Age of Empires II HD

Did anyone else play Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds? It use the age of empires engine and was essentially an aoe2 clone but in star wars universe. You had same resource management (5 types, used for different stuff), defensive buildings, tech tiers and research, roughly the same number of units though almost all ranged and flying ones. I was really into it for a year or so in my teens. Tried to revive it recently but the graphics haven't aged well.

That game defined my childhood.
I played it before the original AoE. it was my introduction to RTS games. I played it at my uncle's house during a vacation in 2004.
Recently, I've been looking for it, but I cannot get it. I've tried everything to get it, but except a short description no Wikipedia, a modding website abandoned in 2005 and a handful of reviews and old broken links, there is literally no proof of it's existence.

I SERIOUSLY want it. WANT it. NEED it.

EDIT: it has an expansion, with more factions and some mroe campaigns. It's called Star Wars: Galactic battlegrounds: the Clone Campaigns.

Massive necro, but didn't want to start an additional thread.

There's a new expansion coming later in 2015. Also some workshop updates and performance fixes to get rid of that super annoying lag. The same team that worked on the Forgotten is working on the new expansion.

Our goal in the upcoming months is to make some dramatic improvements to the Steam workshop for Age of Empires II to make the experience much better for users. This includes a mod manager in-game to reprioritize loading and making mods active / inactive, improved file sizes and update capabilities for mod authors to prevent users from needing to subscribe to multiple packs, and enhanced mod capabilities for certain files types within the game.

I am extremely excited to reveal that we’ll be working with the Forgotten Empires team to formally bring a new expansion to the Age of Empires franchise later this year.

We’ll be detailing the expansion throughout the year in developer blogs directly from the team – including one soon revealing the first new civilization. I’ll leave you with a teaser the team sent from one of the new units being worked on. As with the Forgotten Expansion, you can anticipate a lot packed in there, including new civs, campaigns, game modes, units, and more. If your focus is more on the original AOEII experience, the new content development means you can look forward to additional support and features that benefit every owner.

Top Bottom