[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

mrkingkong said:
Misc Questions, Ponderings, Suggestions, general babble:

#1- What happens if you drink the Burning Blood with a Moroi and then kill Orthus? (just wondered if you had considered it)

The axe is lost forever, the same happens if any summoned unit or spell kills orthus. This should be changed in "Shadow" where equipment becomes actual objects.

#2- Are there going to be more "promotions" that are actually items and weapons and whatever? Because i really like this feature and think if you give heroes something valuable like this it will be worthwile killing them (other than to stop them romping you of course!)

Equipment is coming in "Shadow".

#3- Love the magic, basically i would just like more of it!

More is coming.

#4- What do adepts get their random added Exp from? When more mana nodes are discovered?

No, just randon chance depending on a few factors. You can use the editor to adjust it if you have excel (the editor is a spreadsheet in the /Fall from Heaven 2011/ directory).

#5- When does the "You use so-and-so magic" come into effect? Is it the first spell you use, which 1 you have used most, etc??

If you have a death or entropy node those penalties are applied.

#6- To make magic better, maybe if you have 2 Spell Abilities (eg. Death I and Dimenional I) you would get an additional, combined Spell ,using both Death and Dimensional, eg Summon Daemon-Zombies or whatever

We are just trying to get the single slots filled before we delve into multiple sphere (ie: "gold") spells.

#7- Taking one sort of magic means you cant take the opposite of it (eg. if you take Death you cant then choose Life after aswell)

The 3 questions:

1. Will the proposed mechanic make the game more fun? Not really, in fact it may make the game less fun.

2. Will the proposed mechanic help with game balance? Not really, spheres are already balanced because choosing one keeps players from gaining another.

3. Will the proposed mechanic add to game flavor? Yes. But without the above its probably not worth implementing.

That said the tech that allows you to apply the different node improvements will be different for different sorts of mana. So one tech may allow you to build Death, Chaos and Entropy nodes while another allows you to make Life, Law and Nature nodes. Which is a similiar effect to what you are mentioning.

mrkingkong said:
Oh and just read the post above mine- how do you build vampires? I forgot to ask, as i cant seem to build them??

mrkingkong

Only the Calabim can make vampires.

Kael said:
Only the Calabim can make vampires.

I know, i was playing as the Calabim but couldnt seem to build vampires. Perhaps i am missing the unit, but i couldnt find it anywhere in the Civpedia either (not that i searched too extensively, just under V and C). Is there a tech you need?

And to your other answers, great- im looking forward to the next versions already! Youre doing great work! :)

mrkingkong

I just got back from a fishing trip for my brother's b-day. It was great, but I was pining for a pc...just so I could play. I will dload this afternoon, and try to give some feedback.

Just from reading through...I have a question...

The pirate cove...this allows naval transport over a one tile strip between water? Is it buildable only by the pirate civ?

Thanks, and I am looking forward to playing.

I was wondering what units can recieve the gift of vampirism from the vampire unit. I tried it on several macemen but they did not become vampires but it worked on my hero unit, Sphener the vampire angel. Can only my hero units become vampires?
Also, will there be a tech sheet released at some point that shows what units/buildings/abilties each race does or does not have access to? I was playing as the Calabim and I noticed that I could not build druids, high priests, or inquisitioners and I was not sure if that is a civ limitation for them or i was not missing something.

Oh one other thing....Rather than creating a huge civpedia right now...Why don't you just post a Q&A forum/readme/spoiler tag for frequently asked questions...I want you guys working on the next version, not answering questions about nodes and dancing bears all the time. :)

Hi Kael & Team. Very nice mod, congratulations.

Possible bug :

When you summon a fireball with arcane barge it appears with 0 points of movement so I can't use that fireball through land or sea. By the way, why the ships can't enter in the cities?

Sometimes I can gift vampirism to a unit, sometimes I can't, How it works?. The same question to Regeneration spell because i can't use it with vampires to other units.

Burevix said:
I was wondering what units can recieve the gift of vampirism from the vampire unit. I tried it on several macemen but they did not become vampires but it worked on my hero unit, Sphener the vampire angel. Can only my hero units become vampires?

The unit must be alive and be at least 6th level to be made into a vampire. Moroi are an exception and only need to be 4th level to become vampires.

Also, will there be a tech sheet released at some point that shows what units/buildings/abilties each race does or does not have access to? I was playing as the Calabim and I noticed that I could not build druids, high priests, or inquisitioners and I was not sure if that is a civ limitation for them or i was not missing something.

At some point yes, since that is in a lot of flux right now there isnt much point in documenting it. The Calabim can't build War Elephants, Arquebus's, Druids and Cannons.

No one can build Mages, Conjurers, Archmages, Immortals, High Priests or Inquisitors. Instead units that meet a level requirement must be upgraded into those roles. So the Calabim (or anyone) cant build a high priest, but they can upgrade a level 6 or higher priest to be a high priest.

Starship said:
Oh one other thing....Rather than creating a huge civpedia right now...Why don't you just post a Q&A forum/readme/spoiler tag for frequently asked questions...I want you guys working on the next version, not answering questions about nodes and dancing bears all the time. :)

Id love a community member to volumteer to keep and update a Q&A thread in the FfH forum. Anyone willing?

Caleb_kreegan said:
Hi Kael & Team. Very nice mod, congratulations.

Possible bug :

When you summon a fireball with arcane barge it appears with 0 points of movement so I can't use that fireball through land or sea. By the way, why the ships can't enter in the cities?

Sometimes I can gift vampirism to a unit, sometimes I can't, How it works?. The same question to Regeneration spell because i can't use it with vampires to other units.

Those bugs (ships cant enter cities, arcane barge fireballs start with 0 movement, regeneration cant be cast) are fixed in the latest patch.

Kael said:
Id love a community member to volumteer to keep and update a Q&A thread in the FfH forum. Anyone willing?

Did you see my blurb about Mana/nodes in the Writing Submission section?

It would be nice to be able to build lumbermills in ancient forests.

In my last game I found myself often building a mine on a hill (to destroy an ancient forest), casting bloom with a priest of leaves, and building a lumbermill during the period of time that the hill was forested, but not ancient forested.

mindlar said:
It would be nice to be able to build lumbermills in ancient forests.

In my last game I found myself often building a mine on a hill (to destroy an ancient forest), casting bloom with a priest of leaves, and building a lumbermill during the period of time that the hill was forested, but not ancient forested.

Bah! ;)

I must be in the minority here, but the whole idea of an Ancient Forest is that they need to be left alone. I think they give plenty of bonuses so that preservation is encouraged. As an Elven Religion why would you log or deforest? Sacreligeous!

Kael and his friends,

Last day i tested "Bannor Civ" and the religion "Fellowship of the Leaves". Both are great.:goodjob:
BUT:
a) Old Forests with their bonus of +1 food give are VERY powerful help to the growth of the city. Some of my cities reach 13 to 17 pop very quickly...
b) Enforcers are also very useful and good units at the beginning of the game. The +45% def makes Orcs attacks a boring but not dangerous fact. But you loose this when you promote your unit to the next step... For my own, i would better saw the promotion "City garrison". It would be nearly the same (+40% to def) and you would still have it when the unit reach the next step...
c) I also built the Pack of the Nilhorn. Very, very fun....:goodjob:
d) Last point. I play on Noble level, Terra like map on a temperate world. I always use aggressive AI and raging Barb. (Many barb = many xp ;) ). AI civs always built their cities slowly and garrisoned them poorly: 1-2 scouts or 1-2 warrior like units. AI weekness or inappropriate difficulty ?

As an old player of classical RPG and wargames, i feel happy to find in this mod the same pleasure. Is this "world" a creation of your own or an existing one (novel, RPG or other) ? If you create it by yourselves, your brains must be severely damaged ...;) ;) ;)

The Frog.

Hian the Frog said:
As an old player of classical RPG and wargames, i feel happy to find in this mod the same pleasure. Is this "world" a creation of your own or an existing one (novel, RPG or other) ? If you create it by yourselves, your brains must be severely damaged ...;) ;) ;)

The Frog.

The mod is based on the D&D game I ran for many many years. I stole lots of ideas from other sources but it had a lot to do with the leaders of the various countries and their responce to the armageddon spells that were being cast so it translated well into a Civ4 mod.

Even if the players weren't involved in them they were mostly aware of the large military actions that were going on in the world. Countries at war, leaders betraying each other. The players would recognize and be able to tell you stories about most of the leaders and heroes that are in the mod.

I'm sort of confused on the spell upgrade system. I was using the Octupus Overload Hero Hemuh, got him to level 7, but I wasn't able to take the Fire III promotion. Why not?

Kael said:
I could do that, especialy giving answers to older questions about FfH, but there are still things I don't know. For example, if caster has combat promotions, it will make his summons stronger (They start with same combat promotions) But will other spells, such as Pillar of Fire and Contagion also be more powerful?

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Kael. I've just opended a FAQ thread in the FfHII forum. I will start posting Q&A's this evening, from the first 15 pages. I will udate it as well as we go along, and questions are asked and answered. I've also asked in bold on the first post for people not to post in this thread, as I will take the best questions from all FfHII forums, along with answers, and post them here.

I'm also going to try to contribute to the writing/ideas areas as well. As this is something I can do.

Hopefully down the line I can help with scenarios as well?

Top Bottom