[MoO] Moo2 borg mod

Rocco.40

King

Coming soon.

The most incredible a.i. opponent you have ever fought in Master of Orion 2.
The borg are not to be messed with!

Resistance is futile.

:assimilate:

MOO2 BORG MOD

On the Impossible setting, the standard races in the Borg edition will somewhat better than the standard MOO edition. I have mainly 'debugged' the extra abilities and did some rebalancing. But they will be nowhere near as strong as ICEx or even regular ICE. The Borg however, will be twice as strong as the strongest ICEx race! (in terms of ICE ECO value) Gameplay will massively differ depending on Borg presence in the game. If they are, the game will be hugely unbalanced. This mod is for the fun of having the Borg in MOO2 and playing against an incredible foe rather than a careful balancing act of all things.
(fun, but not a quick fix with just adding this cool picture in the race-choice screen. it will be a full mod)

I find it really hard to get a proper Queen in the Galactic Council.
This transparancy thing that the Darlok Emperor has going on, is very hard to copy.
As you can see this is especially visible with light colors = the Queens face.
"Normal transparancy" does not work in MOO.
Transparancy is sensitive to darkness / blackness of the color.

I am using the 'MOO2 Workshop' to do this-
http://mo3.fatal.ru/moo2_workshop_eng.htm

Here is a new pic with Queen in the race screen and a Borg spy;
Not really satisfied with the spy at the moment, working on a better pic.
(I think it is really impressive what graphical artists can do with 50-100 pixels in creating a figure.)

I did not manage to get the graphics for the council room right, was too much work, then not much later that year, work on the 1.50 patch started, which took most of my moo2 time.

Top Bottom