Large Scale Mod

I don't know if you've thought about this, but what movement rate do you want to give roads? With the increased Moves, it makes road movement much faster. So I wonder if you might decrease the road movement modifier. That would also help a lot when it comes to slowing down inter-city attacks where two cities are connected by a road.

Making 6 tiles per city actually makes the type of scale your mod is trying to achieve quite difficult to get to and get a good game of civ going. maybe reduce to 4 so the AI can handle it better and expand beyond 2 or 3 cities before you have filled the map. or to solve the problem of the AI building cities right next to yours and other civs maybe try having a minimum distance you can settle a city near another civs borders if its atall possible that is. I found because of the distance there were more barbarians and gave me greater cash flow than i should be having. AI was not as quick at settling new cities as I was, I had taken up alot of the available space before the other 7 civs got past 3 or 4 cities. I really like this mod, will be keeping a keen eye on it :)

Could you make the extra-movement an optional mod?

That's the big reason why I don't touch that mod, otherwise it would great!

On another note could you make the 6 tile limit smaller? I think 4 might work. I find it hard to settle cities on a map and there tends to be vast areas of land that will never have any cities there.

But otherwise I really do prefer the move movement that the units have, it has always been a pet hate of mine.

Ok, due to popular demand, I've increased the density of cities to 1 city per 4 tiles (instead of 1 city per 6 tiles). See how this works out.

I've never tried any mods, but I'm hoping to with this one. Having said that, I agree with the above poster. I really hate seeing a zerg colony while conquering an opposing Civ.

Since the larger maps change is crossed out, I just want to confirm that this mod does not change the size of the map? I wanted a bigger map too, so just want to know if I should get another mod for that, or not.

@dfn: This mod does not change the size of the maps, it simply reduces the number of civs so that all players have space to expand.

Cool, thanks for the quick reply!

I haven't tried the new version of 4 hexes away and still playing on an epic game with the 6, I will say that the rule does not seem to apply to AI civs when settling on small islands within the 6 hex range. I do not know if there is something that distinguishes that it is a separate continent or something that removes the restriction. Just an FYI from my experience on the game I am playing, which has made an enjoyable mod to play. One more thing, I do not think the AI understands that the generation of wealth in cities pays off more than before as they are never doing it when it could benefit them with their minus gold loses per turn.

EDIT: The wealth generation I can recall off hand if it is one of the balance mods you recommended installing as well, as I am playing with the other mods you recommended that go well the LSM

Thanks danknerd. I haven't noticed the distance from islands things but perhaps the game only counts walking distance, no idea :)

As for the wealth, yeah, that's not one of mine so that needs to be modded into the mod that adds this behaviour anyway but the action should be given more weight for sure. In any case, the AI on harder difficulties gets so much bonuses in money and happiness that it doesn't really matter :)

Hah, ow wow. I didn't expect that one :)

I also like the 6 tile limit. That's what orignally made me download your mod.

I like to play Marathon games on Huge maps with domination only victory types and the biggest problem I have is the AI will spam cities like crazy. It becomes quite a chore when you've got to take 30+ cities to wipe out an opponent. Is it possible you could post a seperate mod with only the 6 tile limit? Maybe even another for 7 as well?

Following on Wolf X's question, could you just let us know which file to modify so we can change it ourselves? Btw, this is my favorite mod out now. Thanks for sharing it.

Here's the code you're looking for (with all the other updates cut):

Code:
<GameData>
	<Defines>
		<Update>
			<Where Name="MIN_CITY_RANGE"/>
			<Set Value="6"/>
		</Update>
	</Defines>
</GameData>

It's in the Globals.xml file. Hope that helps...

Can somebody here tell me which command governs how far out your workers can work tiles? It seems that this mod had it out to four rather than three, but then was moved back to three as a result of the "at least four tiles between cities, rather than six" decision.

Thanks!

Can somebody here tell me which command governs how far out your workers can work tiles? It seems that this mod had it out to four rather than three, but then was moved back to three as a result of the "at least four tiles between cities, rather than six" decision.

Thanks!

My best guess is this, in Globals.xml , in mydocuments\mygames\Sidmeier'sciv5\MODS\Larger Scale Mod :

<Where Name="MAXIMUM_BUY_PLOT_DISTANCE"/>
<Set Value="4"/>

Thanks to the authors of this mod, I really like the idea and am just trying it now.

Here's the code you're looking for (with all the other updates cut):

It's in the Globals.xml file. Hope that helps...

Thanks for that, I went and changed it myself. I also incorporated that into the Marathon Rebalance mod that I like and it works perfectly. Thank you!

Top Bottom