How can I increase the time needed to research technologies?

14darkdays

Chieftain
Hi masters, I love playing Civilization V at all, but the best thing for me is to play the first ages (antiquity, classical, medieval...), without gunpowder weapons.

So, is it possible to configure a game like the ''Wonders of Ancient World - Mesopotamia'' scenario research timing, making the tech research slower as the game advances?

PD: of course, epic and marathon games are insufficiente for me...

If you're interested in a by difficulty level change for the human, head to handicap info xml.
If you're interested in both human and AI, there is also a size of the map modifier, and that's in the world size xml.

I'm interested in both human and AI, but I don't understand how can a map size modifier change the technology research timing... and where is this xml?

There is a mod called slomo science which increase research cost. But the problem is it didnt scale Great scientifist boosts along with it therefore it is OP. So use it at your own risk.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

If you're looking to create a new scenario to do this, you're more likely to get a better answer in the Civ5 modding forums.

As for "Where is this so-called XML?":
Vanilla Path for Windows: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\Gameplay\XML
G&K Path for Windows: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion\Gameplay\XML
BNW path for windows: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML

Extended Eras (beta) is the mod I use and it works pretty nicely.

Sometimes religion is a bit buggy though- occasionally it dramatically increased holy city pressure for no reason.

Hi masters, I love playing Civilization V at all, but the best thing for me is to play the first ages (antiquity, classical, medieval...), without gunpowder weapons.

I sometimes prefer to play just up to certain ages as well. I use this mod collection (workshop): http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=85614447

You just choose the mod for the era you want to be your last. It doesn't slow down the research times, but instead slows down the passage of the last era (in terms of years passing) of whichever one you choose and places a repeating tech at the end of that era that serves the same function as Future Tech.

Requires G&K but also works with BNW should you get that expansion too. I use the later era mods if I'm in the mood for CV or DV, and the earlier ones when I'm in the mood for tank-free skirmishes. I find archery and swords so much more satisfying for some reason.

Vitruvius, thanks for the information, I'm going to take a look on it.

AgressiveWimp, I'm not interested in create a scenario, only in configure the games, but thanks for the path information!

nemesis464, I will take a look on it, sure! thanks!

Manhogard, these modpacks looks wonderful! Thank you for the information, I'm going to download and play them! Just what I was looking for...

Top Bottom