When you're host of Congress...and have the most votes

asura_

Chieftain
Do you abuse your power and propose only things that are good for you no matter the diplomatic consequences, or do you try to appease your neighbors and propose something that might not be in your best interests?

I like to propose World Fair, World Ideology and World Religion based on what I have selected. If I have the power to have all CS as allies and I've founded the Congress that usually means that I'm in a strong position military-wise and technology wise so any conflict can be neglected at this point. :lol:

If you're the host of the World Congress, you're Enrico after bribing every city-state in the known universe with your 500 GPT.

Whenever I'm the host, I propose proposals that benefit me. So for example, If I was at war with a certain civilization, then I would propose an embargo towards that civilization or if I had nothing else to build in my cities then I would propose a world's fair, international games proposal type etc..
I also try to help out the ai and other civilizations sometimes when I'm far ahead especially when I have too many spies stealing my technologies by proposing proposals such as science funding or scholars in residence. Some civilizations get angry when some proposals get proposed so I often also try to not propose a proposal that would get other civilizations angry at me.

Whenever I'm the host, I propose proposals that benefit me. So for example, If I was at war with a certain civilization, then I would propose an embargo towards that civilization.

That is a funny thing because I did the same and when the time came to actually vote on this proposal Mayan civilization was already destroyed by me.. lol

Even you have have the votes to do so, you only want to propose World Religion if you both have a strong army and also don't care about trade deals any more since it will make all AIs that founded a religion really mad at you.

None of the AIs will hate you for proposing Worlds Fair (or any of the world projects), some will like it.

World Ideology will cause the AIs with the same one to love you and the ones with a different ideology to hate you. But relationships with AIs following differnet ideologies tend to fall apart at this point of the game anyway.

Even you have have the votes to do so, you only want to propose World Religion if you both have a strong army and also don't care about trade deals any more since it will make all AIs that founded a religion really mad at you.

None of the AIs will hate you for proposing Worlds Fair (or any of the world projects), some will like it.

World Ideology will cause the AIs with the same one to love you and the ones with a different ideology to hate you. But relationships with AIs following differnet ideologies tend to fall apart at this point of the game anyway.

Going for the world ideology is almost a necessity, as you don't want to roll the dice and have your people latch onto another one and have to choose between the 20 unhappiness hit, or losing two of your valuable policies.

If you have the highest culture you don't get any unhappiness because of Ideology, instead everyone else does (I think)

The unhappiness is generated if the other civ with another ideology is more influential than you. for example, you're exotic culturally with them, but their culture is familiar to you. The greater the difference between influential level, the greater the unhappiness generated.

Going for diplomatic win, it might be crucial to get both world religion and ideology for more delegates once you can vote a world leader. Other AIs will not like it so you gotta balance diplomatic relationships elsewhere such as spend some delegates to help their proposal or alternatively propose things like world fair that other AIs tend to like. Many times there will be a lot of Civs liking Art Funding, but you yourself doesn't want it - in this case if there's nothing important to propose, I'll propose Art Funding then down vote it myself when the session come (if you're certain you have enough delegates)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom