How to Fix Memory Bad Allocation???

I don`t quite get it.

I have a system with 4 GB RAM, running Win 8 32 bit.
Would I benefit from a switch to 64 bit?

Yes, then you could use all of your 4 GB of RAM. 32 bit OSes don't use more than 3.3 GB of RAM. It's just the way they are.

currently ive got 8gb of ram

civ4 runs into maf when its 1,5gb of ram big and to the next turn goes up to 2,3 and then crashes

woudl additional 16gb of ram helps?

No, it would be a waste of money.

BTS is large address aware, meaning that it can theoretically address up to 4 GB, though it really cant use all of that for some reason. I've never had BTS go above 2.5 GB on a huge map, but I've also never had a MAF error.

I read somewhere that a graphics card with low memory can cause MAFs in graphic intensive games, but I don't know how true that is, and I don't remember where I read it.

There is a four GB switch program that may help. Search the forums for MAF errors and you'll find it. Otherwise, you're stuck with playing smaller maps...

I know this is maybe a repost but I'll try anyway:
Windows 7 ultimate on a pc. Ge force 450 gts. 4 gb ram.
I got a bad allocation error while playing Bts, Realism invictus mod 3.25. The game is patched 3.19.
I tried to type bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 3072 command, but it didn't work, and if before I was able to load saved games, now it crushes while loading saved games. The error is called Runtime error. I'm able to run a new game, after a dozen of turn it comes the MAF. Thank you in advance.

Try re-installing Civ 4 as per my thread at the top of the forum.

Top Bottom