End of Empires - N3S III

Sorry.

I know this technically isn't very funny, but I kind of need some time to remember what I was doing. :p

1. Sheon of Táelic u Nuín
2. Sheon of Táelic u Nuín: Beasts
3. Sheon of Táelic u Nuín: Awake
4. Sheon of Táelic u Nuín: Storyman

--

Hold sway over this camped warrior by the shadow of death. Guard Kíern my soul, should pass I into the dark. -Naran warrior prayer to Kíern

--

Sheon of Táelic u Nuín stood watching the walls of Limach. Shifting his weight from one leg to the other, he eyes were tired of watching in the bright midday sun. He had stood watch since dawn first broke, while others milled about in the camp further back, Sheon stood closer to the walls, watching for any signs of activity.

The days had been numerous since they placed the city under siege, but no obvious weakness had yet to be found. With a trade city, Sheon feared that supplies would take forever to run out. He was not interested in spending that much time standing around. He wished something would happen. He had reasons to be home. He had been close to a week away from being done with this common warrior position. That time had already passed. Yet, with the city still standing, he was not allowed home. Once home, he would receive an honorary title and Maírn, granddaughter of the Ónnaran. Sheon knew he would likely get some counseling position and spend most days playing games with the other advisors, and feasting upon cosaét, a spicy, peppered chicken drenched in tóasu; it was a harsh taste for some, but popular in Naran itself.

“Ay!” Sheon was startled awake. Though he was standing, he had been dozing. He looked behind him to see another soldier of Naran walking up. Sheon raised a hand in acknowledgement.

“Been dozin’ on about ‘ere eh?” The man grinned. He carried a small bowl with him. “I might as eatten t’is myself an’ jus’ lef’ ya sleepin’, but I a good fellow, an’ brawt ya ration as told.” He shoved the the bowl into Sheon’s free hand and turned away, walking back to camp.

Sheon didn’t say a word; he only scowled at the back of the man’s head. He turned back towards the walled city and scanned the it for a moment. Nothing notable going on. Sheon looked at his bowl of food, a mash of maize with a slice of cooked onion and one small mussel of some type he didn’t know. Sheon scowled harder, he hated mussels.

need to negotiate with iggles. orders in soon.

Sorry I'm also so slow. Things are kinda busy in my life right now. I'll make sure you'll get orders asap. :)

I'm confident that most major powers will return. The ones I'd worry about would be Kraz, alex and Kal. But the latter two visit frequently enough that they'll probably see this, and Kraz has more or less disappeared off the face of the Earth so I don't have much hope there.

I respect that, but I'd like to get a move on while I'm still inspired about this stuff, rather than let it flatline again. The NPCing of people should be competent enough to avoid major problems.

Epistrophic Conjectures, Talan the Elder [A section of the Talani Fragments]

It would not be wise to call the Redeemers reincarnations of Taleldil. The Redeemers are the Aspect-Manifest. The foreign word 'avatar' approaches and witnesses the truth but is not the truth. The Redeemers are our finest, imperfect tribute to the perhaps-God that is Taleldil. They are the vehicle by which we approach exatas-Taleldil. They are a drop of Taleldil's blood, spread on the earth to ennoble it, to save us and to save himself.

The Redeemers are our civilization, because they are the final product of it. Every feature of the world is centered around the selection of the warrior, of the prince, and finally of the Redeemer. So it could be said that the Redeemers are the ultimate sacrifice of the Satar. We offer the finest son of Taleldil to the world in a challenge. And the fierce opposition of the world consumes him.

For it is a solemn truth, and one not spoken, that the Redeemers are chosen to die. And this again is how we know that the world was not created by one god, but by the fractious fighting of many demi-gods.

We will speak more now on the meaning and power of death and the difference between death and defeat...

---

I have read foolish commentaries that assert that the Gods would be even if there were no men. Let us discount this. Let us even discount the idea of Gods. For there are no gods, and there is no god, but there may be one.

It can be asserted without doubt that there are many peoples who believe in what they call gods. The concept of a deity as expostulated by the Westrons [1] is a being without limit. We could just as easily say that a God is all-powerful.

But the things called gods have shown that they are not all-powerful. By the measure of a man their power might seem to be immense, but why would an all-powerful god allow thousands to be born to worship false spirits? The spirits, even if false, must have power in their own right. Power that contradicts and opposes that of the demi-god.

It bleeds my liver to say that Taleldil is not a God. He is a god-in-potentiality.

And this why our struggle is urgent.

---

[1] Westron - Highly archaic term for Faronun

OOC: Really? Westron?

In other news, I am growing increasingly impatient with the tardiness of certain order sets. Darkening at the least has told me when to expect his; as for other people, I'm not going to wait for you much longer. I'll be starting to update tonight.

I can send orders now if you don't mind some built in flexibility for the outcome of some crucial diplo.

I'm happy you update, but I can't get orders in, sorry. See, I was kinda on my way to an Easter vacation in Croatia when you asked for orders... :( Can't wait to see what happens with the world though. Hope my small nation doesn't completely fall through.

If you want guidelines/ideas (Ie half-arsed last-minute in thread directions that I hope at least somewhat substitute orders), this should be about the time merchants further influence my nation with culture from whatever nation. My priests haven't recorded any history before this point, so that's another turnover that could happen now, that they actually began doing that - they are able to write, see... They've just written legends and myths down before this point.

I can send orders now if you don't mind some built in flexibility for the outcome of some crucial diplo.

That's fine.

I'm happy you update, but I can't get orders in, sorry. See, I was kinda on my way to an Easter vacation in Croatia when you asked for orders... :( Can't wait to see what happens with the world though. Hope my small nation doesn't completely fall through.

If you want guidelines/ideas (Ie half-arsed last-minute in thread directions that I hope at least somewhat substitute orders), this should be about the time merchants further influence my nation with culture from whatever nation. My priests haven't recorded any history before this point, so that's another turnover that could happen now, that they actually began doing that - they are able to write, see... They've just written legends and myths down before this point.

Alright. Thanks for even this much. :)

well yeah, I've been trying to get around to writing orders for few weeks now, but I just can't get the inspiration going anymore. All in all, I think my NESing times are going to finally end, with this one being my last one. I must thank you NK for awesome story and the world you've created here, I've enjoyed every bit of it.

cheers.

Top Bottom