Ideology Public Opinion (And Therefore Culture/Tourism)

Stuthedog

Chieftain
I have recently started playing G&K and BNW DLC and every time I play I always tend to run into unhappiness issues from my Ideology.

My strategy is generally heavy into the population/science which, by the time ideologies come, I am the first or one of the first adapting and can even usually get Statue of Liberty/Broadway/ other good tourism/culture wonders to help with my ideology pressure.

I guess what I am asking is what kind of Culture/Tourism do I need to not get crippled by unhappiness as no matter how much emphasis I put into them each game I play it makes no difference.

The AI civs going for a cultural victory are the ones doing that to you. Try bribing their less culturally-leaning neighbors to invade them--if they're going for CV, that means their military is not so good.

The AI civs going for a cultural victory are the ones doing that to you. Try bribing their less culturally-leaning neighbors to invade them--if they're going for CV, that means their military is not so good.

Second part not necessarily true, in my last game the AI in the lead of new cultural victory was the exact same one with the most troops.

Look at demographics screen, and that will tell you who is #1 in troops at the moment (based on the flawed calculated the AI uses that underweights ranged units though)

One torch is easy to manage. Two torches is more difficult, with it being based on differential in levels and the percentages used, its easier to cancel out an opponent's exotic by becoming exotic yourself over them than to try to get enough culture to get them back to unknown.
To a lesser extent, that applies to familiar as well. But you can with a strong concentration on culture deny them popular.

Top Bottom