R.E.D. WWII: Concepts & Suggestions

Speaking of Artillery I stumbled across this page recently, describing the modes of artillery usage for the various powers in WW2. It might be a bit too detailed to for Civ to implement though

Michkov, could you post the link you found? It sounds like it would make good reading even if it cant be implemented in the Mod.

I think you've forgotten the link to the page :D

I've found a small bug that prevent the construction of T-34 for USSR, I'll upload a quickfix tonight or tomorrow.

First thank you very much for that really outstanding scenario!
I wasn`t very glad with CIV V, but your changes to the game makes it a pleasure to play. I played the 1939 scenario and it was very impressiv.
Now with the new version 11. i tried the 1942 world scenario. But in that scenario my troops never get any reinforcement. I can see, that AI gets it, but my troops not. I played as germany.

all your units or only some of them ?

And another notes.
T-26 should be stronger than BT-2
At least harbour should be in Leningrad

German Navy was simply crushed in Baltic Sea by GB, only british destroyers there in the end of 1940
Dutch infantry unit is consistently appears on island in Baltic Sea after fall of Amsterdam

Some thoughts
Germany is still weak. Is it possible to give them treat of double speed for promotions? May be it'll help
AI does not use air sweep. Are you planning to change it?

Artillery is pretty good so far.

all my units get no reinforcement.
I don`t speak about not getting full reinforcement (5hp per turn). They never get any, not a single hp.
In order to that, my amount of personal and material cashflow is growing and growing.

To Scoles:
T26 stronger than BT-2: BT-2 should be faster (more movepoints)
Germany to weak: if you play as Germany they are definitely not to strong.

When we say Germany is weak, please indicate what difficulty level you are playing.

Germany seems fine to me but I play Deity, so they have lots of Gold to buy units with.

And another notes.
T-26 should be stronger than BT-2
but T-26 is better in defense, cheaper to build (edit: and easier - don't need land factory) and use less reinforcements.

edit 2 : well the building part is OT as you can't build BT-2, only BT-7... the other points stand, especially the defense one.

At least harbour should be in Leningrad
noted, will be in the quickfix.

German Navy was simply crushed in Baltic Sea by GB, only british destroyers there in the end of 1940
yep, maybe it's overbalanced now.

Dutch infantry unit is consistently appears on island in Baltic Sea after fall of Amsterdam
Yep, forgot to give ownership to those islands, will be corrected in the quickfix.

AI does not use air sweep. Are you planning to change it?
yes, but not immediately.

But Germany is weak and not able to capture even Europe... Norway is mission impossible now.
In my test game they always invade France, Belgium, Netherlands and Denmark when I play USSR in Deity or Immortal level.

Edit : and will invade Norway when I add the Military Invasion Projects.

all my units get no reinforcement.
I don`t speak about not getting full reinforcement (5hp per turn). They never get any, not a single hp.
In order to that, my amount of personal and material cashflow is growing and growing.
Strange, just tested the Earth scenario playing Germany, and I get reinforcements... Do you have older version in your MODS folder ?

V.12 released, just a quickfix...

Changelog :

v.12 (Sep 23, 2011):
- Bugfix : T-34 was not available
- Bugfix : a crash could occur when an AI fighter on forced interception mission was upgraded
- Mapfix : add ownership to Baltic Islands, correct Barcelona and Gothenburg names

This version should be compatible with savegame from v.11 (but not earlier version)

I've added lot's of units and project in v.11, there could be other bugs like the ones fixed here.

For this reason, I will wait a bit before adding new features, units or balance change to the mod to give time for you to report any new bugs (and for me to correct them)

For future versions, I think I'll go for beta release in the development thread to help squash the bugs while adding new features.

but T-26 is better in defense, cheaper to build (edit: and easier - don't need land factory) and use less reinforcements.

edit 2 : well the building part is OT as you can't build BT-2, only BT-7... the other points stand, especially the defense one.
Oh. Ok :)

yes, but not immediately.
It's enough for me as always

In my test game they always invade France, Belgium, Netherlands and Denmark when I play USSR in Deity or Immortal level.
The point is not in achieving goals but in speed

Edit : and will invade Norway when I add the Military Invasion Projects.
Nice :)

I tested this and AI does not buy units in large numbers.

Playing as Germany in V10, Britain was putting out a new ship almost every turn. The only way that happens is with buying.

Germany also replaces their lost units quickly which I attribute to buying and not the slow way I do with having to build them.

Each turn might not be large numbers but turn after turn it starts to add up.

Also were you playing Deity?

Thanks a lot Gedemon!
You were right, i have had parts of an older version in my mod folder. After deleting, reinforcement works correct.
I really love your scenario!

save work in this scenario

thanx, found it...

so here's v.13, compatible with savegame from v.11, v.12

v.13 (Sep 24, 2011):
- Bugfix : Normal save was not working on Earth scenario

Also were you playing Deity?
Yeap, only deity, and Germany handicap is also deity.

Each turn might not be large numbers but turn after turn it starts to add up.
Hm... I gave Germany 100K gold and this amount was only growing. No new units were produced even after I had destroyed their forces (slower than 1-2 unit per turn)

2Gedemon
Don't you ever think to make some kind of radius for Navy?
For example, number of turns which navy unit is able to spend out of city with harbour as least.
'couse now GB's destroyers are standing in Baltic sea for ages.
BWT it may force AI to send ships for reinforcements.

Top Bottom