What are your favorite and most least favorite civ traits?

Which traits do you like and hate the most.

• Commercial/Favorite

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Agricultural/Favorite

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Expansionist/Favorite

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Militaristic/Favorite

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Seafaring/Favorite

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Scientific/Favorite

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Religious/Favorite

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Industrious/Favorite

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Commercial/Least Favorite

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Agricultural/Least Favorite

• Expansionist/Least Favorite

Votes: 19 47.5%
  • Militaristic/Least Favorite

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Seafaring/Least Favorite

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Scientific/Least Favorite

• Religious/Least Favorite

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Industrious/Least Favorite

• I like them all

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • I can live with any trait combo

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters

Xanikk999

History junkie
I absolutely love religious, scientific, and agricultural. Its hard to choose which one is better but i guess id say agricultural. Agricultural helps with the early game settler rush.

I abhore seafaring and expansionist the most. Neither make a difference for me and expansionist is COMPLETELY non functional after the ancient ages.

Favourite - Industrious, Agricultural, Seafaring (I play alot of Arch/Cont maps)

Least Favourite - Commercial

Polls up! You can vote now.

I like Scientific, Agricultural, and Militaristic. Science 'cause I always focus on research, Agricultural when I've got a map with lots of land, and Militaristic because... it's just the way I am.

I back away from Commerical and Expansionistic. The former because I never fully max out my tax, and the latter because it bars a trait I'd rather use.

azzaman333 said:
I'll use any traits.

I still say the portugeuese get the short end of the stick.

BAD UU, bad two traits. Seafaring and expansionist? Who are they kidding theres no synergy and if one is mildly useful the otherone is useless! It may make your UU useless also.

Xanikk999 said:
I still say the portugeuese get the short end of the stick.

BAD UU, bad two traits. Seafaring and expansionist? Who are they kidding theres no synergy and if one is mildly useful the otherone is useless! It may make your UU useless also.

Agreed, but even they have their niche. Large/Huge 80% Continents is the best for Portugal's traits.

Favorite: commercial, industrious and scientific.
Least favorite: expansionist and religious.

* agricultural is too powerful so it's left out.

Thorvald of Lym said:
I back away from Commerical and Expansionistic. The former because I never fully max out my tax, a

You must be misunderstanding the game mechanics.
The commercial trait increases your civ commerce. Its raw commerce, (more commerce in city center) and its netto commerce (less corruption)

Commerce is later (after corruption is applied) split into SCI, TAX, and LUX according to how you use your sliders. So if you max out your science, more commerce will mean more science.

So your argument makes no sense.

Militaristic/Expansionist is my fav, because it often allows for quick, early wars

Inadvertently picked Agri for both. For the record, I love agri, don't dislike it.

Favorite:
Agricultural: Food bonus, and makes playing dry worlds easier.
Religious: for RnR, where there's a hundred different governments, and I hate anarchy late game.
Industrious: Nuff said.

Least Favorite:
Militaristic: Just can't seem to work with this trait. Can't see it's use, other than cheaper barracks. Sure, easier promotions are nice, but I get all the leaders I need.
Seafaring: I'm not comfortable with this trait, but I can play it.
Commercial: Again, not comfortable with this trait, but I can play it. I've been forcing myself to pick Comm civs lately, in order to better understand it, and remove my dislike for it.

Favorites: agricultural and commercial. Least favorite expansionist (because at the levels I'm trying to master goody huts advance the AIs beyond what I can cope with, so for now I turn barbs off).

MAS said:
So if you max out your science, more commerce will mean more science.

Methinks I need a dunce cap. :suicide:

Like: Industrious, because I'm impatient. Agricultural is nice too in that respect.

Hate: Seafaring, because I usually don't bother with a navy until very late in the game, if at all.

(Edit: Unless of course I'm playing as the Vikings...)

Agricultural, commercial, and industrious are my favorite traits simply because they're the most powerful. Agri allows faster growth, industrious faster terrain improvement, and comm results in substantially lower corruption and waste, thus allowing you to build a larger core. I didn't pick any traits as my least favorite because they all have their uses; it's just that for most games, none of the other traits is as powerful or versatile as those three.

Favouright: Commercial
Wyh?: Because I like that small increase in commerce and that slight decrease in corruption.

Least Favouright: Militaristic
Why?: I just find that I never seem to use it. Barracks are cheap, anyway, and the only real use I see for them is leader-generating.

My favorite is commercial, because on principle I hate it when my sleazy, no-good public servants steal from my treasury. I'll take any help I can get against corruption, no matter how small.

Also, Seafaring is a trait that I like but forgot to mention.

Interesting is tha Seafaring, in combo with Expansionist, (Portugal) which is a weak trait IMO, can make a pretty good trait combination!

Top Bottom