Right then, it's quote warring time. :trouble:

:culture: You're quote warring with the Crew,
It won't be much fun,
Once we're done you'll be through,
Once we're done you'll be done.

"Are you sure it isn't the fact that you couldn't go through with your stupid plan in the first place? I'm pretty sure that is the case since, you know, you lack airlift capability in the first place.

It was said half-jokingly. We're basicly this IOT's version of the Downfall Gang for cod's sake!

*everyone stares at Italics looking completely confused*

OMG LOOK OVER THERE A DISTRACTION!!!

Formatics seem to have a giant habit of being international failures. First, your pathetic resolutions fail.

That wasn't intentional. That was proposed VERY seriously.

Next, we managed to get your people out of our hair on someone's else paycheck (Renfair still owes us cash and failure to pay will result in much fun).

We believe that giving you money would produce more suffering than liberating than freeing a couple of thousand slaves. And is that more aggressive posturing? Oh dear.

Now, the Formatics had to backpedal out of their very public statements about dropping their criminal malcontents into our empire.

Again, we weren't that serious.

When the Setting Sun goes and does something, we did, didn't we?

"When I do something, I do something." That is basically what you are saying in that sentence.

There are no Formatics left in the Setting Sun, for example.

No, they're not. *cue dramatic music*

The Renfarians are either gone (if they were rich) or have sworn Oaths of Peace (with many going the Oath of Loyalty route now for full benefits).

And that's terrible.

We have won international incident after international incident against your insignificant Australian nation and will continue to do so until the sun rises in the west and the dead rise up to meet us.

And who has more embargoes against them? Who does most of the world dislike? You.

Stop wasting the Emperor's time."

-Ambassador Lin

No...stop wasting, OUR TIME!

-The Formatting Crew

It was said half-jokingly. We're basicly this IOT's version of the Downfall Gang for cod's sake!

*everyone stares at Italics looking completely confused*

OMG LOOK OVER THERE A DISTRACTION!!!

"Could care less.

That wasn't intentional. That was proposed VERY seriously.

It was rebuked more seriously than it was proposed.

We believe that giving you money would produce more suffering than liberating than freeing a couple of thousand slaves. And is that more aggressive posturing? Oh dear.

Does not matter. Renfair made a deal to pay for the safe exodus of the Formatics. We stuck to our end of the deal and we only expect the remaining *thinking* $8 to be paid. Not all at once, of course, since we didn't quite realize how much the second turn income would fall compared to first turn's massive treasury influx.

Again, we weren't that serious.

Then why should anyone take Formatics seriously? Why not just ignore Australia, kick them out of the UN, and be done with it since apparently, they have more screws in their collective heads loose than the USSR.
"When I do something, I do something." That is basically what you are saying in that sentence.

And it was done.

No, they're not. *cue dramatic music*

We're just going to assume that if there are any, they're here for espionage reasons committing acts of espionage inside the empire. The fact that any remaining Formatic is hiding out just points to the superiority of our position.

And that's terrible.

This isn't grade school.

And who has more embargoes against them? Who does most of the world dislike? You.

Last I check, one. We have one embargo against us. Renfair lifted theirs and maybe there are insignificants in the world that have embargoed us but they're so far off that we didn't even notice.

Oh, and we're making $15 more than the Formatics in trade. So again, what was your point in bringing that up? The world isn't a giant stage of popularity. It is a very cutthroat place where people flock to the side that can get things done, not to the side that holds some kind of mythical moral high ground in international affairs.

But yes, the Formatics sure did teach us a lesson when they organized a grand embargo consisting of two nations, one of which dropped the embargo as per deal. The fact that the Setting Sun is making a mere $15 more than the Formatics in trade is something that has deeply humbled the Emperor.

In the end, the world will flock to find allies and trade partners with a nation that can enforce its will at the end of a bayonet and keep its stated word than a nation that bumbles around unceasingly embarrassing with a divided government that worships a word processor."

-Ambassador Lin

The recent declarations of the Soviet regime have convinced His Majesty that sanctions against Russia, even though they would cause harm to the people, are justified in pursuit of the removal of the Soviet regime, which is quite clearly irrevokably insane and a greater harm to its own people than any economic sanction.

The Empire of Yamato places an embargo on the USSR.

The Egyptian Government continues to refuse to comment on the internal affairs of other nations. Lobbyists pressing for embargoes against various nations have been informed that 'nobody is forcing anyone to trade', and that 'economic sanctions the people wish to enact can be enacted by the people'.

DT

"Could care less.

Couldn't care less than you could care less.

It was rebuked more seriously than it was proposed.

What does that prove anyway?

Does not matter. Renfair made a deal to pay for the safe exodus of the Formatics. We stuck to our end of the deal and we only expect the remaining *thinking* $8 to be paid. Not all at once, of course, since we didn't quite realize how much the second turn income would fall compared to first turn's massive treasury influx.

That is true.

Then why should anyone take Formatics seriously? Why not just ignore Australia, kick them out of the UN, and be done with it since apparently, they have more screws in their collective heads loose than the USSR.

We take being called insane as a complement.

Also, the reason people don't do that is because it is as stupid as trying to kick AOZ out of Germany. And please, we don't threaten countries that embargo us with war.

And it was done.

SHOCK HORROR!

We're just going to assume that if there are any, they're here for espionage reasons committing acts of espionage inside the empire. The fact that any remaining Formatic is hiding out just points to the superiority of our position.

I'm pretty sure there are lots of people in your country who hate your regime and I am sure that at least one of them identifies with the Formatting agenda.

This isn't grade school.

No, because if you were then you would have been expelled long ago for torturing other people. Did the unsupreme leader even go to grade school? Because he obviously didn't turn up to the first lesson they give there: How to be nice to people.

Last I check, one. We have one embargo against us. Renfair lifted theirs and maybe there are insignificants in the world that have embargoed us but they're so far off that we didn't even notice.

Mate, jumping up and down and calling anyone and everyone who doesn't agree with you is insignificant will get you nowhere.

Oh, and we're making $15 more than the Formatics in trade. So again, what was your point in bringing that up? The world isn't a giant stage of popularity. It is a very cutthroat place where people flock to the side that can get things done, not to the side that holds some kind of mythical moral high ground in international affairs.

If World Politics were that simple then people would have allied themselves with the Nazis during WWII because they sure knew how to conquer Poland.

But yes, the Formatics sure did teach us a lesson when they organized a grand embargo consisting of two nations, one of which dropped the embargo as per deal. The fact that the Setting Sun is making a mere $15 more than the Formatics in trade is something that has deeply humbled the Emperor.

In the end, the world will flock to find allies and trade partners with a nation that can enforce its will at the end of a bayonet and keep its stated word than a nation that bumbles around unceasingly embarrassing with a divided government that worships a word processor."

-Ambassador Lin

Spoiler large picture :

Welcome to the NBBC News at Ten.

Our top stories tonight:
Rebels hold out in eastern USSR, Supreme Soviet threatens extreme repercussions
In Australia Formatic rebels surrender after military forces eliminated
And in San Francisco a New British photographer is arrested

Good evening.

Despite attacks by the Red Army the neo-White Russian forces in the eastern USSR are holding firm. In spite of heavy losses the White forces forced back the Red Army and managed to capture a division in the process. It is understood that the Supreme Soviet are furious and have issued an ultimatum to the Whites to lay down their arms or, and I quote, "If you don't agree the Red Army will move to destroy the revolution and for every Red Army dead soldier 100 civilians from Rebel Territory will be executed".
In response New Britain placed an embargo upon the USSR, an action later replicated by many other nations. In a statement the foreign secretary said "I am pleased that so many other nations are willing to stand up to the human rights abuses in the USSR. I am particularly pleased to note that the Empire of Yamato has backed off from their previous rhetoric and recognised the authority of New Britain by following in the path we have forged. We hope that their embargo of the USSR will herald an end to their own questionable practices."

The Empire of the Formatting Crew has comprehensively crushed rebel forces in the south of the country. The Empire has announced that the surviving leaders and rebel fighters will be charged with murder in a civilian court and that it will be compensating civilians who were wounded or lost family in the fighting as well as investing into reconstructing infrastructure in the pacified regions.

Michael King, a paparazzo who's work regularly appears in the New Sun and other tabloid 'news' papers, has been arrested in San Francisco. Neither Renfair or the New British embassy or revealing details as yet but it is understood he has been charged with Voyeurism Without Consent related to the so called "Slavegate" scandal surrounding Princess Samantha.

Also, the reason people don't do that is because it is as stupid as trying to kick AOZ out of Germany. And please, we don't threaten countries that embargo us with war.

"Or as stupid as trying to kick the Setting Sun out? Wouldn't be the first time the Formatics used random verbs to perform actions on the international stage. Please point to where we threatened war and we'll point to several embarrassing incident where the Formatics failed to be anything but a joke nation masquerading as something trying to be serious on the international stage.

I'm pretty sure there are lots of people in your country who hate your regime and I am sure that at least one of them identifies with the Formatting agenda.

Well yes. That tends to happen when our RR is, oh, only 4. That's such a gigantic number of hatred towards the government, right?

No, because if you were then you would have been expelled long ago for torturing other people. Did the unsupreme leader even go to grade school? Because he obviously didn't turn up to the first lesson they give there: How to be nice to people.

Be nice? Is that why you embargo nations? That, in and of itself, isn't nice. Or do nice people only commit nice things? In which case, yes, everything the Formatics do, from state-sponsored executions to espionage to embargoes are all "nice things" because you're doing them.

Mate, jumping up and down and calling anyone and everyone who doesn't agree with you is insignificant will get you nowhere.

I'm calling everyone who has an embargo on us insignificant, which happens to be only you and maybe a NPC.

If World Politics were that simple then people would have allied themselves with the Nazis during WWII because they sure knew how to conquer Poland.

People hedge their bets and sometimes those bets don't pay off. Bringing up a war that happened 400 years ago does you what good? Not to mention that the US and Allies at the time weren't even close to being heroes. People don't flock to the "nicest" nation but to the nation better able to protect their interests.

Again, the Emperor can not help that the Formatics are spineless and incapable of seriously responding to any of the accusations of spinelessness leveled against them which leaves us to believe that A.) The Formatics are spineless and B.) They're a joke. In the end, we laugh at jokes but this joke isn't funny since their only gimmick is that yes, they know how to use basic operations of a word processor and all of a sudden, that's something one should base their government around.

And the Formatics wonder why so many nations laugh at them behind their backs or, in our case, right in their face. Don't make threats you can't back up because it makes you look weak and, contrary to the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic School of International Relations, makes people less likely to take your sniveling pathetic nation seriously.

Notice that we're not acting like children and posting memes and pretending that that is a serious response. If the government of the Formatics wasn't so incompetent, they would see that only one nation has an embargo against us, they can't fly a plane over the Setting Sun, and that our trade revenue is higher than theirs. They will also see that they are taking militarily aggressive actions against rebels in their own country while chastising us for doing the same in ours.

And they would also see that every attempt to rally the international community against the very pragmatic Setting Sun has resulted in failure. The Formatics failed in the UN and they failed outside the UN.

We will not accept anymore correspondence from the Formatic government as they are the illegitimate government of Australia."

-Ambassador Lin

USSR to the UN and the Nations of the World:

Aleka, Prime Minister of USSR:

Mrs. Aleka has decided, after the reactions of various nations against USSR, to admit that it was a mistake to threaten democracies and Korea. ''It was an empty threat'' Mrs Aleka said. She also said '' If USSR really wanted to attack Korea, then why it would give its seat in the SC to Korea? It was an apology to the Korean people. We are all people and we all make mistakes. About the USSR leaving the UN, it was an act based on that we dont agree with the practices of the UN. It is our right to leave the UN. It doesnt mean that USSR is an illegal state or something like that. It is just like a country leaving NATO, for example. About the threat to execute 100 civilians, that was just a thing that the supreme Premier said in fury. This isnt a law. Other countries use the statement of the Mr. Nikita, a statement, not an official law, to hit the USSR while it is down. As you can see, the USSR asked for an ecumenical Government, with both capitalists and Communists. About the Human Rights, we protect the rights of the workers.''.

Mrs. Aleka offered TV channels, like NBBC News, to interview her if they want.

The Reunited States of America embargoes the USSR because we don't believe this apology. And because the act was voted on before the apology.

Mrs. Aleka stated '' Of course, we dont wait with one apology to solve all problems or make other nations to stop their embargo. What we want is some leaders of some nations to not use an empty threat and a statement to attack USSR''

The USSR embargoes the USSR

Well, good sir, you can color me very confused right now.

Something tells me, Aleka, that calling everyone's threats "empty" is a piss-poor way of handling the situation.

Mrs Aleka stated that '' Although we threaten to invade, we did not invade. Even if the international community had no problem, we had to fight rebels and focus on re-building the nation. It is foolish for someone to think that we could have invaded.''

Our embargo shall remain in place until such time as the USSR withdraws troops from the White regions and negotiates a peaceful solution.

Aleka replies '' Why no one listens to what i am saying. We are negotiating a peacefull solution. Tell me a communist country that has agreed to let right wing anti-communists politicians to join the Communist Party to create an ecumenical government.''

100% serious. We offer the rebels to join us to create an ecumenical government to lead USSR into free elections and decide if the people want a Communist state (ooc: dictatorship) or a Western Republic (ooc: in game Republic).

I assume the elections will be regulated by the UN. I don't say that because I'm a great lover of democracy but because you already made empty promises before. Furthermore, didn't the USSR just have an election that resulted in candidates sweeping up all the votes?

If the Rebels (ooc: GM) dont respond, then nothing can happen and we will have to send the army to restore peace.

Top Bottom