August Patch (1.0.1.383) is out!

Interesting, but small patch. The Taj Mahal and Pyramids boosts were unexpected. I rarely build the Pyramids because it's easier to build, buy or steal a worker. Two workers plus a GE point might make me think about it, but still, that's an awful lot of hammers to put into something so early when it all it does is give you stuff you can get elsewhere with less effort. The Taj Mahal is always something I like to build if I can, because if I can time it right to add onto an already existing golden age I can get a lot of stuff built from the additional production during a long golden age.

Although I don't play MP, I'm glad to see they've fixed some problems with it. :)

How aren't people seeing big changes here, especially some that a lot of people have been whining about lately:

To name a few that fix multiplayer A LOT!
And one big change that, to my surprise, hasn't been discussed at all:

I didn't quite get what they meant by this? So we now have 2 separate global happiness'?

No.... there will be a big red angry face with a number next to it depending on how many angry people you have from occupied cities.

I disagree. For starters, since I don't think they're releasing an expansion. However, most importantly, they just released a major patch. They couldn't possibly release another significant patch so soon. Now if they have different DLC in December, then we can figure out whether they want another large patch. I just think it's too soon to decide if they're content.

Agreed. We just had the biggest patch this game has ever seen a month ago, so it's kind of crazy to expect another massive one this soon. I think we'll continue to see more patches (although maybe not one as big as the June/July patch) as long as there's more DLC, with there potentially not being an expansion since it likely would've been announced by now. I think if there was going to be one, there would have at least been substantial rumors about it by now.

The patch was just released on steam. Just few hours before the new dlc is coming out.

Wow. Greg was all coy with us, and here the patch is.

Guess it's time to test out the new and improved Landed Elite.

Patch was just downloaded with about 85 MB size to it :D

The worker from the Pyramids comes when the essentials are already done, or at least should be done. I don't think you would want to build the Pyramids in a town without any terrain improvements, do you?

Yeah that's exactly the problem with them. Presently it is too ineffectual to rush towards masonry straight off and build them. The question is does having 2 workers instead of 1 change that? There's a few scenarios I'm thinking about:

1) If you build no workers at all but just push towards the pyramids you can maybe build them by turn 50 or so. I don't have CiV in front of me ATM but I think it'll be about 25+ to research it and another 25 or so to build it. That seems to long to wait for your first worker so I think that's kind of a dud option.

2) Build 1 worker and then aim towards pyramids. With the worker and chopping and such you can probably shave 10 turns or so off the cost. This will leave you with 3 upgraded workers. If you are planning on a REX this might be a good option depending on your available resources and tech path and such. But did this approach actually save you a lot over just building / buying a worker when you needed it? I feel like I shouldn't go out of my way to get the pyramids... but at the same time if I'm heading that way anyways or have extra bonuses to building them this might be a valid option.

I agree with Martin though. An extra +GE point would've been a better option. Or maybe even a +3:c5production: in the building city permanently or something.

If it is true, that was fast. The notes were released yesterday..Im at work, cant confirm right now.

make up your mind on landed elite already!!

seriously though...most of these are good changes.

- seaports needed that big time
- trade unions, same thing. About time!
- Can save manually in multiplayer....I don't play MP, but from what I gather that was a big complaint.
- Another booost to OCC with landed elite, one of my favorite play styles
- Pyramids is a weird change, but interesting...
- Change to AI use of great generals...this was a pet peeve, hopefully it works.

The patch just downloaded for me as well (85mb ish). Alas a message came up with incomplete blah blah and even a verify of the game files was unable to fix. A complete removal of the game and I'm downloading the lot again now.!

All good stuff :D

Top Bottom