News: TSG2 Announcement

leif erikson

Game of the Month Fanatic
Administrator
GOTM Staff
Supporter
Civilization 5 – Game of the Month Training Series Game 2
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\//////////////////////////////////////////

Welcome to the second game in the GOTM V Training Series! There are plenty of new features in Civilization 5 to explore and the Training Series games will allow new and old GOTM fans to try out these new features in a friendly environment. You are all encouraged to post your questions, stories, advice, tricks and failures in the dedicated game threads described below. You can read more about the GOTM and Training Series concept in this thread. Before going into the details of this game, we would like to ask you to abide to our most sacred rule: don’t replay any turns. If you make a mistake, accept it and try to recover. It’s better to do the bad moves in the Training Series instead of in the actual GOTM competition once it starts.

In this game you will play as Ramesses II and lead Egypt to the stars. It’s a standard sized Continents map played at King difficulty and at standard pace. The preferred victory is Science, although all victory conditions are enabled. To achieve a Science victory, you will need to learn the necessary technologies to create all the pieces of a spaceship, then build the parts and move them to your current capital. Once all the parts are together you may launch your ship to Alpha Centauri. If it successfully makes it to the new planet before anyone else achieves a victory condition, you will win the Science Victory.

Civ V - TSG2 game settings
Playable Civ: Egypt - Ramesses II
Number of AI Opponents: 7
Number of City-States: 16
Map type: Continents
Map Size: Standard
Difficulty Level: King
Game pace: Standard

Information about threads associated with TSG
TSG Announcement thread (this one). This thread is used to announce the game and clarify the settings and rules (don’t be afraid to ask questions). It’s also used to discuss the game before you start, and post problems with opening the save. Please don’t post any information from a game you have started. Instead use the next thread.

Game In Progress thread. This thread is used to discuss the game once it's on the way. There are no reading or posting restrictions as such (apart from normal decency), although we encourage players to use the spoiler tags for screenshots. Here you can post questions related to the game and share your achievements/anger/frustration/victories while you play.

After Action Report thread. In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state (preferably in the post title) your victory date and score, as recorded in the Hall of Fame, and the most important: your path to glory! Please also attach a Civ5Save file made after your victory or defeat. The first post will be updated with the results at the end of the two week period (sorted by date and score). Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences. The game will not be closed as such, but after two weeks, the results will be compiled, and will not necessarily be updated with reports coming in afterwards.

The Save can be found here.

A screenie pls?

such a tease. the pic doesn't show and the link to the save gives me a 'you do not have permission to access this page' message.

:lol:

kudos on bumping the difficulty to king at least...and choosing science/space VC.

cas

When I click on the save link, it brings me to a page that says I don't have permission to view :(

I've fixed the links in the first post.

Yes! I got hooked with the first one, and have been waiting with baited breath for the second to come out.

Egypt and marble, that must be some indication of the path to progress. :)

No river though, and no food bonus near, so otherwise this is a tough starting position. Quite a way up from the first training game.

What are the exact conditions for getting a bonus from marble for wonder production, and how big is it? There's no info in the manual afaik...

As for food and rivers, keep in mind you dont need fresh water for farms in civ5. And buying the cow tile is possible when settling in place...nonetheless I'd focus on buying food from city states.

What are the exact conditions for getting a bonus from marble for wonder production, and how big is it? There's no info in the manual afaik...

What? Do we get wonder production bonus with marble??? :eek: I thought it was only for happiness :confused:

What? Do we get wonder production bonus with marble??? :eek: I thought it was only for happiness :confused:
That is the conclusion I came to playing this last night. I would like to be proved wrong though. :)

Yup, +25% production for wonders when you've got marble connected. I read this somewhere on the forums and indeed saw it ingame later. When looking through the civilopedia, no mention of this though...

Top Bottom