The AI can just be so... sad

How does Poland manage to go full piety and not get a religion? Did they take something else first?

I noticed that around turn 160 the last religion was gone to someone else, they had tradition 1 and piety 5.

Game was on continents, immortal, i didn't finished it as i was trying to wage war early and it didn't worked well.

I was playing Spain and manage to get 3 rd religion, Ethiopia and Celts were also there.

I thought Poland have Been beaten by someone else to the last religion.

What i am sure of is that the AI go up the piety tree even if they havn't got their religion yet.

In my current game I'm having a 1000 year war with the Japanese. And I'm the underdog :p So I like to go guerilla on him on occasion and pillage all his tile improvements (He's been conquering so much and has a wide empire now).

And he doesn't even bother to repair them ... which is kinda sad. I like free monies.

Last game, poland went full piety, with no religion, how stupid is that ?
Is it really hard to code the policy purchase of the AI so it doesn't take something useless in a given situation ?

Not stupid at all. The only policy in Piety that require you having your own religion is Reformation Beliefs. You can still have every other bonus, gold, cheaper/better temples, two pantheons and most importantly, piety+gold+culture from bought-planted Great Prophet (which he will have MORE than usual religion civs since he don't need to waste his first 2 to create/enhance). And all he is loosing is Founder bonus.

Top Bottom