A question about diplomacy texts

Zefyrinus

Regent
I was told to ask this question here instead, so here goes:

You know in the editor, there's a box for diplomacy text where you enter a number? Does anyone have a list of which number corresponds to which default civ's text (including the civ's from Conquests)? And what does -1 really do?

I know what the -1 does!

It sets the position of the diplomacy text at the line which corresponds to their number in the editor (barbarians not included).

I know what the -1 does!

It sets the position of the diplomacy text at the line which corresponds to their number in the editor (barbarians not included).

Virote, dear fellow, I sense you've given a complete explanation but I have no idea what you mean - if you mean the normal C3C editor, IIRC the value is either -1 or 255.

Best,

Oz

I'll try to illustrate with an example...

Rome is the first (minus the barbarians) civilization on the list. With -1 in the "diplomacy index" box, all of Rome's civilization-specific diplomacy will always be on the first line, with Egypt, it will always be on the second line, and Greece the third, and so on...

Really, it's just like putting a value of 1 in the Roman box, 2 in the Egyptian box and 3 in the Greek box...

I hope that helps a little, words seem to be escaping me today...

I don't think anyone knows about the "-1", but HERE you'll find an overview of Diplomacy.txt and HERE you'll find Pesoloco's Dip editor which should also have some explanaory power.

Best,

Oz
Thanks, but none of the links you posted had info about which number corresponds to which civ. I'm not trying to edit the diplomacy texts, I just need to make sure that each civ gets the right text in a scenario I'm making. See, I deleted two civs so now everyone's diplomacy texts are messed up. I have looked at the file where all the diplomacy texts are, but I couldn't make sense out of it. It seems like most diplomacy texts come in the same order as the civs are listed in the editor, but there are some exceptions. Ah, now I don't have the paper with me where I had written notes about that, I'll post it later...

I know what the -1 does!

Thanks, I suspected it was something like that.

OK, this is what I've figured out from the file with the diplomacy texts (the number stands for in what order the diplomacy text comes):
1. ?
2. ?
3. ?
4. Germany
5. ?
6. ?
7. ?
8. ?
9. ?
10. India
11. Persia
12. ?
13. Zululand
14. ?
15. ?
16. Mongolia
17. ?
18. Vikings
19. ?
20. Celts
21. Arabia
22. Carthage
23. ?
24. ?
25. ?
26. ?
27. Portugal
28. Netherlands
29. Byzantines
30. ?
31. Maya

They seem to be in the exact same order as they appear in civilizations list in the editor, except for Germany. So who knows what other civs come in the wrong order?

In the default set-up, the diplomacy text is in the same order that the civs are - ie Rome is number 1, Egypt number 2 and so on. There is an exception - Netherlands and Portugal are the other way round in the diplomacy text order. I hope this answers the question!

My diplomacy.txt tutorial might help you.

dint't checked this by muyself but what u write makes sounds reasonable and makes sense

Top Bottom