Sejong question

Cromagnus

Deity
"You receive a tech boost each time a scientific building/Wonder is built in the Korean capital."

Does this include any Wonder which gives GS points? Or just the ones that give free tech and +science.

The ones that give you extra science

having played korea till the end of tech tree. I can confirm GL, national college and Oxford uni all gave me a bonus, hubble and PT did not.

Yes, this. The ones I can think of are Great Library, Porcelain Tower, and Hubble.

Always nice to see a reply but why do so many people post completely wrong statements? Porcelain and Hubble don't count.

Korea gets a bonus for library, national college, public school, research facility and oxford.
The only world wonder that counts is the Great Library although I think it's because of the free library. Don't quote me on this though.

Always nice to see a reply but why do so many people post completely wrong statements? Porcelain and Hubble don't count.

Korea gets a bonus for library, national college, public school, research facility and oxford.
The only world wonder that counts is the Great Library although I think it's because of the free library. Don't quote me on this though.

Porcelain and Hubble don't count? Oops. My bad. You have to admit that would make sense, though. I'll have to remember that for my current Korea game...

Well, I am going to quote you on this :)

Anyway to ascertain what the correct answer is- we seem to have a lot of different opinions. (I play as Sejong most of the time and didn't think it was restricted to just the Great Library).

If Real Huhn is correct the only wonder that counts is the Great Library because it gives the builder a free library. I don't think that can be correct because of the wording:

"You receive a tech boost each time a scientific building/Wonder is built in the Korean capital."

Why would they need to include "Wonder" in the phrase if you are getting the bonus due to the library?

In fact my question would be "Do you get a scientific bonus from the "free" library when you build the Great Library?" You haven't actually built a library, you have built a wonder that provides a free library. If you do get a double bonus, it is worthwhile in the capital.

This question has already been asked and answered in this thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=11771166#post11771166

Also, doesn't The Great Library actually produces +3:c5science: science on it's own? If so, I think that is why it gets the bonus (and I would assume, though I do not know, that you get the equivalent of two bonuses if you complete The Great Library without already having a library in the capital (one for the library and one for the wonder.))

my guess is because oxford is a national wonder

I don't think you followed my question- may have been the phrasing. I was asking why the terminology would need to refer to getting a tech boost from a wonder when in fact it is from the library that you get with wonder. It could easily make sense without the word "wonder" being there.

Thanks I_qua_I

I don't think you followed my question- may have been the phrasing. I was asking why the terminology would need to refer to getting a tech boost from a wonder when in fact it is from the library that you get with wonder. It could easily make sense without the word "wonder" being there.

Thanks I_qua_I

national wonders still count as wonders. you would get a boost from nc and oxford hence the inclusion of 'wonder'

Actually, the GL gives you a bonus even if you already have a Library in the city. You can get the bonus science boost from both the Library and the Great Library.

I'm not sure if simply building the Great Library will give 2x bonuses (one for the Library). I'll have to test this.

Posted in the other thread:

* Wonders that trigger this bonus include the Great Library, National College and Oxford University—not the Porcelain Tower. Buildings that trigger this bonus include the Library, University, Observatory, Public School and Research Lab. The Great Library's free Library does grant a second science boost, assuming a Library isn't already present in the Capital. These science boosts are identical to completing a Research Agreement, and so are affected by the Porcelain Tower and the Scientific Revolution Policy.

Well, I am going to quote you on this :)

Anyway to ascertain what the correct answer is- we seem to have a lot of different opinions. (I play as Sejong most of the time and didn't think it was restricted to just the Great Library).

If Real Huhn is correct the only wonder that counts is the Great Library because it gives the builder a free library. I don't think that can be correct because of the wording:

Why would they need to include "Wonder" in the phrase if you are getting the bonus due to the library?

In fact my question would be "Do you get a scientific bonus from the "free" library when you build the Great Library?" You haven't actually built a library, you have built a wonder that provides a free library. If you do get a double bonus, it is worthwhile in the capital.

I built a Library instead of GL in the capital in my last Korea game, and the boost was the same as for building GL, not a double bonus. I haven't checked whether you get the bonus twice if you build a library and then the GL.

Posted in the other thread:

* Wonders that trigger this bonus include the Great Library, National College and Oxford University—not the Porcelain Tower. Buildings that trigger this bonus include the Library, University, Observatory, Public School and Research Lab. The Great Library's free Library does grant a second science boost, assuming a Library isn't already present in the Capital. These science boosts are identical to completing a Research Agreement, and so are affected by the Porcelain Tower and the Scientific Revolution Policy.

Good to know.

PT before Observatory > School > Oxford > Research Lab etc.

Scientific Revolution ASAP.

Top Bottom