To those with d3dx9_32.dll problems

Whoo! This problem has been bugging me for weeks. Thanks guys! Keep up the good work!

ii have the same problem

error loading shading libraries

This was only a partial fix for me: it solved the first problem of the missing dll file, but then the game startup hangs on the init "Error loading shading libraries"

(I'm running windows XP professional x64 Edition, licensed. Previous attempts to upgrade Direct X both via web validated download and manual download failed due to error: "Sofware failed Windows logo testing." The upgrade claimed to be x64 compatible.)

I'd appreciate any suggestions...

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you.

First link worked for me, on WinXPpro 32-bit.

I run Windows ME and have the problem that the later version of this file does not support ME and tells me to upgrade my operation system.

I copied d3dx9_31.dll twice, renaming the copies to d3dx9_32.dll and d3dx9_33.dll and it no longer gives the error. I can't report if the game works as a result of this as it has now decided that the DVD I have just installed from is not the right one to run the game.....

Just for the record about those directX dll problems:
I'm using Windows Vista and I've installed the Dx9.0c files as requested and applied the patch. When I first ran the game, the only part that I could access was the main menus. Everytime I wanted to start the game (right before Leonard Nimoy starts to speak the intro) it crashed back to the desktop. I did not find the solution right away because I'm used to use the hibernation/sleep feature of Windows. What my computer needed was actually a REAL reboot. And then it worked like a charm ! I hope this will help others. :wavey:

It took two days from me to get it right, but now it's working. It worked before but after update of civ4 it doesn't work without new directx puplished december 2006.

i had the d3... problem and got the dowload, but now my computer gives a civilization encountered an unexpected problem error after it loads, any suggestions?

The link at the top worked. I was ready to tear my hair out after 1.74 was installed and I could not get the game to work.

Try searching for d3dx9_ on your hard drive you should get a list of dll-files.
Take the one with the highest number in it like d3dx9_31.dll and make a copy of it in the same directory it is in. Then rename it to d3dx9_32.dll.
Then try to run the game. You use an older version of directx but i don't think that is a problem.
Let us know if it works

Tried that with #26 which was in the CIV folder. Didn't work, game crashed.
Copied #28 from another game. WORKED!! :goodjob:

ok... i guess you can say i'm a total and complete noob because i still don't know what to do to fix this problem.

after downloading the 1.74 patch i get the error "d3dx9_32.dll not found." i run windows xp.

please tell me how to fix this. :(

I downloaded d3dx9_31.dll

Then renamed it as d3dx9_32.dll and put a copy in the Civ folder, as well as the system32 folder.

That worked for me.

Late.

i just tried that but instead i downloaded d3dx9_32.dll. i no longer get that error which is great. thanks.

but now i have a different problem. half way through loading an error pops up saying "Error loading Shader libraries." what's that all about?

I just want to let people know I had the dll error message after installing patch 1.74 and used "OnABeerRun"s solution (#15) and it worked for me.
I then had a separate "Shader Library" init error and downloading the DirectX from the microsoft site linked at "DrewTate"s post #1 worked for that.
I am running Windows XP Pro.

Thank you now I don't have to reinstall!

Top Bottom