For those of us who are greedy...

What would you like to see after Brave New World?

• More DLC civs and scenarios.

Votes: 130 29.2%
  • Another expansion.

Votes: 204 45.8%
  • Neither. Onward to Civ 6.

Votes: 95 21.3%
  • I have no opinion.

Votes: 16 3.6%

• Total voters
Are people living under a rock? I hate to say it this way but MP fixes are one of the more major things coming with the BNW patch and people are completely oblivious.

Anybody else notices that there's a lot of people oblivious to half of the information already out? You guys call yourself fanatics if you don't even know that MP is getting PitBoss, Hybrid Turn and Simoltenous Turns MP etc. xD

Are people living under a rock? I hate to say it this way but MP fixes are one of the more major things coming with the BNW patch and people are completely oblivious.

Anybody else notices that there's a lot of people oblivious to half of the information already out? You guys call yourself fanatics if you don't even know that MP is getting PitBoss, Hybrid Turn and Simoltenous Turns MP etc. xD

They say it will be fixed. I'll believe it when I try it and see that it works.

I could see a third expansion completely reworking the way happiness works, just as BNW is completely reworking culture. I feel like happiness is currently the most un-fun mechanic in the game, it feels pretty arbitrary and gamey.
And adding colonization and revolutions to the mix, and in that vein, heck, why not change how puppets work too, I mean autopilot for some extra gold? Maybe reworking the barbarian system, to justify colonization. And giving some extra use to bonus resources? We don't really need health again, but still...
There are lots of things that would justify a third expansion!

But I've they just continued doing DLC civs, that would be enough to make me happy.

A third expansion, with 7 new civs, 8 new wonders, Colonization, and a re-worked Happiness system, expanded Science and Domination victory, would be fun as hell. Health system, Random Events, and Civilization Quests (not City State quests) would be twice as fun, and maybe a special final scenario that the devs made : Rhyse and Fall of Civilization"

I could see a third expansion completely reworking the way happiness works, just as BNW is completely reworking culture.

It's mostly the Cultural victory condition that's being completely reworked.
You'll still have each city you build slowing down your policy expansion rate. (Lesser extent if going Liberty as always)
It's definitely an improvement to turn the three trees you can't start until late game into ideologies and split both the Piety & Commerce trees though.

As to happiness; if your looking for a switch from global happiness to local happiness; that's way too much for an expansion.
But the problem has more to do with AI playing with completely different rules with regards to happiness (due to poor happiness management) than the system itself.

It's actually the national wonder system that makes building new cities after the half way point of the game a really bad idea. (After Theaters can be built, its easy to get sufficient happiness to support another city [just build them in all current cities] but since that would add a poor production city needing a copy of all buildings needed by the remaining national wonders its just too painful. Easier to conquer someone else's city and puppet it so it doesn't count against you.)

If they would price DLC civs at $2-$3, I would definitely buy them.

I don't play scenarios hardly ever so paying $10 is just silly, for me.

Definitely a new expansion pack that has an Enlightenment era. The way the game is set up now they just mash the 16th - early 19th century together into one short era. I don't think I'm the only one that would like to truly see an Enlightenment era.

Definitely a new expansion pack that has an Enlightenment era. The way the game is set up now they just mash the 16th - early 19th century together into one short era. I don't think I'm the only one that would like to truly see an Enlightenment era.

That part of the tech tree around Industrial is quite screwed up. Railroad should be an Industrial tech, not a Modern one, for example. An extra era to create a bit more space there to put techs in a better order would definitely help.

That part of the tech tree around Industrial is quite screwed up. Railroad should be an Industrial tech, not a Modern one, for example. An extra era to create a bit more space there to put techs in a better order would definitely help.

I agree, from the end of the Medieval era to the beginning of the Atomic era is a bit jumbled up and mashed together. Railroad is definitely an Industrial tech. I'm not even sure why they have 2 separate Infantry units for WWI and WWII when most of the armies used the same small arms in both World Wars (a Cold War infantry unit would be more reasonable). An Enlightenment era would allow an expansion to the military units rather than mashing 16th - 17th century units with 18th - 19th century units. It would also (hopefully) allow another interaction with social policies as it was the Enlightenment era that brought modern democracy to fruition. I'd like something to represent the Age of Revolution

I hope for another expansion maybe changing the science victory a little/make it not as dull. But i'd totally buy DLC if thats what they release.

How would the happiness system be reworked? I'm just curious to hear what people have to say. I think another expansion should make governments more responsive to their people, where you occasionally get requests or demands from your population that you have to deal with or face problems (maybe revolution?) It wouldn't be enough to completely offset your game, but enough so that you aren't the sole autocrat of your country anymore. Maybe they should do something separate from social policies that's government style to better manage your people. I don't know, I just think it's unrealistic that the only reason that you can't do certain things like go to war nonstop is because other countries get mad and your military gets depleted. There should be more to it.

How would the happiness system be reworked? I'm just curious to hear what people have to say. I think another expansion should make governments more responsive to their people, where you occasionally get requests or demands from your population that you have to deal with or face problems (maybe revolution?) It wouldn't be enough to completely offset your game, but enough so that you aren't the sole autocrat of your country anymore. Maybe they should do something separate from social policies that's government style to better manage your people. I don't know, I just think it's unrealistic that the only reason that you can't do certain things like go to war nonstop is because other countries get mad and your military gets depleted. There should be more to it.

I think if they went back to individual cities having separate happiness it would work out better. If one city becomes too unhappy they'll try to secede. Another possibility with the government type is if most of the population is unhappy then they'll have a revolution and if they succeed then you have to change government types (getting a few free policies so you aren't too behind)

I think another expansion should make governments more responsive to their people, where you occasionally get requests or demands from your population that you have to deal with or face problems (maybe revolution?)

I've long been a proponent of some kind of "Rebel Sentiment" mechanic, separate from general happiness, that could lead to rebellions and outright civil war if mishandled. Requests and demands from the populace would definitely be an interesting start. I also want to see more in the way of colonization (as distinct from simply "more cities, but farther away") and a process for revolution and decolonization (like Civ IV's granting of independence). If they made a third expansion with that as the main focus, I'd be one very happy panda. I'd like to say I'd "only" be interested in a third expansion if that were the focus, but in all honesty, that statement would go out the window the moment a third expansion was announced. Whatever they did, I'd follow the news eagerly. Unless it was a purely future-focused thing (if I wanted a sci-fi game, I'd play a sci-fi game), they'd probably manage to get me excited about whatever they were doing.

I don't want a new civ game because it will be the same as civ 5 without expansions and i rather have the old game with all of the expansions than a game with no expansions and it's the same as civ 5 with no expansions. I'm not trying to start a rant but if civ 5 has 3 more expansions after BNW it will cover a lot of stuff and i really don't know what new stuff would be in civ 6. Still hoping we get an expansion that improves the information era ( future era for all without gods and kings) it just feels out of place with giant death robots and no other units from the future and i would like an expansion for stuff from that era even thought most of the games i play i never make it that far and i usually conquer everyone by the industrial era or modern era and sometimes even earlier if i don't wait very long to attack someone.

Next expansion needs to change the combat system. It currently is dull and boring since all you do is build your archers, upgrade them till crossbowmen, then if the war isn't over, rush towards artillery, followed by great war bombers. If its naval, rush towards frigates.

Currently over half of the units in the game are worthless to use like Triremes, Fighters, any late game units past Infantry, and any melee units as long as there is a equivalent range unit. Armies in real life didn't consist of a horde of archers/artillery/bombers followed up by a small regiment of Calvary.

How would the happiness system be reworked? .

This would be for Civ VI since it's way too big for an expansion, but its obvious since for the all previous versions local happiness was used instead.

The problem is that global happiness was the intended primary break on founding new cities and so a replacement for that would need to be added for those going Liberty who ignore most national wonders at the same time. (The previous mechanics than have been tried are the Corruption/waste model of Civ III [Build too many cities and find that cities with the highest city rank number can't really build much of anything] & Civ IV [build too many cities and find them being money pits.]

Global happiness is also tied into Golden Ages; it would amount to removing Golden Ages from the game to remove global happiness (except for Brazil with their UU).

Meanwhile, even a change to local happiness in isolation does nothing about the primary problem of if you start tall with intention of building all the national wonders, even after you have sufficent happiness there's a very strong disincentive to build another city. (A newly built city would slow down remaining national wonders too much by having too low production to easily build them and needing cash rushed; but no such issues with conquering since you just puppet it.)

It would in fact be much easier to fit within Civ V's existing framework a complete overhaul of the national wonder mechanic than replacing global happiness.

Question: if they do decide to make another expansion; what would they change? Espionage and Religion were added with GK, and diplomacy, culture, ideology, and trade were updated with BNW. I don't know what else they can change.

They could add new features, i.e Colonization, Random events, Health, Hell, they could even make Happiness into Stability and keep Happiness the way it was in Civ 4.

They could add new features, i.e Colonization, Random events, Health, Hell, they could even make Happiness into Stability and keep Happiness the way it was in Civ 4.

I doubt they would make a new expansion just for that. Unless BNW is a colossal financial success I see BNW as the last expansion. I do see a DLC with other civs and scenarios, though.

Top Bottom