Is there a way to modify/disable turn timer for multiplayer sessions?

Tweety_CZ

Chieftain
Hello everyone,
with Civilization III multiplayer transition to Steamworks me and my friend have started a "Rise of Rome" Conquests scenario, me as Roman, he as Macedonian jointly defending our borders against Carthaginian & Persian invaders. All went well gameplaywise until the reload of saved game. Turn timer went crazy giving almost no time for turns to both of us, effectively rendering game unplayable. It is just humanly impossible to move all your units & manage cities within a bloody minute. Prior the load of saved game (at first play) there had been plenty of time for each turn (setting: turn timer - normal), but after reload initial turn timer setting becomes irrelevant - there is almost no time for turn and it happens with each reload of multiplayer game. With limited options Civ III settings hold out, option to alter or disable turn timer in preferences is nowhere to be seen. What values and where should I overwrite in the game config to fix/disable turn timer or how do I extend time limit to the original duration?

Thank you in advance, you are our last hope!

How could have I overlook that! :hammer2: Sorry and thanks, sir Lancelot! Timer can be adjusted at every load (before launch) but no matter what time limit is chosen, game goes crazy after reload and you have almost no time for turns, so the only solution is to disable it with that "none" option.

One more question, is there a way to modify saved game from Rise of Rome game in order to enable scientific research up to modern times?

The saved game probably not. You would have to modify the scenario (using the editor), before starting a new game. (But better create a copy of that scenario, before you destroy it... ;)) See the Customizing forum.

Top Bottom