Fall from Heaven 2 mod?

promethean_beta

Chieftain
The screenshots for this mod look pretty awesome, so I had to try it out.
So my Mac Pro arrived, and I was able to use the mod's .exe installer with the latest release of Darwine.
Of course when I try to run the mod, I get several error pop-ups and CIV4 quits.
Any hope?

Attachments

• one.png
    one.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 132
  • two.png
    two.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 99
  • three.png
    three.png
    28.8 KB · Views: 125
  • four.png
    four.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 92
There will no doubt be a bunch of XML errors due to accented characters - the Mac version can't handle them. They can be eliminated by "zapping gremlins" using BBEdit, or some equivalent program.

The mod may also use Dr Elmer Jiggle's CvPath.py module, or a derivative of it, which provides the folder paths on the system for the rest of the mod. Unfortunately CvPath.py assumes it's running in Windows, and so fails to get the data it needs on a Mac as there's no Registry. That's fixable by using the cross-platform version of CvPath.py that I posted elsewhere. Other file paths in the mod may also be calculated wrongly if the modder assumed it was running on Windows (back slashes instead of forward ones).

The third one, and this could be a show-stopper, is that I believe FfH uses a custom DLL created using the Windows SDK. That simply will not run on the Mac version of Civ4 until (a) we get a Civ4 SDK (software development kit) for OS X and (b) the FfH dll source code is then ported to OS X.

Top Bottom