Invasion TBS game

Modify it so you can invade facebook groups :D

Feature creeeeeeeeep :)

Why not add squirrels?

Yes I am thinking about this option at most. Can you give information about Steam.
http://www.steampowered.com/steamworks/index.php <-- I think this is the website you need...

Here's a wiki link to what Steam is. It's basically a "content delivery" system, where users pay for a game and download it via the interface. It's kinda like iTunes.

Unfortunately, I don't know much about it, only that I've seen lots of 2D games like this available to download. And people pay for them too!

Screenshots look nice, you should publish this game as freeware or through Steam. I think that this could become popular among hardcore Civilization/Colonization players.

One very important thing: make sure your game has been thoroughly tested and that no glaring bugs are still there. The best way to do that would be to do some sort of beta where you give the game to 30-40 people and ask them to play.
Maybe you did that already :) But if you're really serious about publishing your game, you can't afford to have a broken product.

Can people make mods for this game?

Most people who play Civ-style games have their own views on how the game should be structured. Civ games have always been pretty good at allowing the user to control that, and that creates a loyal, heavily involved fan-base (this site is living proof!). It would be great if this stuff wasn't hard-coded, and people could tinker with the rules, units, terrain, tech-trees, wonders, buildings, etc. I think that any game that seeks to be so true to the Civ series (as yours clearly is) without the ability to tinker with the inner workings will have limited appeal to Civ fans.

The flip-side of that, though, is that you can market this as being simply one massive, well designed stand-alone mod for Civilisation/Colonisation. This might be a better way to go, but only if you're willing to put it out as shareware, since I doubt people are willing to pay for a "mod", regardless of how good it is.

One thing... Your tech-trees, units, and general game concept is heavily based on Civ. Make sure you're not breaching any intellectual property laws by releasing this...

Can people make mods for this game?
One thing... Your tech-trees, units, and general game concept is heavily based on Civ. Make sure you're not breaching any intellectual property laws by releasing this...

I know this and I am of course accepting that I affected from Civ. But in some cases there is nothing you can do, for example after gunpowder is developed chemistry should be opened. This is how world come today. I could not change that kind of things. I respect to Sid Meier and Civilization but if someone tries to create some new TBS game about history of world have to pass from similar way.

Also Masquerouge, me am and my friends are heavly testing game:) This issue is important too. Because TBS games are generally so detailed so you have to be careful at testing.

First of all, Good job!! I hope this really helps you to get a place on the IT industry. I'm studying Software Engineering (Still long way to go for me), I hope I can get skilled at programming and stuff. Looking forward to try your game sometime.

That is what I was thinking, it does seem very ..... familiar.

Fair play all the same though.

ozangumus said:
Also Masquerouge, me am and my friends are heavly testing game

I think that you should also have couple of testers that don't know you in real life. Your friends may not reports some (minor) flaws to you, as they don't want to sound like nitpickers.

I examined all choices and I decided how to release my game.

Its demo version (which is limited till year 300 AC) will be (downloadable) 4-6 days later. I will release my game as shareware. Certainly I will have some problems with presentation/promotion. Because very low number of people knows about Invasion game. If any of you think they can help me about this problem please contact me. I will be very glad.

You can play Invasion very soon.

Well, if everyone here advertises the game in other forums people are browsing, that will help a little. At least I'll do that.

Thanks Hitti-Litti I will need that kind of help very much, I really do not care they buy or not; I want at least people will reach my game and try. Of course if I can sell much then I can continue developing new games). It becomes good but at least I want to see lots of people will download its demo.

I really worked lot for this game, making a game with only one person:) is really hard. You have to draw its arts, find sounds, create web page, promote game, most importantly wrote source code, creating dialogs, help files by yourself. Only one of my friend Mike is helping me translating it in English. Because my English is not so good. Finishing and releasing Invasion one day was my dream for last 5 years. Some computer magazines here, distributed its beta versions three years ago (but they are very old). It was my amateur project. There were lots of wrong things it was so slow, ext. Then I restarted making it with using power of DirectX. Now I am very near make my dream real. I was playing nights and days Colonization when I was 10-15 years old. I really liked that game and I wanted to reshape it.

Wow, awesome looking game! I especially dig it because I play older games all the time and like the simplicity in graphics. I hope you continue on with it to the point of completion I would definately donate to play it if you were not able to sell it. Could you add nuclear weapons though?

Top Bottom