Kruelgor's Huge Earth

I also greatly disagree with the decision to not add the Iroquois. You could HQ them a little further NW of where their true range would be, and that balance out North America very nicely. It doesn't make sense to me to have the other extinct nations and torch the Iroquois (note I would play them).

Lovely map, but I must agree: if you´d remove any civ it´d be the Americans (possibly replaced with Sioux or Inca); they´re the only civ that make no sense whatsoever on a 5000 BC map. Otherwise: :goodjob:

This may just be down to my ignorance since this is the first mod I've tried, but it looks like all of the units are single and there are no healthbars.

Is there something I'm missing or is this just how it works?

Not sure if you did this on purpose or not... but every resource seems to be set to 1. Makes for kinda dull games when you can only build one Iron or one Oil unit for every mine you have. Only other 'complaint' (for want of a better word, since it's not really a complaint :p) would be the weird shape and angle of the British Isles, but I guess that's down to the limitations of the hex system sadly.

Other than those two issues it looks great!

I have to agree with VorVor. The early game is pretty slow going. In harder levels I come to a crawl because it seems there are not very many happiness resources to expand. On the other hand, I can't fight because there is not enough strategic resources, unless of course I don't build those units and just use warriors/archers.

Another small complaint is the city states are useless without resources next to them. I realize we want to be realistic. How about changing cows/beef and wheat to a happy source? Maybe that is too much.... Plus I noticed many of them around Europe are military (the most worthless). Also, most city states (North Africa especially) are bombarded by so many barbarians they can't seem to get a foothold or create a worker. Maybe give city states a big military from the start?

Can't think of anything else right now. I'll keep playing...:D

This may just be down to my ignorance since this is the first mod I've tried, but it looks like all of the units are single and there are no healthbars.

Is there something I'm missing or is this just how it works?

Do you have your graphic settings turned way down? I think "minimal" settings may only show single units as it did in Civ 4. Just a guess, my game seems okay.

Do you have your graphic settings turned way down? I think "minimal" settings may only show single units as it did in Civ 4. Just a guess, my game seems okay.

No... I don't have this playing a 'normal' game, only mods...

No... I don't have this playing a 'normal' game, only mods...

I figured it out, it must be either the Queen of the Iceni or Dale's True start location earth maps. I turned both of them off and now the problem is gone.

I figured it out, it must be either the Queen of the Iceni or Dale's True start location earth maps. I turned both of them off and now the problem is gone.

Yup, you only want to have one map at a time checked....:D Other misc mods (reveal map, stacked units, etc) seem to work okay, so far.

I have to agree with VorVor. The early game is pretty slow going. In harder levels I come to a crawl because it seems there are not very many happiness resources to expand. On the other hand, I can't fight because there is not enough strategic resources, unless of course I don't build those units and just use warriors/archers.

Another small complaint is the city states are useless without resources next to them. I realize we want to be realistic. How about changing cows/beef and wheat to a happy source? Maybe that is too much.... Plus I noticed many of them around Europe are military (the most worthless). Also, most city states (North Africa especially) are bombarded by so many barbarians they can't seem to get a foothold or create a worker. Maybe give city states a big military from the start?

Can't think of anything else right now. I'll keep playing...:D

Which city state are you referring to which doesn't have resources? I'm pretty sure they all have resources, perhaps you haven't advanced far enough in the tech tree to see the resources.

I've been playing as England and they only have one luxury (furs) and I've managed to keep happiness under control with happiness buildings and social policies. You can also build colonies across the ocean, connect a luxury, and use harbors to connect to the capital as well.

Let me know what civilizations you think lacks certain key resources and I'll look into it.

Not sure if you did this on purpose or not... but every resource seems to be set to 1.

I wasn't aware that resource output could be changed. I didn't mess with resource output settings in the script. I did put the default setting on Prince, that can be changed in your setup, but I'm not sure if that's what you're talking about or not.

Btw, the resources are acting normal on my game. I don't see what you're referring to.

I wasn't aware that resource output could be changed. I didn't mess with resource output settings in the script. I did put the default setting on Prince, that can be changed in your setup, but I'm not sure if that's what you're talking about or not.

Btw, the resources are acting normal on my game. I don't see what you're referring to.

For instance, I just tried as the egyptians, there is a horse resource right next to my city, I build a pasture on it and receive 1 horse.

I suspect all the resources only give 1 resource. Are you saying the horses next to the egyptians provide you with more than 1 horse?

You´re right. As Egypt I got 1 Horse and 1 Iron, meaning I could upgrade 1 Warrior to Swordsmen and 1 Chariot Archer to Knight, but no more... :(

As far as the map goes, it has been noted before but especially Northern Africa is way off. It almost appears as a straight line, which, if you look at any map of it, it´s not.

More in detail:

- Nortwest Africa is missing the Atlas Mts. (which stretch from "Morocco" southwest down to the coast through what is now completely flat desert)
- the land directly to the south of "Morocco" and "Tunisia" isn´t flat desert, but hilly and mountainous terrain; there should also be Horse (Numidian cavalry) and Ivory (Hannibal´s elephants)
- from "Tunisia" to the East there´s first a small bend south and westward (Little Syrte); the coast then runs gradually south towards another bend southward (Great Syrte); also this should be Plains rather than Desert on the coast as it is now*
- Cyrenaica shouldn´t consist of 3 Oases, but of Plains and inland (southward), Hills and Forest (it was a forested region in ancient times, not like today)
- from Cyrenaica again the coast goes gradually south until it reaches the Nile delta (which is a slight bend northward, but to the south of the Great Syrte); again this coast should be Plains rather than Desert*
- also the isle of Crete could easily be stretched to 2 tiles (instead of 1).

* There several towns on the coast between "Tunisia" and the Nile delta, like Sabratha, Leptis Magna, Ptolemais and Cyrene.

Finally, since you have the stretched out North Africa, it´d be easy to insert the Sinai Desert between the Nile and Israel.

In Southern Africa the Namib Desert is missing (directly above "South Africa"); instead there´s a forested area.

Which city state are you referring to which doesn't have resources? I'm pretty sure they all have resources, perhaps you haven't advanced far enough in the tech tree to see the resources.

I've been playing as England and they only have one luxury (furs) and I've managed to keep happiness under control with happiness buildings and social policies. You can also build colonies across the ocean, connect a luxury, and use harbors to connect to the capital as well.

Let me know what civilizations you think lacks certain key resources and I'll look into it.

I was referring mostly to the early game as far as being slow. Yes, the vanilla game is fairly boring at the beginning too. Still hoping for some action in the beginning as far as rapid expansion goes.

Not sure how you made this mod. But in the World Builder when you place a strategic resource you can set how many it gives. By default a newly placed strategic resource is set to one, and you then have to set it to whatever you think is balanced. On normal vanilla maps I think it's between 2 and 6.

Resources affected by this would be: Uranium, Aluminium, Oil, Coal, Iron and Horses

It's already very limiting that the game only lets you built 1 unit that requires one of these for every one you have access to, but with each resource on the map only giving a single Iron, or Coal or whatever it's even worse and really slows down the military side and makes wars kinda dull :)

It's easy to overlook. I've made a few maps myself and often forget to change the values.

So far I don't see any happiness resources next to city states except Poland who has furs. Sweden, Morocco, Tunis, etc has nothing as far as I can see. Is there happiness resources later that I'm not aware of?

So far I don't see any happiness resources next to city states except Poland who has furs. Sweden, Morocco, Tunis, etc has nothing as far as I can see. Is there happiness resources later that I'm not aware of?

Hmmm. Your map seems different than mine. I wonder if it uploaded properly. Here's a list of all the luxury resources which create happiness:

Cotton
Dyes
Furs
Gems
Gold
Incense
Ivory
Marble
Pearls
Silk
Silver
Spices
Sugar
Whales
Wine

You will see luxury goods scattered all over the place in these screenshots from the world builder.
Spoiler :

Top Bottom