Vincentz Infinite Projects [VIP MOD]

24 turns to build the 1st warrior at game start is imho too long.

Barbs now seem more buffed. Much harder to take out that Barb warrior/archer/ javelineer early game.

Lost my capital city to a Barb Javelineer/archer combo. My Warrior/Javelineer were no match even with 2 promotions apiece. Almost quit the game to start over as the loss of my capital city plummeted me to the bottom of the list. Don't know if I can recover before my neighbors come a calling with axemen. ;P

JosEPh

Edit: Barbs are mean and persistent. In 6 turns I fought more than a dozen barb units up to axeman. I lost 2 valuable seasoned axemen in the process plus an archer. But I had to save my corn crops. Just wouldn't be right to live in the middle of Western Illinois cornfields and let the barbs ruin my cornfields! ;)

I dont know why there was so many barbs. Didnt change anything there. But sometimes i had unlucky starts, where it would crawl with barbs. Especially if im close to the north/south poles. I guess its because the unsettled land there.

24 turns sure is a long time. The warrior strenght is 3 = 30 hammers x 2 for epic so thats 60. A city will provide at least 2 hammers* and a forrest on grassland another 2 so that is 15 turns (I'll remove the 25% military unit penalty from Tribalism) which I guess is ok on epic considering the size of the city is only 1. But keep in mind that everytime you buy a warrior the next will be 5% more expensive.
Example. archer 50 hammers

If you have 15 units of archers the next archer will cost 15x5%=75% more than 50 hammers = 87.5 hammers, but if you instead have 5 of each the next archer would cost 5x5%=25% more than 50 hammers = 62.5 (these are normal speed examples. double it for epic)

* maybe I'll change it to min. 2, and add 1 hammer.
I changed the city's startposition to be influencing the outcome, so a city build in a swamp would provide less food and hammers than on grassland, and a city build on hills provide more hammers but less food than on flatlands. Examples with new rules:
City on
flat grassland 3 :food: + 2 for city, 1 :hammers: + 2 for city = 5 :food: & 3 :hammers:
hill grassland 2 :food: + 2 for city, 2 :hammers: + 2 for city = 4 :food: & 4 :hammers:
That way the only place that would only give 2 hammers is swamp, while a city on the hill of plains would give a stunning 5 hammers (but only 3 food).

Edit : Much better now. a city built on grassland working a grassland forest will produce a warrior in 12 turns now, while a city built on plain hills will do the feat in only 9 turns on Epic speed.
BTW. I made two gamespeeds for Epic and Normal. One is Warmonger (as the examples given) and one is Empire which on normal doubles unit and building production and on epic multiplies it by 1.5. I'll upload it when Im finished with the Militia units.
Spoiler :

Im considering redoing my Tradeposts as I did in RoM where they would grow like cottage/hamlet etc. Right now they are kind of worthless unless build on resources or on river.

Problem : I put in a Musketman (1600-1800AD) at Flintlock, and renamed the old one to Arquebusier (1400-1600AD). After that the Napoleonic Rifleman (1800-1900) takes over.
But now I have to place the following Unique Units : Oromo (AD???), Musketeer (1600-1700AD), Redcoat (1750-1900) and Janissary (1400–1800).
The problem is I dont want to put all UU as Musketman, though Musketeer seems to fit best, the graphics of Redcoats is almost the same as the new Musketmen, while the Janissary looks more like a Rifleman but the Janissaries were abolished in 1826. Any suggestions?

Arquebus
Musket
Rifling

Musketeers_in_France
Red_coat
Janissary

Problem : I put in a Musketman (1600-1800AD) at Flintlock, and renamed the old one to Arquebusier (1400-1600AD). After that the Napoleonic Rifleman (1800-1900) takes over.
But now I have to place the following Unique Units : Oromo (AD???), Musketeer (1600-1700AD), Redcoat (1750-1900) and Janissary (1400–1800).
The problem is I dont want to put all UU as Musketman, though Musketeer seems to fit best, the graphics of Redcoats is almost the same as the new Musketmen, while the Janissary looks more like a Rifleman but the Janissaries were abolished in 1826. Any suggestions?

Arquebus
Musket
Rifling

Musketeers_in_France
Red_coat
Janissary
I would place the Oromo as Arquebus, since they look like each other, imo.
And about Janissaries... well, if the graphics are really a big liar which makes kittens cry if they would be UU'd with the Musketman, I think it is a price to pay. It's not that badly mistakable, I hope. But I believe that historical correctness is one of the big issues of Civ, so I'd say adding Jannisary as a UU replacing the Musketman. But that's my miserable opinion.
And maybe the Musketman was rubbish (why?) so everyone decided to build his/her own version. In the original game the musketman was UU'd 3 times already, so its not too pressing to overdo this number. (Oh, and while researching on this (not that much, it's just me, not some sort of guy who goes research an hour for just one mediocre question) I found out that Redcoats carried muskets, so the original game was a bit off the path.)But, I have, as stated above, a miserable opinion; even more because this ain't my project.

By the way, I'm going to download your mod after posting the message. I have read through, and I can see a lot of stuff I like muchy muchy. Kittens ain't gonna cry, I guess.

My kitten doesn't cry anymore, she died from feline leukemia yesterday while on the vets exam table. Hemorrhaged to death when the vet tried to draw a blood sample from her neck. :(

I continued the game. I'm in 7th place out of 9 empires now. And I'm playing on a Lakes Map, Huge, High Seas this time. So I met all my neighbors in the 1st 2000 years. My 2 scouts almost circumnavigated the world before Barbs took them out. And yes I got a North pole start in this game. :p

The changes you mentioned for warrior build times sound more in line now for epic.

JosEPh

I'm so sorry to hear that. I feel for your loss. I love cats myself, and it was a very hard decision to leave my cat at my girlfriends brother in Thailand when we returned to Denmark. But it doesnt come close to what happened to you. How old was it?

Made an icon and modified the cities "physical" size. Now they huge!
Found diamonds in Neoteric World mod, but it didnt have Gamefont icons, so had to make one myself (oh, I hate those gamefonts) but luckely it worked the first time.

Example of city:

Max size excl. buildings but incl. Towns all around the "core"

I also redid the icon for Natural Gas, and put it on the map.

and put the tradeposts as I made them for RoM

I'm so sorry to hear that. I feel for your loss. I love cats myself, and it was a very hard decision to leave my cat at my girlfriends brother in Thailand when we returned to Denmark. But it doesnt come close to what happened to you. How old was it?

Purr Puddles was born in early September in my woodshed. She was solid white and Loved Deli sliced turkey. There were 5 kittens in her litter and only her sister Emma survives. Emma lives in a nearby town with an elderly woman. Raccoons and neighbor's dogs killed the other 3. I brought Puddles into the house in early Nov when I saw that she had been attacked. Up to that point her matching white brother and she would play on my front porch. Their mother is one of our outside cats. We live outside of town surrounded by corn and soybean fields.

Back to the current game, the AI leaders, Jao is #1, are at least twice as strong and have more than double the cities I do. Losing Washington to the Barbs really stunted my growth. I've climbed into 5th place. It's 626AD. I've uploaded the savegame.

JosEPh.

I'm uploading the new changes. 0.73 it is. I'm having a hard time filling out the renaissance, and decided to put wonders (will come later) and great people. I'm also speculating in unit strenght for modern units as I want to avoid spearman vs tank syndrome but units still need to have a connection. Thinking about this :

Spoiler :
Scout 1
Clubman 3
Javelineer 4
Ram 4
Archer 5
Catapult 5
Chariot 6
Speaman 6
Trebuchet 6
Axeman 7
Horseman 8
Crossbowman 9
Swordsman 10
Pikeman 11
Longbowman 12
Horsearcher 12
Maceman 13
H.Swordsman 15
Knight 18

GUNPOWDER
Bombard 15
Arquebusier 20
Cuirasser 25
Musketman 30

NAPOLEONIC WARS
Cannon 28
Grenadier 36
Rifleman 40
Cavalry 44

WWI
Trench Infantry 50
Machine Gun 54
Artillery 42
Early Tank 66

WW2
Marksman 60
Infantry 65
Paratrooper 70
Marine 75
Anti Tank Inf 50
Tank 88

MODERN
Modern Infantry 80
Modern Paratrooper 85
Modern Marine 90
Sniper 75
Bazooka 70
Mobile Sam
Mobile Artillery
Mech Inf 100
Modern Armor 110

Special Forces 100

Ran across a problem around 700AD. The End of turn "Waiting for other Civ" thing happened.

I alt tabbed out of the game and an Assert Failed pop up was on my desktop I clicked the debug button and the game CTD'd. I reloaded the last autosave and several turns later it did the same thing. This time I clicked the Ignore always button on the assert pop up and I could continue to play. I'm now in the 800+AD time frame.

Here is the assert:

Assert Failed

File: CvPlayer.cpp
Line: 12592
Expression: isHuman() || isBarbarian() || ((getGold() + iGoldChange) >= 0) || isAnarchy()
----------------------------------------------------------

Hope it helps.

JosEPh

mmmm. thats not good news. I got that message in AIautoplay once, but thought it was because I was "returning" as a player after the 100 AIturns had passed. If you can upload the save from around 700AD I could take a look what happened.

This is the code concerning the bug :

Spoiler :
Code:
void CvPlayer::doGold()
{
	bool bStrike;
	int iGoldChange;
	int iDisbandUnit;
	int iI;

CyArgsList argsList;
	argsList.add(getID());
	long lResult=0;
	gDLL->getPythonIFace()->callFunction(PYGameModule, "doGold", argsList.makeFunctionArgs(), &lResult);
	if (lResult == 1)
	{
		return;
	}

iGoldChange = calculateGoldRate();

FAssert(isHuman() || isBarbarian() || ((getGold() + iGoldChange) >= 0) || isAnarchy());

changeGold(iGoldChange);

bStrike = false;

if (getGold() < 0)
	{
		setGold(0);

if (!isBarbarian() && (getNumCities() > 0))
		{
			bStrike = true;
		}
	}

if (bStrike)
	{
		setStrike(true);
		changeStrikeTurns(1);

if (getStrikeTurns() > 1)
		{
			iDisbandUnit = (getStrikeTurns() / 2); // XXX mod?

for (iI = 0; iI < iDisbandUnit; iI++)
			{
				disbandUnit(true);

if (calculateGoldRate() >= 0)
				{
					break;
				}
			}
		}
	}
	else
	{
		setStrike(false);
	}
}

Ran across a problem around 700AD. The End of turn "Waiting for other Civ" thing happened.

I alt tabbed out of the game and an Assert Failed pop up was on my desktop I clicked the debug button and the game CTD'd. I reloaded the last autosave and several turns later it did the same thing. This time I clicked the Ignore always button on the assert pop up and I could continue to play. I'm now in the 800+AD time frame.

Here is the assert:

Assert Failed

File: CvPlayer.cpp
Line: 12592
Expression: isHuman() || isBarbarian() || ((getGold() + iGoldChange) >= 0) || isAnarchy()
----------------------------------------------------------

Hope it helps.

JosEPh

It doesnt seem like a bug, but more like info that an AI is "overusing" its budget. BtW if you are using the debug dll then I find it helpfull to not use Fullscreen, but windowed mode. I dont see a big impact on performance in windowed mode in Civ4 like some other games have.

From SDK forum :
It's an error thrown by a debug dll. You can just ignore it, all it says is that at least one AI player has negative gold and is not in anarchy.

Do you use a debug dll in your mod (you should only use it for testing as it is a lot slower than a release dll)? If your mod does not use a customized dll it is problem of the user and he should remove the debug dll from his bts assets folder and replace it with the release dll from BTS 3.19

BtW if you are using the debug dll then I find it helpfull to not use Fullscreen, but windowed mode.

I don't know How to Use or Setup a Debug .dll !

I thought you said you had put it in on the last version?

Ever since I D/L'd 2 mods (K-Mod and Song of the Moon 2) I've had strange things occurring in my other Mods. Just like if you Play C2C you need to have all RoM and AND Mods removed out of the BtS Mods folder or they affect how C2C performs.

Originally Posted by Sephi, If your mod does not use a customized dll it is problem of the user and he should remove the debug dll from his bts assets folder and replace it with the release dll from BTS 3.19

I'll look in the BtS Assets folder to see if another Mod placed it in there. I have not done so intentionally.

Edit: What would it look like or be labeled as? All I have in the Assets folder is the CvGameCoreDLL.dll 3.1.7.0

JosEPh

mmm. I left it in the 0.72. Im not sure you can delete it in a middle of a game. But otherwise you can, and I removed it from .73
I moved the warlords to its own category in 0.73, but didnt give a line of promotions for them, and the tradeposts upgrades cannot harvest the resources that the tradepost can, so Im thinking about uploading a 0.74 sooner rather than later. Just wants to put in a couple of wonders before.

Ran into this small problem when I sent my galley into Joao's territory. He has some kind of new arcology defense screen! :crazyeye:

I was scouting his borders for the 1st time. Seems to be a Exploration fog problem.

JosEPh

Edit: this has occurred 2 more times. And, after zooming out and putting the cursor on the center icon, each of these areas have a Trade post at it's center. So the tradepost, and being close to a coastal tile, when being explored by the player for the 1st time, causes these round pink areas.

interesting. its usually a missing graphic definition, but it sure looks huge.
Its actually not a problem in the game, but when I packed the files. I had put a couple of wonderbuildings from RoM into my building folder, but I didnt want to upload them yet. I just forgot the first step of tradepost was in there too. Definitely a 0.74 today ;)

Hey guys this MOD looks so amazing and ive downloaded it but there was a problem when i started the game everything works fine apart from the tool bar's and mini map is missing ive mite of done something wrong so could some one help and tell me what to do

In Other Words WHAT IS GOING ON HERE

Attachments

• 1fbgds.jpg
    1fbgds.jpg
    529 KB · Views: 204
  • gdsgasdgasa.jpg
    gdsgasdgasa.jpg
    552.9 KB · Views: 267
Try Alt+i ;) (i is for interface and ctrl+i hides some, while alt+i hides all interface.)

And hang on a couple of hours. 0.73 wasnt good, so I'll upload 0.74 in a bit.

edit :
Changelog:

-Non state religions cause unhappiness (We desire religious freedom!)
-Workshop has chance of producing Alcohol, Glassware, Bows&Arrows, Bronze Weapons, Iron Weapons and Firearms.
-Industry has, on top of some that workshop can, the chance of producing Electronics, Synth Rubber, Fuel, Steel, Alloys, Explosives and Automatic weapons.
-Iron is now easier to "find" by mines than any other resource. This should help players and AI, and be a bit more realistic.

Top Bottom