Leaders

Yeah, no doubt. In hindsight, I don't really know how I hoped that it could turn out differently... But oh well. I did my part. Now we'll see whether he is capable of leading this country - like one paper said, it is up to him not to betray Mandela's legacy.

EDIT: I see no traits have been chosen for Zuma yet. He is definitely Charismatic. However, I'm not sure about a second trait... The Wikipedia article on him makes a lot of mention of his economic angle, so maybe something like Financial? I think it's too early to tell, but I don't really know what else to give him (unless Diplomatic were a trait :p).

I also don't know what you would choose for the second trait. :confused: Given his own personal financial problems and his left leaning economic stance I don't know if Financial is the best option. He certainly has said some creative things in the media/courtroom and he can really dance and sing :mad: so that would be my best guess...

I actually think you're right, and I think in game terms the Creative trait very well represents the kind of effect that Zuma has on this country.

I forgot to mention Benjamin Netanyahu is in charge of Israel.

Are you guys accepting diplomacy text? I made some for Kevin Rudd. I made him sound like a nerd.

First Contact:
Kerplach! That means "Hello" in Hangon. My name is [CT_NAME] of [CT_CIV_SHORT] and I'm happy to meet you! Live long and prosper!

Refuse to Talk:
Beam yourself out of here, [CT_NAME]!

No Peace:
I find that highly illogical, [CT_NAME].

Friendly Greeting:
Yay, you're back! Hey, I have an idea, how about we pull an all-nighter and watch all 147 episodes of Star Drek?

Annoyed Greeting:
You know, I really wish I had one of those cool plasma guns that Captain Dirk used on episode 45 of Star Drek right now so I could use it against you.

Weaker Demand Tribute:
Don't dissapoint me like the season finale of Battlestar Andromeda did, [CT_NAME].

Equal Demand Tribute:
Don't mess with me, [CT_NAME]. I know the nerve pinch!

Stronger Demand Tribute:
Give me this or face my Hangon sword, [CT_NAME].

If you like that, then you'll love what I have for Jacob Zuma!

First Contact:
Good day, [CT_NAME]. I am [OUR_NAME] of the [OUR_EMPIRE]. Let there be peace between our nations until the end of time - after all, we'll still be ruling [OUR_CIV_SHORT] by then!

Refuse to Talk:
Don't come back until you've taken a shower, [CT_NAME].

No Peace:
I am not lenient on dictators like you, [CT_NAME].

Friendly Greeting:
What a surprise, my good friend [CT_NAME] is back. Hey, listen. Don't believe anyone who says I'm a crook. I don't even know the meaning of the word!

Annoyed Greeting:
If you were to stand any closer to me, I would knock you out, [CT_NAME].

Weaker Demand Tribute:
[OUR_CIV_SHORT] would like this, [CT_NAME]. Could you send an encrypted fax my way?

Equal Demand Tribute:
Can [OUR_CIV_SHORT] have this? After all, you trust me as much as I trust you, unlike the [OUR_CIV_ADJ] state machinery.

Stronger Demand Tribute:
Hand this over, [CT_NAME], or I'll ask my buddies to 'bring me my machine gun'.

Hahaha, those are awesome!

Well, there goes political correctness! :lol:

Well, Zuma was accused of corruption, and of course we know about the encrypted fax and the shower incident...

Most of these things really are statements that Zuma said. The annoyed greeting originally referred to homosexuals, Zuma said that the ANC will rule South Africa until the Second Coming of Christ, and "Bring me my machine gun" was the song he sang during the rape trial.

I think you should try to fit a polygamy line in there as well, for completeness's sake. :p

Polygamy's not really that funny unless there's Mormons involved.

Here are some lines for Hugo Chavez.

First Contact:
Hola, [CT_NAME]. My name is [OUR_NAME]. Do not let my reputation fool you; it is all imperialist lies. Would you like to be my friend?

Refuse to Talk:
Buzz off, [CT_CIV_ADJ] crap!

No Peace:
You messed with me, birdie. Now you're going to get it!

Friendly Greeting:
How are you, [CT_NAME]? Would you like to watch me lay the smack on other world leaders for over five hours?

Annoyed Greeting:
You are a donkey, Mr. Danger. What is it you want?

Demand Tribute Weaker:
We exist, too, [CT_NAME]. Your future demands on our future. Pay up.

Demand Tribute Equal:
When imperialism feels weak, it resorts to brute force. And that is what I will do if you don't provide me with this.

Demand Tribute Stronger:
We request this under penalty of death, oh puppy dog of the [OUR_EMPIRE].

How about this text for Lula da Silva?

First Contact:
Welcome to sunny, beautiful [OUR_CIV_SHORT], [CT_NAME]! I am [OUR_NAME]. I hope our nations can live in peace and friendship - so don't screw anything up, you understand?

Refuse to Talk:
We will not accept defamations against our country, [CT_NAME]!

No Peace:
This only the beginning of the war, and in the end we will be victorious like Napoleon when he went to China!

Friendly Greeting:
How are you doing, [CT_NAME]? Let's go to the beach! I'll be sure to bring my thong!

Annoyed Greeting:
I am the son of an illiterate father and mother, but compared to you, my parents were Einsteins!

Demand Tribute Weaker:
We have only to blame ourselves for our backwardness, [CT_NAME]... but you still owe us a little something!

Demand Tribute Equal:
Don't act like the elites who thought they knew what was best for [OUR_CIV_SHORT]. If you know what's good for you, give this to us!

Demand Tribute Stronger:
[OUR_CIV_SHORT] is in a solid position: solid enough to destroy the [CT_EMPIRE]! Care to persuade me otherwise?

here's the part of your leaders list i have issues with:

West: 8
Usa - barack obama - CHM/EXP
canada - stephen harper - FIN/ORG
Mexico - felipe calderon - CHM/SPI
brazil - lula da silva - SPI/CRE
argentina - cristina kirchner - SPI/PRO
peru - alan garica - PHI/PRO
chile - michelle bachelet - ORG/EXP
colombia - alvaro velez - ORG/IND

europe: 10
UK - gordon brown - EXP/PRO
spain - jose zapatero - EXP/CRE
france - nicolas sarkozy - EXP/FIN
germany - horst kohler - FIN/PRO
poland - lech kaczynski - EXP/PRO
italy - giorgio napolitano - IND/CHM
sweden - fredrik reinfeldt - FIN/ORG
turkey - abdullah gul - PRO/IND
ukraine - viktor yushchenko - PRO/IMP
switzerland - hans merz - ind/fin

i won't say anything about the traits cause that's highly subjective.
but: the leaders of the civs should be the ones that actually are in power, not the formal head of states that are only there for representation. after all you used gordon brown for uk and not elizabeth II. this means:

germany: Angela Merkel (not Horst Köhler)
poland: Donald Tusk (not kaczynski)
italy: Silvio Berlusconi (not Napolitano)
turkey: Recep Erdogan (not Gül)
Ukraine: Yulia Tymoshenko (not Yushchenko)

Oh, and the name of the Colombian president is Alvaro Uribe, not Alvaro Velez...

I found some more:

Libya: Muammar al-Gaddafi
Israel: Benjamin Netanjahu
Lebanon: Fouad Siniora

And it won't ever get into my head why we waste 2 civ slots for Lebanon and Jordan...

here's the part of your leaders list i have issues with:

europe: 10
UK - gordon brown - EXP/PRO
spain - jose zapatero - EXP/CRE
france - nicolas sarkozy - EXP/FIN
germany - horst kohler - FIN/PRO
poland - lech kaczynski - EXP/PRO
italy - giorgio napolitano - IND/CHM
sweden - fredrik reinfeldt - FIN/ORG
turkey - abdullah gul - PRO/IND
ukraine - viktor yushchenko - PRO/IMP
switzerland - hans merz - ind/fin

i won't say anything about the traits cause that's highly subjective.
but: the leaders of the civs should be the ones that actually are in power, not the formal head of states that are only there for representation. after all you used gordon brown for uk and not elizabeth II. this means:

germany: Angela Merkel (not Horst Köhler)
poland: Donald Tusk (not kaczynski)
italy: Silvio Berlusconi (not Napolitano)
turkey: Recep Erdogan (not Gül)
Ukraine: Yulia Tymoshenko (not Yushchenko)

Oh, and the name of the Colombian president is Alvaro Uribe, not Alvaro Velez...

I second Ianinsane. But also re the traits:

I'm only going to comment on Europe as those i really know about, but the beloew really need changing.

Although Protectionist is OK for UK, Gordon Brown (UK) should not be expansive as the UK has spent the last 70 years doing the opposite. Gordon Brown was our last Chancellor (Chief Finance Minister) and is staking his reelection on his grand plans fr restoring the economy so should be Financial/ Protectionist.

Also, I would not put Germany as Protectionist at all. Germany has been about as close to Pacifism as you can get for 60 years, I would recommend Fin/Org or Fin/Ind.

France on the other hand, definitely SHOULD be protectionist, however. I would Put Sarkozy as Charasmatic and protectionist.

Make sure Berlusconi (Italy) is charasmatic and I would also say Financial. He has bedded half of Italy's women with his money, so these are probably fair.

So to sum up:

Gordon Brown (UK)- Pro/ Fin

Angela Merkel (Ger)- Fin/Org or Fin/Ind

Nicolas Sarkozy (Fra)- Char/Pro

Silvio Berlusconi (Ita)- Char/Fin or perhaps

Okay, go for it.

I am not nearly as familiar with Europe as I am with USA/SouthAmerica/MiddleEast/EastAsia.

We don't hear much about Europe in the USA. We just get hammered home with MiddleEast, East Asia, and Latin America.

Okay, go for it.

I am not nearly as familiar with Europe as I am with USA/SouthAmerica/MiddleEast/EastAsia.

We don't hear much about Europe in the USA. We just get hammered home with MiddleEast, East Asia, and Latin America.

Cool. Nothing else stands out to me to be corrected re leaders.

Top Bottom