Which log file contains my warmonger score?

jauggy

Warlord
According to this article: http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Warmongering_(Civ5)

I can view my war monger score in a log file in MyDocuments/Civ 5/Logs
However, there are many files here and I can't seem to find any records of my war monger score. Any help? Thanks.

UPDATE:
I think I found the file. Please read my post below (third post in this thread).

Go to:
C:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\config.ini

Open up config.ini and edit to enable message logging and ai logging:
; Enable message logging
MessageLog = 1

; Enable AI logging
AILog = 1

Play the game. Now when you go to the log folder you can view all the logs:
C:\Users\Joshua\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Logs

To view you war monger threat score, go to DiplomacyAI_Approach_Log.csv

I've attached a sample csv so you can view one from one of my games. I only started half way through the game though.

Column A: Turn number
Column B: Civ who's view you want
Column C: Civ who is the target. i.e. if you are playing indonesia and want to know what is portugal's view of you, then look for Portugal in column B and indonesia in column C. If you have Microsoft Excel, you should be able to set filters to easily do this for you.
Column D: AI Stance e.g. FRIENDLY, NEUTRAL, GUARDED, HOSTILE. There is one more stance that is not visible from the UI, which is DECEPTIVE. Deceptive Civs will appear as Friendly to you, but really they see you as a war target. To check if AI is deceptive, usually he will have no reason to be friendly to you - mouse over the FRIENDLY status and view all the red and green modifiers - if there are lots of reasons to hate you in red and not many green, he is likely deceptive. Friends will also give good trade deals - 1 lux you own will get you either 7gpt or 1 of their spare luxes. Deceptive civs will usually only allow bad trade deals, like guarded civs. To determine if a civ is deceptive, try and propose a fair trade and see what happens. If a civ goes from guarded to friendly for no reason, he is likely in deceptive mode. Guarded means he hates you but you have a very strong military. Once your military dwindles he will switch to deceptive because now he no longer fears you. The purpose of deceptive mode is for the player to trust him and then open borders so he can take a peak at your weaknesses.

COLUMN F: Not sure what this is. The column has "OPN XXX" where XXX can be unforgiveable, enemy, ally, friend, competitor

COLUMN G: The warmonger threat column. Possible values: None, minor, major, severe, critical. This column can be deduced from the game UI, except for friendly civs. To check what they think of your war mongering, simply hover over their stance (e.g. NEUTRAL, GUARDED, etc) when talking to them and it should appear in red. Possible red messages shown below. Here's the non-obvious part: declared friend civs dont really show what they think of your war mongering - but they still track it. You won't know it from the UI and can only tell from the logs. I've found that once you hit a critical point of war mongering, your friends will backstab and it will appear.

None 0-19 N/A
Minor 20-49 They have some early concerns about your warmongering.
Major 50-99 They clearly see the potential threat posed by your warmongering.
Severe 100-199 They believe your warmongering has become an issue of global prominence.
Critical 200+ They fear your warmongering will soon sink the world into a new Dark Age!

COLUMN H: Some numbers here in the format X/Y; I don't know what is the first number, but the second number is you war monger score. It should correspond to the table written above. E.g. a score of 20 in column H means you that in column G you should see W_THT_MNR (Minor threat)

COLUMN O: No idea. Something to do with M_THT ???

COLUMN J: I believe this column is how good a war target you are. It can range from Impossible, Bad, A, Soft, Favorable. I don't know what A or soft means, but they are somewhere between bad and favorable.

COLUMN L to Q: No idea.

Columns S to AF: The possible stances an AI can have and a number. The actual stance is the one with the highest number.

Attachments

• DiplomacyAI_Approach_Log.zip
    36.6 KB · Views: 220
jauggy said:
...COLUMN H: Some numbers here in the format X/Y; I don't know what is the first number, but the second number is you war monger score. It should correspond to the table written above. E.g. a score of 20 in column H means you that in column G you should see W_THT_MNR (Minor threat)...

Solution: Numbers in the Format of X/Y.

X = Warmonger Amount = (1000 * est_num_cities) / (actual_num_cities * victim_num_cities)

"est_num_cities" is a fix Number based on the Map Size.

Here a List of Values:

• Duel Maps = 13
  • Tiny Maps = 26
  • Small Maps = 39
  • Standard Maps = 52
  • Large Maps = 80
  • Huge Maps = 132

"actual_num_cities" is the total number of all cities on the Map.

"victim_num_cities" is the number of cities a civilisation controlls before one of them is captured. :scan: (Still working on, what exactly that means)

Y = Warmonger Score = (X * "HateWarmongers") / 100

"HateWarmongers" is a fix Value each AI Leader has. You could search them in the Assets but - :rolleyes: lets be honest - who wants to do that? Here is a page where you can find this "HateWarmongers"- and even more Values for any AI Leader.

Currently working on Example:
Marathon Game - Large Map: I razed a civilisation and took away all the cities they had (5). When I looked in the Log for the Shoshone civ, These where the values:

(Round) 1013, The Shoshone, America,... 1023/51

"HateWarmongers" for Shoshone = 5

1023 * 5 = 5115

5115 / 100 = 51,15 => 51 :D

so Y works fine, but :hmm: how exactly did the 1023 develop???

I also found the Information that X decreases about 5 every Round. And who would guess it? Next Round?

(Round) 1014, The Shoshone, America,... 1020/51

:huh: So just decreases 3 every Round?
:think: Will have to think of that for a while

Assumption: Warmonger Score decreases just 3 every Round, because it is a Marathon Game
So it should decrease 4 per Round in Epic Games and 5 in Standard Games. In Fast Games I would assume a 10 for Decrease, but just a theory for now.

To be continued...

The leader values are not directly fixed to a static number, they are fixed to a number range. So Pocatello's value as shown on that page (and in the actual game-code as I recall*) is 5 (7-3), which means that in any single game he will have a value for that 'attribute' that can be from '7' to '3' based on a random-number-generator-selection made at game start-up.

And yes, at Standard Game Speeds the Warmonger 'Score' will decay (get smaller) every turn by 5 points, but the number of decay-points-per-turn actually used for a particular game will be modified based on a player's chosen game-speed. This modification effect is true for nearly every game 'base-value' that is related to a 'per-turn' or 'number-of-turns' effect of some kind. Otherwise, in Marathon games (for example) you would get wildly imbalanced rates of decay or increase.

* meaning in the XML I think Firaxis have not changed the base number for Pocatello from a '5' to something else as a result of any of the patches.

With the latest patch, Firaxis added Warmonger Penalty Weight starting low and increasing with every new Era until it reaches the 100% in Modern Era :

Spoiler :
see CIV5Eras.xml, e.g. ERA_ANCIENT :
<WarmongerPercent>50</WarmongerPercent>

50% (Ancient), 60% (Classic), 70% (MA), 80% (Renaissance), 90% (Industrial), 100% (Modern, Postmodern, Future)

The Warmonger formula :

Warmonger Amount = (1000 * est_num_cities) / (actual_num_cities * victim_num_cities)

can be easier understood if you regroup its terms to :

Warmonger Amount = (1000 / victim_num_cities) * (est_num_cities /actual_num_cities)

(Mathmatically the formulaes are equivalent, but their implementation might be not due to different rounding results.)

The 1st term "1000 / victim_num_cities" gives :

1000 for the last city of a civ,
500 for its 2nd last city,
333 for its 3rd last city,
250 for its 4th last city,
200 for its 5th last city,

The 2nd term "(est_num_cities /actual_num_cities)" is a weight which is becoming smaller when more cities are settled on a map.

Due to initial population of a map (number of civs + city states), the starting value should be est_num_cities / (number of civs + city states) which varies with map size :

Duel : 13 / (2+4) = 2,167
Tiny : 26 / (4+8) = 2,167
Small : 39 / (6+12) = 2,167
Standard : 52 / (8+16) = 2,167
large : 80 / (10+20) = 2,667
huge : 132 / (12+24) = 3,667

So the modifier for a very early war on a huge map (3,667) seems to be much bigger than for early war on smaller maps (2,167). (However early war on huge map is less likely due to bigger distance between civs.)

For BNW (actual patch) this value must be modified with the weight depending on era, e.g. 50% Ancient Era or 60% Classic Era.

It seems that the new Era modifier (50% (Ancient), 60% (Classic), 70% (MA), 80% (Renaissance), 90% (Industrial), 100% (Modern, Postmodern, Future)), which curiously correlates with the expected degree of settling the map (= actual_num_cities / est_num_cities), just neutralizes the 2nd term "(est_num_cities /actual_num_cities)".

Spoiler :
Example :
For a standard map the number of Civs is 8, the number of Minor Civs is 16 and estimated number of cities is 52 (see CIV5Worlds.xml), so the initial weight for standard map should be 52 / (8 + 16) = 2,167.
Starting an early war, taking your neighbours capital while every civ on the map still has only one city would give a Warmonger Amount of 2167 (Vanilla?). For BNW (actual patch) this value must be modified with the weight depending on era, e.g. 50% Ancient or 60% Classic :
Warmonger Amount = 1083 (50% Ancient) or 1300 (60% Classic).

(Please note that I just used the formula and numbers from the referenced xml-files in Expansion2-folder. So far I did not check Warmonger-values in game to verify the calculations.)

I'm sorry, I'm afraid I know where the total score is only and it is in the hall of fame. The hall of fame has score of all your finished games if you were able to finish them off without quitting. If you quit a lot then there won't be a record of it. Sorry about not knowing about the warmonger score though. I would've been more informative if I did.

Top Bottom