News: TSG6 Announcement

I started playing this game after a few months away from C5 because of numerous reasons including the game itself. Now I have a question that I was hoping to get some help with.

I am not able to save Promotions or Policies in this game it appears either. :hmm:
The "big" update leaves the option open to enable or disable promotion and policy saving. In this game, I left both of these disabled.

I think a case can be made for enable either or both. Not sure what folks want.

Working on TSG7 now and am thinking of enabling promotion saving but not policy saving. :think:

Seems to me that we have lived with promotion saving in nearly all previous version of civ. Policy saving is another story and I think the jury may still be out on its merits? :hmm:

But Huts really makes a huge difference early game...maybe take those off in the future?
I don't agree. The ruins are on everyones map. It's not like the Hall of Fame where players can keep starting over to find better ruins. Sure, it adds a bit a luck, but I think that's part of the game.

Ya, ture. Sorry about that. Wasn't too familiar with the GOTM format.
I was just thinking along the lines of someone's game might have faster start than others if they pop a few good huts.
Also, huts helps AI as well :) But ya, Huts add a bit of excitement and little bit of strategy.

Working on TSG7 now and am thinking of enabling promotion saving but not policy saving. :think:

Seems to me that we have lived with promotion saving in nearly all previous version of civ. Policy saving is another story and I think the jury may still be out on its merits? :hmm:

Depend on GOTM's target audience. Personally I think it's good to alternate these options month after month, so players can experience both sides.

However, for players to effectively plan and leverage policies/promotions, it requires a great deal of familiarization. Enable savings would allow just that.

The downside is instant heal is probably the strongest promotions as of right now @ taking cities, if the winner is to be determined by the earliest winning date for GOTM. Domination is always going to be one of the popular path.

We shall find out.

Would like to break it down b y vc, but we'll see what we get for data and whether we have to break it down manually. :crazyeye:

While we are all learning to play, we are also learning how to compile data and present results. :)

edit - to answer you question, overall winner will be fastest time (earliest date).
This is the first training game we have played where multiple VCs were permitted. In previous GOTM series we have always had separate fastest victory awards for each VC, but there are no awards in these games yet.

If/when we ever get to a situation where we feel we can manage Civ5 games well enough to define awards, with enough participation, I would expect to use a similar awards system to the ones we have had previously.

We are currently just tabulating the results with no particular value judgement being made, other than to order them by win-or-lose and date. We could use alphabetical order if you prefer :hmm:

Top Bottom