Hypothetical Questions for Certain Civ Pairings

Halcyan2

Emperor
Many of these situations are funny or cornercase (especially the mirror matches), but I was wondering:

#1. In a custom game with multiple Byzantiums, what happens if there are no more Founder/Enhancer beliefs left because they were all taken as bonus beliefs by other Byzantiums? Will the game let you proceed in selecting your religion when there are no choices left?

#2. Does Sweden's Nobel Prize UA stack if both civs are Sweden? Sweden #1 and Sweden #2 sign a DoF. Are they each getting +10% (no stacking) or +20% (+10% from each of the civs)?

#3. I'm not quite sure how Portugal's "double value for resource diversity work" and whether it only affects their side of the trade route or both sides. If it's the latter, and two Portugal's trade with each other, how much do they get for resource diversity?

#4. If the Huns are playing against Venice, are there any issues when there are no names left in the city list to steal from?

Those are the main questions.

Some interesting possibilities to consider:

- With multiple Indonesias, the special luxuries become a lot more common

- Multiple Netherlands, should have fun trading luxuries with each other. (Unfortunately, I doubt the AI realizes they really should be trading single copy luxes for other single copy luxes).

- A game full of Assyrias would be funny to watch, especially as technology spreads through conquest. Of course, a player controlled Assyria would probably have a better technology path over the AI's, who would likely choose similar paths.

- Finally, for a truly epic game, you could try a game where each player is Venice. So no city foundings after the initial one. Instead, it is a legendary battle between Merchants of Venice over the fixed number of city states.... :lol:

Hey, I can answer you on Sweden: it doesn't stack, unfortunately. Back at GnK, I was going for a 22-Swedens on a big Pangaea to get 510% great person generation with the right perks, but unfortunately, it didn't stack to 20%.

Also, on Mare Clausum: let's say Lisbon has copper, gems and dyes. The city you want to trade with is... a city state, let's say it is Milan, who has dyes, pearls, crabs and horses. If you were a non-Portuguese player, each different resource between those cities would generate 0.5 gold (copper, gems, pearls, crabs, horses), and thus you'd get 2.5 :c5gold: out of resource diversity. Now, because you are Portugal, you get 5 :c5gold: . This is specially valuable on sea trade routes ;) Now, if you were playing Portugal x Portugal, I think those would not stack, but I could be mistaken.

As for the Huns/Venice question, the Huns would simply get city names from civs that are not in-game, such as "Shangai" or "St. Petersburg". I think it works this way.

To add stuff to your list of cool things:

-as Songhai, capture an Egyptian city with a Burial Tomb. Double gold from River Warlords, triple gold from Burial Tomb = x6 capture gold.

- as Morocco, play a world full of Moroccos. You get +3 :c5gold: +1 :c5culture: for your trade routes and they will give you +2 :c5gold: from their UAs.

For maximum funzies, turn off city states for the all Venezianos game

I checked ages ago what happens, the game becomes stuck.

There's only 9 available Founder/Enhancer beliefs (and the others), and if for some reason each Byzantium takes another Founder as their Bonus you will eventually run out, the game hasn't been designed to prevent that, but then again, unless you go into Multiplayer and do that, chances are low for that to actually happen, pretty sure AI will pick from ANY of the other available pools.

However, I'm not exactly sure if the game become stuck (it propmts you to found a religion but you can't because no beliefs are available) or if the option to Found/Enhance religion simply disappears.

Top Bottom