Does your diplomat have to stay in a Civ to keep a vote?

gamemaster3000

Warlord
Let's say it's 30 turns to a Congress, can my diplomat travel to all the different Civs and work a vote, or does he have to stay in the one to make it stick?

Also, what happens if my buddy who I'm playing against has already visited them and gotten them to vote the other way?

I'm pretty sure i still works after you make a deal and move your diplomat. (Not completely positive though.)

Idk about the 2nd question.

1. I'm pretty sure it still works without keeping the diplomat there.
2. Sometimes in the WC the AI will give (for example) 3 nay votes and 5 yes votes to the same resolution. So the AI just does both votes.

2. Sometimes in the WC the AI will give (for example) 3 nay votes and 5 yes votes to the same resolution. So the AI just does both votes.
That's because you can only buy the "core" votes, those added by city states, wonders, etc. can still be assigned for other things.

They definitely don't have to stay in place. In fact that would make it pretty difficult to pass things that are unpopular. I did this in my last game to push through my world religion, by shuffling my diplomat to 3 different capitals in the time it took to vote.

1.)You can move your diplomat the second you buy some votes
2.)You can only buy/sell core votes so if your buddy has already visited a particular civ and bought votes then you can't, unless you can get the AI to DOW your buddy then the deal's off.

Top Bottom