Units : Animation for new missiles

Dark Sheer

Deity
This is the simplest animation I have done so far. :D Its a request by IceBlaZe. Its the animation files for Harpoon (a missile that is longer than the current one) and PopeyeII (a missile that is thicker than the current one). I have not done any Civilopedia icon for this two missile as I feel they are also some form of Cruise Missile and should just be linked to the Cruise Missile icons (unless IceBlaZe can come up with some picture for them). There are actually two separate zip files inside the zip attachment, Harpoon.zip and PopeyeII.zip. Just create the separate folders and unzip the respective file into each of the folder.

So if you are looking for some varieties for different type of missiles then this is for you. :king:

First version with corrupted Default flc removed after 17 downloads.

Attachments

• popeye&harpoon.zip
    107.8 KB · Views: 1,030
mighty dark sheer :D

thnx :p

There seems to be some merging problem with latest version of Flicster when using Storyboard style pcx. I have posted the question to Moeniir. I will work on a revised version for the Default flc as soon as the problem is solved. :(

I checked the animations using Jasc's animation shop and I didnt see anything wrong :confused:
what is the problem? (I looked at your post in FLICster thread and didnt understand)

I've had a quick look at the problem anims. Definately a delta problem. Notice how the only anims that have a problem are those where the non-transparent object touched the right edge of the bounding box. I had this prob during development, and thought I had it solved. *sigh* Back to the drawing boards.

Darksheer - Test this workaround for me, until I get it patched. Open the FXM for the Storyboard used to create the animation. On the export tab, increase the frame Width by 2 pixels. Then, re-export to Storyboard PCX. You can use a new name or save over the old one. Now open the freshly exported FXM/PCX and export to Civ3UnitFlc again. I believe this will eliminate the problem. Let me know how it goes.

The first post is now updated with the latest version of the Missile flc which works with no residual in the frames thanks to help from Moeniir :goodjob:

hey looks great! good job dark sheer (i think im the first one to download you new version of this one) no problems here ;)

Top Bottom