Misheard quotes!

when you meet dido she says something like
- Anuk hashav diber lo yadai -
which sounds like she speaks hebrew saying
- Anuk thought i knew nothing -
:)

"Attila thought I knew nothing, but I knew he planned to conquer me, so I concocted the greatest backstabby plan with Darius to take him down for good when he was weakest..."

when you meet dido she says something like
- Anuk hashav diber lo yadai -
which sounds like she speaks hebrew saying
- Anuk thought i knew nothing -
:)

The language she speaks (Phoenician) is actually very closely related to Hebrew.

Or at least somewhat related.

...I think :mischief:

Askia's COME ON! (Think it was Komo or something).
I've misheard a lot but I can't remember anything of it.

EDIT : Ah remembered one. When you enter the trade screen with Genghis he says : Yo Ho !

Slightly off-topic, but I heard the Mayan guy, Pacal, for the first time yesterday- and the rather oddly paced, herky-jerky sound of his speech made me wonder, how did they find someone to give a 'realistic' rendition of the verbal mayan language, since the civilization had been dead and gone for hundreds of years before the spaniards ever came along in that part of the world? It almost sounded like they just got some archaeologist to read it while making a best guess of what it may have sounded like.

Actually, the Mayans are still around today. They just abandoned all their major cities centuries ago, and live in small villages in the jungle. The game developers could easily have found an actual Mayan to say the lines.

Ghenghis' line is "Be sausage man."

I don't know how you all missed that. It is clear he is talking about you because he constantly says "Yooou."

But to remind you you have a choice, he always adds "Or a train." Remember that one, kids. You can be sausage man, or you can be a train. Not both.

Theodora, on the other hand, is very happy to see you but thinks you are the mailman. (She must be waiting on some really great eBay shipments.)

Maria Theresa's sense of humor goes places I would never touch. She is always boasting of her "fat fart." I politely cringe.

I swear when you contact Sulieman he yells his own name

I thought this, too. It reminds me of a Pokemon or something:

"Charizard!"

"Pikachu!"

"Suleiman!"

It could be a coincidence, but if he in fact is just loudly stating his name, I think the content people could have worked a little harder on Suleiman. I mean, it's a little more understandable for leaders who were added as DLC to be a bit more slap-dash in presentation. But Suleiman has been there since day 1... no excuse!

Whenever I kill Alexander's spy and he apologizes, it sounds like he says, "My P@#$y!"

Was his cat actually the spy you killed, or is he secretly a female :lol:

I also hear Suleiman, and he sounds so joyous saying it.

Sounds to me like Darius says 'young traveler'

I have a theory: Attila doesn't actually have a language.

He literally speaks gibberish. His palace attendants are just too horrified to do anything about it.

"ArghblargharghrarrrgATTILA."

"What'd he say?"

"He's saying hello. I think."

Actually, the Mayans are still around today. They just abandoned all their major cities centuries ago, and live in small villages in the jungle. The game developers could easily have found an actual Mayan to say the lines.

Mel Gibson didn't seem to have problems finding native speakers....

Edit: The devs didn't handle the voice work, they just wrote the scripts. They contracted with a Canadian company to go find and hire voice actors that speak the different languages.

I have a theory: Attila doesn't actually have a language.

He literally speaks gibberish. His palace attendants are just too horrified to do anything about it.

"ArghblargharghrarrrgATTILA."

"What'd he say?"

"He's saying hello. I think."
I'm not sure if you knew this or not but it's funny if you didn't: Attila speaks, by all accounts, some horrendously broken Chuvash. It was so bad that Chuvash speakers didn't recognise it at first and lots of people were convinced it was pure gibberish.

The language she speaks (Phoenician) is actually very closely related to Hebrew.

Or at least somewhat related.

...I think :mischief:
Qarthadastei was a Semitic language, like Hebrew, yes.

also darius, when you go talk to him, he says : ""Yom tov lah""
which means - good day to you (addressing a woman) in hebrew

I'm not sure if you knew this or not but it's funny if you didn't: Attila speaks, by all accounts, some horrendously broken Chuvash. It was so bad that Chuvash speakers didn't recognise it at first and lots of people were convinced it was pure gibberish.

interesting. where did you knew it from?

Why does Suleiman keep saying "delirium" every time I try to set up a deal?

The other day when I contacted Boudicca, I could have sworn she said, "Welllll?" in an exasperated tone of voice and for a moment I thought she was about to launch into Valspeak or something..

When I made my trade offer, she started rambling on with a cadence that also sounded soCal, before the celtic burr kicked in.

Also was going to comment on that funny thing she does where she dramatically waves her sword around. It reminds me a lot of the Sims!

-Elgalad

"Wee sausage man!" is the best of them. I also accidentally heard "Quid vis!" as "Squid wees!" from Augustus Caesar the first time as well as "I a Mario".

This isn't exactly a misheard quote, but try this: watch Sejong's Declaration of War and, when he gestures at his lap at about 0:08, imagine he's gesturing at a dinner plate instead of a book and he's DoWing you because you screwed his order up. Now try to un-see it. You're welcome.

Top Bottom