The "I Got A New Game!" Thread

I'm downloading Tom Clancy's HAWX as I type (steam).
Played the demo and had lots of fun.

I wish somebody would make a game like Total Air War again.

I'm downloading Tom Clancy's HAWX as I type (steam).
Played the demo and had lots of fun.

I wish somebody would make a game like Total Air War again.

Ah, HAWX. A fun game indeed. I dont know if I would have bought it for 50$ though. (Got it for 15$ which made it worthwhile )

Yep, 50€ is a bit stiff, but I wanted something new and it is indeed very fun.
Can't find an online game though... :(
I'll put screenshots in the screenshots thread as soon as I figure which key it is.

EDIT : btw, I can't believe how Steam is robbing us Europeans over the exchange rate. 50$=50€??? WTF?

You have terrible timing Izipo. HAWX is 40% for the weekend on Steam. So I decided to buy it.

I just got Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past for GBA from a nearby game store which sells games for every console ever released :) Seems to be a good game

Borrowed CoD: World at War from my room mate, the singleplayer campaign is actually pretty good. Havn't played multi yet.

Also been TRYING to play Fallout 3 on his computer, but it keeps crashing and I'm on my 3rd new game. I havn't been able to get out of the damn vault/cave in two of them and another one kept crashing whenever I got more than 100 feet from megaton.

You have terrible timing Izipo. HAWX is 40% for the weekend on Steam. So I decided to buy it.

Damn :wallbash:

Hope you have fun with it.
It would be cool to try to do an online game (coop?) sometime.

Bought Defense Grid just now on Steam. Played the demo a bit ago, it was fun. Not worth 20$ fun, but for 5$ its a must-buy.

Not exactly new, but since I never played it when I first bought it I redownloaded Nexus: The Jupiter Incident. It's fun enough, but I'm only playing it due to my newfound love of Battlestar Galactica.

I'm very tempted to reinstall Homeworld as well.

For some reason, older games are more compatible on Vista than on my XP box.

I reinstalled SimEarth for Windows, SimFarm for Windows, SimTown, and some others.

Though those older games still gripe and complain about wanting to go into 256 colors.

I noticed that. It's actually kind of funny, especially when it says it isn't high enough.

Yeah I remember one of my old games said it didn't think ym system was good enough to run it, apparently it thoguht more highly of it'self than Crysis or Oblivion (Fallout 3 runs smooth as hell, Oblivion still has fits).

Yeah I remember one of my old games said it didn't think ym system was good enough to run it, apparently it thoguht more highly of it'self than Crysis or Oblivion (Fallout 3 runs smooth as hell, Oblivion still has fits).

I remember once:
"This game requires 32 MB of memory to run. Your system only has 4 GB. The game may not play correctly," or something like that. :lol:

I got STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl, STALKER was discussed early in the thread. I have to say... I have a rather mitigated feeling towards it. Up to now, probably a 4 to 6 out of 10. I just made it to the Bar (Duty), so I'm not so far in.

It has a nice atmosphere, cool monsters... Something keeps me playing, I guess it's the exploration/gloomy factor, I dunno...

But it's so obviously flawed. The PDA you get your info from is annoying to navigate and while it's realistic that time passes by and action keeps happening even when you're looking at it, it just doesn't translate well in gameplay. Far Cry 2 did the same, with minimal interface and no pause to look at the map, but Far Cry 2 didn't need to convey that much information either... It's annoying as hell to try to figure out the next objective, or what exactly you're doing, reading diary, looking at the hard to use map, etc. and suddenly getting attacked. Argh.

Then there's all the side quests. They seem interesting, but the developers did the criminal mistake of putting time limits and restrictions on the quests. Not only that, but the time limit is still there after you completed the objective. You have to return to the quest giver for the reward IN TIME. What the hell. Can't I bring you your artifact later? No. you have to walk all the way across the rather boring map 24 times and you have to do it NOW. No, just no. This is so tedious, all this walking. Seriously, who took the quests from the Cordon area? I did a few, but once I hit Garbage, I was like, "you want me to waste 15 minutes to walk back and forth to this place?" ... no F U.

The developers used the "main character has amnesia" cop out and missed out entirely on great story line opportunities. Also, I hate how "The Zone" is so extremely detached from the outside world. I mean, sure, it can be isolated, but don't make me feel like this isn't even planet Earth anymore. Anyway, I felt that I had no real motivation to do whatever my character is doing. I was expecting a more "realistic" setting, like, some mutants, some scavenger guys in the ruins... Not a whole new world and isolated society with different factions, all formed in what, 4 years? ... Right.

The fact that you keep shooting straight at guys and they don't die or take way too many hits to fall down... Argh... I know they used a model where even if you aim well, there is a percentage of chances your bullets will miss. Fallout 3 does this also. But for some reason, I found the Fallout 3 model a lot more acceptable than what it is in STALKER. The guns feel a little tame.. Also, stealthing is really annoying and guys see you way too easily, again. So many games have this problem.

So yeah, cool mutants and gloomy places to explore, the AI is actually pretty good, except for the eagle eyes of anti-stealth part. Keep coming back to it, but deeply annoyed at some other stuff.

Spoiler :
I got STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl, STALKER was discussed early in the thread. I have to say... I have a rather mitigated feeling towards it. Up to now, probably a 4 to 6 out of 10. I just made it to the Bar (Duty), so I'm not so far in.

It has a nice atmosphere, cool monsters... Something keeps me playing, I guess it's the exploration/gloomy factor, I dunno...

But it's so obviously flawed. The PDA you get your info from is annoying to navigate and while it's realistic that time passes by and action keeps happening even when you're looking at it, it just doesn't translate well in gameplay. Far Cry 2 did the same, with minimal interface and no pause to look at the map, but Far Cry 2 didn't need to convey that much information either... It's annoying as hell to try to figure out the next objective, or what exactly you're doing, reading diary, looking at the hard to use map, etc. and suddenly getting attacked. Argh.

Then there's all the side quests. They seem interesting, but the developers did the criminal mistake of putting time limits and restrictions on the quests. Not only that, but the time limit is still there after you completed the objective. You have to return to the quest giver for the reward IN TIME. What the hell. Can't I bring you your artifact later? No. you have to walk all the way across the rather boring map 24 times and you have to do it NOW. No, just no. This is so tedious, all this walking. Seriously, who took the quests from the Cordon area? I did a few, but once I hit Garbage, I was like, "you want me to waste 15 minutes to walk back and forth to this place?" ... no F U.

The developers used the "main character has amnesia" cop out and missed out entirely on great story line opportunities. Also, I hate how "The Zone" is so extremely detached from the outside world. I mean, sure, it can be isolated, but don't make me feel like this isn't even planet Earth anymore. Anyway, I felt that I had no real motivation to do whatever my character is doing. I was expecting a more "realistic" setting, like, some mutants, some scavenger guys in the ruins... Not a whole new world and isolated society with different factions, all formed in what, 4 years? ... Right.

The fact that you keep shooting straight at guys and they don't die or take way too many hits to fall down... Argh... I know they used a model where even if you aim well, there is a percentage of chances your bullets will miss. Fallout 3 does this also. But for some reason, I found the Fallout 3 model a lot more acceptable than what it is in STALKER. The guns feel a little tame.. Also, stealthing is really annoying and guys see you way too easily, again. So many games have this problem.

So yeah, cool mutants and gloomy places to explore, the AI is actually pretty good, except for the eagle eyes of anti-stealth part. Keep coming back to it, but deeply annoyed at some other stuff.
I kinda felt the same way about mount and blade as far as the quest goes. They are horribly repetitive, with their being only like 6 or something, and they are tedious to complete (wanting me to march across the entire map just to tell whats-his-face "hi"). They get really boring and even frustrating after a while... :wallbash:

Top Bottom