PolyCast Episode 156: "What's the Counterplay?"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
Back to you. The one-hundred-and-fifty-sixth episode of PolyCast, "What's the Counterplay?", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew and "MadDjinn" with returning guest co-hosts Ben "Ozbenno" Collins and "Peng Qi", it has a runtime of 59m59s; listeners are encouraged to follow the show on Twitter, and check out the YouTube channel for caption capability.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 01m07s | Forum Talk
Shedding light on the Peity/Rationalism Social Policy flip-flop in Civilization V's Gods & Kings expansion, followed by: contemplating the benefits of Open Borders agreements (07m32s), improving the game's Diplomatic Victory (13m12s), dealing with the randomness that are Ancient Ruins (27m18s) and how to reward honor in multiplayer matchups (39m48s).
- 50m55s | Research Lab
Taking in the Espionage system G&K introduced to CivV and how it could be expanded or otherwise refined.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
A desire to annoy and subsequently, somehow, link two unlikely elements together.

Recording live before a listening audience every other Saturday, PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy; sibling show RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution, ModCast on Civ modding, SCivCast on Civ social gaming and TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

Is the podcast no longer hosted on iTunes? I've not found it lately and have been listening through my browser.

Is the podcast no longer hosted on iTunes? I've not found it lately and have been listening through my browser.
Unbelievably and annoyingly, Apple has still not re-listed PolyCast on the service. I have not even been able to get a response as to the status of its return after repeated attempts. :( I know that there was an issue for a couple of months with our feed -- my fault for letting it go on as long as it did -- but it's been almost as long now since it was corrected.

Hope you're still enjoying the show!

Top Bottom