What are your Steam hours played?

Saints Row 3 - 18 hours (I, err, just got the game Friday night)
Civilization V - 267 hours
Mount and Blade Warband -124 hours

Doesn't count when I was offline for the latter two. Rest of the games are all under a hundred hours or so.

Looking at all you with these things in the 300s I feel slightly left behind with my 156 hours of Crusader Kings 2 as my highest.

Though that said 80 hours of that were in the first 6 days I owned the game.

Looking at all you with these things in the 300s I feel slightly left behind with my 156 hours of Crusader Kings 2 as my highest.

Though that said 80 hours of that were in the first 6 days I owned the game.

I mean it just depends a lot on the game. Some games I don't play frequently but have had a long time, like civ5. I play it in spurts like a 10 hour game here and there but it's been out 3 years almost so it adds up. Dota 2 is definitely my biggest obsession though, I've only had it 7 months.

Other games you get to 30 hours and they're completely done, no reason to play anymore. Like batman arkham games. Awesome games but once beaten no reason to replay.

I actually sometimes wish I spent less time on singular games and tried to finish everything in my library at least once. There are so many games I haven't even turned on in my steam account I didn't list.

Since we're doing offline estimates, some of my tops:

Mass Effect 2 ~ 100 hours
Dragon Age Origins ~ 100 hours
Civ4: BTS ~ man I dunno, it has to be over 1000. Maybe close to 2000. I mean I've had the game 5 years and sometimes it's the only thing I played for an entire month.

I have a lot of other games that I never quite got into like mass effect 1, assassin's creed, the witcher, obivion. All under 20 hours I'm sure. But the bane of my existence from 2004-2010:

World of Warcraft ~ 10000 hours. How did I arrive at this estimation? I literally played this 50+ hours a week in college. I didn't watch tv, I didn't play any other video games. I worked and went to class but weekends I didn't leave my house. It was bad. In wow you can see time played per character and it's measured in days as in 24 hours of time logged in. I had multiple guys with over 80 days. It took meeting my wife and all my friends quitting to finally kick this game. I'd actually still be playing it if it were fun but when you can commit to 5 hour raids and you don't have any friends on your server it's a pretty lame experience.

As of right Now (List is in the spoiler )

I have Dota and Want to get Team Fortress 2 but I want to finish my current playthrough's of ME first. Are they easy to get into?

Dota 2 is a mixed bag. It is deceivingly simple, simple interface, only 4 abilities per guy, simple controls. But there is a ton of strategic depth behind it, it can have a high learning curve. It can also be quite frustrating when you are new and behind everyone in games. But I found it quite addictive, so yes it was easy for me to get into. But it takes a good month to get really acclimated to it.

You can do a single playthrough in 20 hours if you don't do side quests, and probably 40 if you try to do them all. If you explore every nook and cranny and do all origin starters then yeah 80 hours is about right. ~10 hours for a single player game aside from a 'casual' game like plants vs zombies or some indie platformer seems low. I think 20 is more average.

Fallout: New Vegas
542.1 hrs on record
Links View Stats Recommend...

Sid Meier's Civilization V
333.0 hrs on record

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
183.4 hrs on record

XCOM: Enemy Unknown
83.9 hrs on record

X-COM: UFO Defense
57.9 hrs on record
Links Recommend...

Of course games I've played a lot of aren't steam games. World of Warcraft would be #1, followed by Civilization 4. Dragon Age: Origins I've probably played as much as Fallout: New Vegas. And then Baldur's Gate 1 and 2

You can do a single playthrough in 20 hours if you don't do side quests, and probably 40 if you try to do them all. If you explore every nook and cranny and do all origin starters then yeah 80 hours is about right. ~10 hours for a single player game aside from a 'casual' game like plants vs zombies or some indie platformer seems low. I think 20 is more average.

I think Origins took me about sixty hours, though I did try most of the sidequests. Awakenings took another 20, totalling 80.

10 hours is rather low but its not actually too bad an estimate. Most shooters' campaigns clock in around there.

In comparison to the full ~60-80 hours it takes to play the game it sure is a speed run. It might not be a super fast or entirely proper one, but you skip most of the content and the fun either way.

10 hours is not a speed run.
35 minutes is a speed run:
http://speeddemosarchive.com/DragonAgeOrigins.html

10 hours is merely... not taking time to explore much, but following the main quest line. Which is how some people play games.

That is just ridiculous. Have those glitches been patched yet? I know I used the one when finding the ashes to cure the redcliff guy where if you killed the dragon right outside the ashes location then kept zoning in and out you got the xp from the kill each time. Got like 10 levels that way but it made the game quite trivial and I wouldn't recommend it.

I have been playing Civ V for a really long time and I'm two hours away from reaching 3100 hours. I'm at 3098 right now and by tomorrow I'll be around 3120 most likely.

Civ V hours: 3098

- civ v 4 life -

WoW (not steam tracked)
Eleventy-billion hrs

Sid Meier's Civilization V
860 hrs on record

PlanetSide 2
366 hrs on record

Mount & Blade: Warband
187 hrs on record

Fallout: New Vegas
154 hrs on record

Torchlight II
118 hrs on record

Fallout 3
86 hrs on record

Defense Grid: The Awakening
86 hrs on record

Tropico 4
81 hrs on record

XCOM: Enemy Unknown
81 hrs on record

Desktop Dungeons
71 hrs on record

I'm a tad bit skeptical of the Civ V hours. First of all, at least half that time, if not 2/3, is spent waiting for turns. Of course some of that time is productive if you're planning your next turn, but a lot of times its just vedge time. Second, I know one of the reasons I like Civ V is the fact that I can just AFK from it at any time and it doesn't matter... so who knows how much of that time was it just running in the background. Nonetheless...

Fallout NV and Warband are really my favorites on the list. Both of those games were just so much fun to play. NV is pretty close to my ultimate RPG experience, and Warband had the best gameplay experience I've ever had in a game - the horseback archery /lancing is ridiculously thrilling.

PS2 is an amazing game, but also frustrating at times. Ultimately I usually play with increasing intensity for a while, and then I have to quit because it just amps me up too much. /ragequit

WoW is just my 2nd life. /couldabeenadoctororsavedtheworld

In comparison to the full ~60-80 hours it takes to play the game it sure is a speed run. It might not be a super fast or entirely proper one, but you skip most of the content and the fun either way.

Put game on the easiest difficulty, add in some borderline cheating mods and then play though the game without wasting time reloading / dying. And with a walkthrough open so I dont miss anything. That's my idea of "Fun".

Its the Japanese way of gaming.

You are crazy to play 80hrs on a game.

Top 5:

Kerbal Space Program: 583 hours
Talisman: Digital edition: 477 hours
Civilization V: 457 hours
Hearts of Iron III: 170 hours
Banished: 91 hours

74 straight days... I have no life :(

For WoW? Seems pretty normal.

WoW is not a game, it's a lifestyle.

Anyway, I should update my dota 2 hours, it's broken 1000!

Dota2 - 1356!

And some new ones:
NBA 2k13 - 119
Defense Grid the Awakening - 54
Torchlight 2 - 34
Deadspace - 24
Tomb Raider - 21
Deadspace 2 - 22
Bionic Dues - 15
Walking dead season 1 - 14
Walking dead season 2 - 11

Not on steam: Deadspace 3 - somewhere around 25 hours
Mass effect 3 - somewhere around 30
FTL - Man! I have no clue, anywhere from 50-100
Master of orion - Old school! Probably at least 50. I play this a lot on my laptop at inlaws
Master of origion 2 - Same as above but less, probably 25

It's kinda funny to see what I've been playing last 18 months and it's weird how little some have moved. Haven't touched skyrim, my civ has only gone up 35 hours. Finished bastion, la noire and a couple others so those jumped 5-10 hours.

Top Bottom