What will be your favorite civ?

I'm still learning all the bonuses, but if I remember correctly, Japan gets a +1 gold for water tiles, that's not too shabby.

Guys.... India.

Access to every resource from the start's gonna mean mad production/science/food early, and then they get cheap courthouses industrial, meaning their huge cities can now expand even more. I cant wait.

One thing about India... although they Get the resource bonus without any tech, the Size of the bonus depends on the Era ( max bonus= Era +1)

So even though Whales give 4 extra food, if India puts their capital next to a Whale they only get +2 food in the Ancient Era (+3 Mideval, +4 Industrial, +4 Modern... since it is listed as +4)

(not a severe limitation, but something to be aware of)

France is the one I am going to start out with. Imagine all that culture at the beginning, then all that military bonuses in the late game.
Vive la France

Hahahahahah :lol: I wish I was French too (referring to your sig, sorry!)

France didn't look that good to me. Am I bad at this game without even playing it yet??? :lol:

Once i get the game im going to play the as america and good old Abe.

All the civs are really cool. Once I've played them all I'll probably end up going random. The only one I'm not too keen on is Spain and thats because finding a landmark seems a bit hit or miss.

I'd say Spain. Getting Navigation at turn 1, you'll want to get that galleon out and spam cities all over the islands and have them focus on science. Plus you can look for Atlantis very early on and time grabbing it. Huge!

Every civ now is fun to play with. This is one of the things that make this game great, I want to play with every single civ. You just need to find one that fits you game style and then knowing the bonuses and you go to go!

As an Englishman i'm going to bias towards us, but starting with monarchy is brilliant for early culture and great people.

I also like the Aztecs for healing units and the Russians because they have T-34s and loyalty for defence units.

Aztecs for me are the best. The healing after battle is class and the temples in the middle ages just pushes it top.

Aztecs for me are the best. The healing after battle is class and the temples in the middle ages just pushes it top.

Good heavens yes! My last game I went for a Domination victory, and I chose to play as Aztec. In the ancient era in particular, I had hordes of Aztec armies terrorising everything the came across. The fact they heal after a victory means they just keep going and going and going, relentlessly, never having to rest up.

I think the only thing that gave them much of a challenge in that particular game (which was, it must be admitted, at an easy difficulty level) were the Hoplite armies of Greece.

I've been kicking ass with greeks in multiplayer, nothing like watching the early rushers slam warrior armies into wall upon wall of veteran hopolites, then flipping all their cities with culture.

Tip, using a great person to flip a city, DOES count towards your culture victory. Didn't know that until today.

Wonder why the unique unit for the Romans is a Cataphract. The unique unit should be a Roman Legion/Legionary.

See avatar.

I've been kicking ass with greeks in multiplayer, nothing like watching the early rushers slam warrior armies into wall upon wall of veteran hopolites, then flipping all their cities with culture.

Tip, using a great person to flip a city, DOES count towards your culture victory. Didn't know that until today.

Hoplite armies. :cry:

On a recent go at a Domination victory I hit Greece before I had Catapults. My guys broke like waves across Hoplite armies; didn't win a single fight against them. In the end, I sieged all their cities until I had Catapult armies ready. Yeah, they got theirs, in the fullness of time :nuke:

Wonder why the unique unit for the Romans is a Cataphract. The unique unit should be a Roman Legion/Legionary.

See avatar.

I missed my Pretorians.

Top Bottom