I notice you're getting friendly with _______

^^I agree.

And in my current game, I made a DOF with Mongolia. Two turns later he attacked two of my city state allies.

What kind of crap is that?

Something like that should be considered an act of war on hs part, and he should get a backstabbing penalty.

I ended up rage-quitting.

^^I agree.

And in my current game, I made a DOF with Mongolia. Two turns later he attacked two of my city state allies.

What kind of crap is that?

Something like that should be considered an act of war on hs part, and he should get a backstabbing penalty.

I ended up rage-quitting.

I was in this situation a couple times. I sent some unused scouts and warriors and parked them next to the CS so he could not get in melee in position to take the CS. After about 30 turns of failing to take the CS, he gave up.

I always tell them to get over it because i'd rather keep my CS ally. I've never seen any bad results in doing it this way. Maybe in the harder difficulties I play on Emperor.

I was in this situation a couple times. I sent some unused scouts and warriors and parked them next to the CS so he could not get in melee in position to take the CS. After about 30 turns of failing to take the CS, he gave up.

It was too late. He attacked without warning. And I didn't have enough troops to send there.

Really ticked me off. There should be a penalty for that kind of thing.

And sure--I could have later declared war and liberated the CS's in question, but I would have lost all the influence I had prior to them being taken. And I had a ton of influence.

Please provide a source for this claim.

I don't know my way around the XML or anything, but all the information you need is in-game. You can tell it's a small hit because it's always located near the middle of the list of diplomatic modifiers/at the top of the negative modifiers with a civ. If my understanding of the list is correct, that means it's not only small, but it's actually the smallest. It's also written in the darker red.

You can tell that it's temporary by scrolling over "you will pay for this." The tooltip says outright "you will anger [civ] temporarily." And I can confirm that it's accurate, as I always choose this option and the penalty always goes away. Relatively quickly too.

I don't know my way around the XML or anything, but all the information you need is in-game. You can tell it's a small hit because it's always located near the middle of the list of diplomatic modifiers/at the top of the negative modifiers with a civ. If my understanding of the list is correct, that means it's not only small, but it's actually the smallest. It's also written in the darker red.

You can tell that it's temporary by scrolling over "you will pay for this." The tooltip says outright "you will anger [civ] temporarily." And I can confirm that it's accurate, as I always choose this option and the penalty always goes away. Relatively quickly too.
Alright, then you're mixing up the dialogs. ^^ The dialog that you mean is the one you get when someone bullied your city state - the answers to that dialog are different from those that the OP mentioned.

Alright, then you're mixing up the dialogs. ^^ The dialog that you mean is the one you get when someone bullied your city state - the answers to that dialog are different from those that the OP mentioned.

Oh, yeah, I know. I was responding to a different post that was complaining about the AI making a DoF and then bullying his city-states, and he thought that standing up to them = denouncement.

I'm about 99% sure that what OP mentioned is just flavor text.

I'd like an option like: "Yes I am - anything else you'd like to discuss?"

edit: unless it's Alex, in which case I'm with Poekie!

Top Bottom