Bug Reports and Solutions

I just started learning python (I've coded with different languages), but if you need help, let me know. Especially logic, it's my forte :D

Btw, the best solution, I think is just to move it above the if statement I mentioned. That way, it will always work as intended.

Hope I am not pestering you too much :) The water well still has another issue. When a city with water well conquered, the "underground water" feature for the city tile is gone. This time I am not sure how to code it so it stays when the city is conquered. Maybe make it so the well always get destroyed when the city is conquered? :D

One other thing, I am playing Yatenga. I've researched Construction and have stone resource, but for some reason, my workers don't have the option to create paved road. I found out in the file CIV4UnitInfos.xml , the superior worker was missing the tags ability to build paved road. I added the ability in my copy, and it works afterward.

I just started playing as the dark elves and my scouts and archers appear as big red domes on my map. I don't know if other units appear the same way. I like what I saw and look forward to new updates.

That shouldn't be. The Dark Elves should work perfectly fine. The red markers you're getting indicate missing graphics files for these units. There might therefore be something wrong with the installation. Check your installation path (the game should be in Beyond the Sword/Mods and NOT in the MyGames folder), otherwise a complete reinstallation might work as well.

This not a bug per se, but I think it's balance issue.

In every game I play as non-Principality. The Principality always leads the power rating board, and sometimes the scoreboard as well. Most of the time her power rating is always almost twice as much as the next civ. I think it is possible due to the resource rich area of The Principality's starting point. She always manage to be the biggest civ in the known world and stomping the other civs around her. Is this intended? Granted, when I play The Principality, I feel like I can conquer the known world, or even the universe :D.

Yeah. It is intended. The Principality is supposed to be the Great Power in the Known World. I might want to give Namyr, Angleeye and Vestalla the same starting positions to make them similar as well and see what happens.

I once played a game on the Fairy Tale Collective War map as Principality. The collective really had me going and invaded all of my northern areas, and I thought I was doomed. Then those stupid idiots went for my weaker allies the Crystallin and The Elven Federation instead, pushing their superior army way east and got tied up by my allies. They could easily have taken me down, but left all of my south untouched, which, as playing the Principality had me rearmed and on counteroffensive retaiking lost territory in notime. It was a fun game, but I noted the Principality's immense strength.

In case you aren't aware of this yet, in pythonerr.log, there are the following lines:
ERR: Call function getModPath failed. Can't find module Full_of_Resources_3_00.py
ERR: Call function getModPath failed. Can't find module Lows_Random_Maps_3_0.py
ERR: Call function getModPath failed. Can't find module Ring_World.py
ERR: Call function getModPath failed. Can't find module Smart_Map.py
ERR: Call function getModPath failed. Can't find module Full_of_Resources_3_00.py

Those are probably BUG's mapscripts which aren't included in Fairy Tale. The error reports don't break the game or anything though, and only has to do with mapscripts.

I've been playing Vestalla, which I think looks pretty solid. However, there's a bug where Vestallan Knight requires Rocketry :) Looking at the similar units, most other civ's comparable unit has Guilds as requirement. So, I assume it's the same for Vestallan Knight as well?

Edit: Another bug just found (unless if I am missing something obvious). I've discovered "School of Order and Chaos" and have created Magician's Workshop on a Crystal in my territory. However, I am still unable to train Magician in anyway.

Ok, I solved the two issues myself.

1) I changed the prereq for Vestallan Knight to Guilds in CIV4UnitInfos.xml.
2) I removed the following lines from CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml line 1307 from Vestallan's unit list:
Code:
				<Unit>
					<UnitClassType>UNITCLASS_MAGICIAN</UnitClassType>
			        		<UnitType>NONE</UnitType>
				</Unit>

I am suspecting it's probably because the UnitType is NONE, however, I don't know what Type I can put in there, so I simply removed those lines.

Thanks ono-neko; I had Knights set to Guild tech in my original so that wasn't me....same with magician....am looking at tweaking units.

I may have changed the Knight's entry for some reason unintentionally; I think I copied and pasted a vanilla entry and just edited the stats, forgetting some entries.

However, the Magician was supposed to be set to NONE, since I wanted the Vestallan Longbowman (the ranged one), to take the Magician's place in the game for this particular kingdom. The Vestallan Shooter is also set to cost appropriately to fill that function.

They get the later Archmages at least, so from then on they'll be having spells with them as well. As for earlier periods in the game, they aren't carrying spells with their armies though. All civs need do indeed have their own pros and cons and it will make every civ more interesting. The Vestallan Shooter is pretty strong to counter their disadvantage. It will also make the player stack spells inside his cities, making Vestalla a good defensive nation.

I am open to any suggestions in this question though.

Hi guys,

First time poster, long time Civ player. Love Fairy tale and the evolution of this Mod is fantastic!!

i've encountered a bug since updating to the latest version. i've downloaded the last version and patches a couple times (and reinstalled the Mod) but keep getting the following error:

XML error Unit Class_Spell_II in info class was incorrect. Current XML file is: XML\Units\Civ4 unitsinfo.XML

and also for unit Class_Spell_III

Civ crashes completely when i try to launch the Mod.

didn't have any problems with the previous versions and would love to try this latest one :)

Thanks for any help and keep up the good work!!!
:scan:

Thanks, a fresh install did the trick. Thought i'd done that...

Keep up the good work with this Mod. Can't wait to try this last version.
:scan:

Ywaine. Glad you fixed it!

Thank you kindly Ono-Neko, for keeping your eyes sharp and helping out by answering questions on the forum! Your help is very valuable, my friend, and much appreciated! :goodjob:

Top Bottom