters and you can see it floating in tubes. Looks like a lava lamp.

Top Bottom