Spartan Horseman (06 Dec, 2007)

Wow, Sandris, that is really good work! I really like the way you did the horse & its colouration. And sweet, that's my scan! From my book! I feel so special. :lol:

Given the tendency of Greeks to be lightly clothed, I can only hope they would have thrown a blanket or a piece of leather over the spot where they sat on the horse, because otherwise the chafing would be intolerable! Ack!

Beautiful units, Sandris, thanks!

Great horseman Sandris!

Now that you know how to do horse, you could make a Russian horseman, horse archer and knight :mischief:

Oh come now, it would be far more interesting to have a properly attired Polish Winged Hussar. I like the one in Cossacks: Back to War (you probably converted that one Steph), but not a conversion. A Polish winged hussar unique to Civ 3. Sabre with the hilt encrusted in gems, leopard skins, etc. Similar to how they're described in "Sobieski, King of Poland" by J. B. Morton (1932). Oldie but goodie, indeed. I'm not much of a reader, so when I get very enthusiastic about reading a book it must be good! It is a great shame that I didn't manage to finish reading it. Stupid classes [pissed]

I like these units quite a bit!!! I may have trouble finding a use for them, but it definitely good to have them here just in case. :thumbsup:

Oh come now, it would be far more interesting to have a properly attired Polish Winged Hussar. I like the one in Cossacks: Back to War (you probably converted that one Steph), but not a conversion. A Polish winged hussar unique to Civ 3. Sabre with the hilt encrusted in gems, leopard skins, etc. Similar to how they're described in "Sobieski, King of Poland" by J. B. Morton (1932). Oldie but goodie, indeed. I'm not much of a reader, so when I get very enthusiastic about reading a book it must be good! It is a great shame that I didn't manage to finish reading it. Stupid classes [pissed]

I like these units quite a bit!!! I may have trouble finding a use for them, but it definitely good to have them here just in case. :thumbsup:
A winged hussar would be very nice however a sabre with the hilt encrusted in gems, leopard skins, etc would not show up at civ scale.

Here`re some images of Polish hussars, actually movie shots from the new Russian movie "1612", which is about Polish-Russian War, where you can find 5 or 6 shots of the Polish "angels".

The one were the winged hussar is on fire looks very interesting. I hope that movie gets translated looks like one I would enjoy watching.

A winged hussar would be very nice however a sabre with the hilt encrusted in gems, leopard skins, etc would not show up at civ scale.
The gems on the sabre yes, but I think perhaps the leopard skins could be seen.

Don't we have 3 winged hussars already?

I know for sure we have two. Perhaps even a third
Yes, 2 Age of Kings Conversions and one Sword of Geddon made. There wasn't a preview in the DL database and I'm unable to view it on this computer. But I could have sworn you converted one from Cossacks: Back to War. Or it could be that it was on your to do list. That could be it.

I knew I was correct:
Link

@ Sword of Geddon: But could they master the Polynesian units? ;)

Here's a picture showing the leopard skin I was referring to, it may show up at civ-scale. One of the two on the right riding up to Sobieski with the Turkish standard:
Spoiler :

Or perhaps this one, as the leopard skin is almost a cape:
Spoiler :

---------------------------------

On Topic:
That looks like an awesome movie though. Don't see many late medieval/Renniassance movies taking place in Eastern Europe/Russia. At least not that I've seen.

Good gracious, that movie looks sweet. My sweetie and I want to watch it. Neither of us do Russian. Please please oh please may it be dubbed or subtitled, and available at the rare import movie rental store down the road!

OK you had me confused Tank Guy 3 I thought you meant the swords hilt had a leapard skin a cape is something altogether different.

Top Bottom