Something I've always wanted to see in Civ

VladTepes

Clown Prince of Wallachia
Limited strike ability. Launching a punitive strike (like a bomber or missile) short of actual war as retaliation for certain actions (espionage, attack on a friendly CS, others?). There should also be "incidents" ("Bay of Mombasa" anyone? "The Florence Missile Crisis?" "The Ormuz Airlift?") that occur between you and other players with whom you don't have the best of relations - an in-game "Cold War" of sorts between Order, Autocracy and Freedom civs. When you enter the modern era there should be a time-sensitive "counter" that allows you and other players a limited strike without full war.

This sort of thing would probably be best represented through city-states? Imagine if you could get one of your city-states to declare war (without you being directly involved in it) while you supply it units. Proxy war ahoy!

Seriously if there's another expansion city-states would be a great place to put their focus, there's sooo much more they can do with that mechanic.

I don't things should be able to escelate more than having an unwelcome unit in another Civ's borders, destroying an improvement or maybe kidnapping a worker, such actions would probably warrant an auto-denounce, a negative effect on global relations, unhappiness or return of said worker.

EDIT: Shouldn't this be in Ideas and Suggestions?

This sort of thing would probably be best represented through city-states? Imagine if you could get one of your city-states to declare war (without you being directly involved in it) while you supply it units. Proxy war ahoy!

Seriously if there's another expansion city-states would be a great place to put their focus, there's sooo much more they can do with that mechanic.

This

I was excited when I first started playing Civ 5 and had a friend who also plays explain to me that with city states and what not you could have actually cold wars. But I was always kind of disappointed cause its never really felt that way.

Top Bottom