Build cathedral/pagodas first or build send missionaries/GP?

With the bonus belief I had both religious texts AND itinerant preachers.

I really want to try that again. I have not since maybe King. It is a crazy powerful combination.

I had the whole continent converted to my religion when Isabella showed up. It didn't take long before all I had left of my religion was my own capital. I cannot imagine how I could have been producing more faith or had better wonders and yet she just spammed a never ending stream of prophets, so that whole strategy, which had looked like it was going perfectly, was a big waste.

That would be a very interesting game to revisit, with the benefit of hindsight. I think you could have saved your territory with just a couple of inquisitors, and that would have been enough to re-convert the continent within 50 turns. Of course, capturing a GP is worth a DoW, especially with Izzy on different continent.

If I have already enhanced and have a neighbor who missed out on a religion (most recent game, it is Shaka), then I would send either missionaries or prophet to convert him/her to my religion and maybe a DOF after. Otherwise, pagodas or some other building would come first.

Top Bottom