Total War: Warhammer

Sigh. I guess it could be worse.

That's the problem with Warhammer. You always know it could be worse. But at the same time, you can't forget that WH40K is a thing, so you ALSO know that it could be a lot better. Leaving you with a decided feeling of "meh".

40k also would not work well as a Total War game at all. 40K and Fantasy are both great for different reasons and increasingly ll too often despite Games Workshop's efforts to ruin it.

I will start caring about this though when they release actual information, an official announcement is nice but they already unofficially confirmed it months ago.

This is probably the only chance for a very long time, maybe even ever, for a solid Warhamemr Fantasy strategy game on PC, so CA had better not screw this up.

Fair, but I'm still very excited about Total War in a fantasy setting! And we already have some amazing WH40K games. :)

Fair enough, I can always go back and play the original Dawn of War. No Tyranids in it though :(

Yeah the problem is, I tried the demo of DoW2 when it was originally released, and hated it. Maybe they fixed it through patching and expansions later but I remember it having no real base building at all, which to me is like 90% of the fun of the RTS genre. So I stuck with the original.

I actually like Warhammer, maybe more than 40k :shifty: well apart from necromunda which is probably the best gw product.

I only played ~12 hours of dawn of war 2, and yes, it's squad based rts and gets boring really quick. Cus yep, no rts base or unit building. It's more like diablo but you control heroes rts style.

Space marine was pretty fun though, although a bit short and it really needs a cover system like mass effect.

I liked the change of scale and pace with DoW 2. Every RTS under the sun has base building. The cover and damage system worked tremendously well, and the game was much more tactical. Besides, I could always go back to Dark Crusade for my more traditional needs.

I actually like Warhammer, maybe more than 40k :shifty: well apart from necromunda which is probably the best gw product.

Heretic! :nuke:

If someone made a decent Necromunda game which was turn based and had the gang management and unit progression as well as a scenario editor.....

Yeah, a Necromunda game would be fun. But even more, I want a Homeworld-esque Battlefleet Gothic game....

Top Bottom