Ice Caps

Im_An_Eejit

Chieftain
Can you fly over them, as in go over them in a plane and appear at the bottom of the map. Sorry for two threads at once but i would like to know. (The Manual says that aircraft units are the only units that can pass over ice caps.)

I do not understand you question, I think you just answered it.

Maybe Ice cap refers to a mountainous terrain tile. Land units can't pass over these. Was it in a section describing just the Ice Cap terrain type? If so it probably says the same in the section describing the Mountain terrain type.

no it says mountains and ice caps are only passable by air units. I really should go find it and quote them. But i found that aircraft units can fly roughly one tile over the icecaps. But i thought it meant all over the ice caps as in that you could fly round' the world. Probly me just being an idiot lol so nvm.

Yeah, When I said "Maybe Ice cap refers to a mountainous terrain tile" I meant the mountainous ice tile not the normal mountain, lol. It will mean that only air units can cross those two tiles :goodjob:

lol just played a map where there was an ice flow tile ( actually about 3 or 4 clumped together) seperated from the north pole. N' you can fly over it. So i s'pose it was talking bout' them to.

you definitely can't fly over the top and end up on the bottom...that's not the same ice cap...one is north, the other is south. The only way to do that is if the world is a toroid.

Top Bottom