Planetfall

well i also dont have photoshop, i have GIMP and the little DXTBmp converter with an airoplane icon. it dosnt look like this dds converter has sharpening settings either. could Wodan use the dds files? why not jpg?

I can easily convert them for you... Jpg is fine though I don't believe it will carry an alpha channel (if you even have one set).

Wodan

those are really nice Reckoning. just a tip though: those boarders wont show up in game becasue you need to add in the Civ4 boarder and alpha channel to make them look right. you could always change the Civ4 boarders from grey to yellow/red etc

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=137012

though I'm not sure how much it does of what is needed.

That sucks. I seem to remember they worked before. :hmm: Anyway, Ellestar is rewriting the unit-related code in the SDK, so hopefully we'll have something functioning in version 3.

They have something similar working properly in the FfH mod, with the different metal levels. Maybe look at their code?

Isn't jpeg a format with loss, meaning it's bad a format if you need to do some conversions and modifications to the file. At least IIRC Rubin said so.

jpg is a compressed format, and yes it loses data. If, however, the original is jpg, then there's nothing to be done.

The real solution is to have any new icons made using vector graphics, from which they are used to directly output the dds (or other) files.

Wodan

oh! yeh your right, i never noticed that change before (i had to put both of them side by side to notice the difference :p) I know converting to .dds makes details all screwy, but never knew jpg did it too.

Great Mod! I am looking forward to the final version.

I had an assets crash, and I didn't hit "Ignore" quick enough, and the game crashed. When I tried to load an autosave, I got the message that it is version 301, and it needs 300 or lower.

Second, I think IoD's come too early, and without a counter. Unless you beeline Doc: Initiative, they will destroy all you water improvements, which cripples a lot of your economy.

I got an XML Error:

ANIMATIONPATH_BOMBARD not found
Civ4EntityEventInfos.xml

Then closed to Start Screen where I could select Single or Multiplayer

I had an assets crash, and I didn't hit "Ignore" quick enough, and the game crashed. When I tried to load an autosave, I got the message that it is version 301, and it needs 300 or lower.

:confused: Is it possible you don't have patch 313?

I got an XML Error:

ANIMATIONPATH_BOMBARD not found
Civ4EntityEventInfos.xml

Then closed to Start Screen where I could select Single or Multiplayer

Did this happen during Civ4 loading, or during a game? Was anything special happening, were you bombarding with some unit or being bombarded?

I have 3.13.

Another comment about the early game is Locusts of Chiron. A pack invaded my territory early, and ate a Former. Although they are not strong, 8 moves means that they can come out of the fog and eat workers, and maybe capture a base. Even if I stack stuff onto a Former, the Locusts still have decent odds of winning (up to 50%).

I have 3.13.

I wouldn't know what's the problem then. :confused: What's an assets crash btw? Or do you mean assert?

Another comment about the early game is Locusts of Chiron. A pack invaded my territory early, and ate a Former. Although they are not strong, 8 moves means that they can come out of the fog and eat workers, and maybe capture a base. Even if I stack stuff onto a Former, the Locusts still have decent odds of winning (up to 50%).

Yeah I know those Locusts and IoD are a pain at the moment. Not sure how to fix it though. For the Locusts they could perhaps only start appearing at a minimum Flowering Counter level. Not sure what to do with IoDs though. If these only would start spawning after a certain date, and someone researches foil early, that player could explore much of the map without any opposition.

:Did this happen during Civ4 loading, or during a game? Was anything special happening, were you bombarding with some unit or being bombarded?

It happened during loading. I never got to the game. I completely uninstalled CIV IV & BtS, then reloaded the whole thing from scratch and updated to 313 before trying to install Planetfall. Everything should have been good to go. :confused:

I uploaded version two of Planetfall. It's mainly a graphical update. Gameplay changes to follow in the third version! Though one thing of note: as a test I've halved research costs to see if the game flows better then.

Planetfall is brought to you by:

Yeah I know those Locusts and IoD are a pain at the moment. Not sure how to fix it though. For the Locusts they could perhaps only start appearing at a minimum Flowering Counter level. Not sure what to do with IoDs though. If these only would start spawning after a certain date, and someone researches foil early, that player could explore much of the map without any opposition.

How about IoDs can't destroy improvements, but Sealurks can, and only Sealurks spawn later?

Version 2 looks good, it just crashed me when I clicked next turn at the very start of my turn, when some borders expanded.

Spoiler :
Assert Failed

File: g:\games\sid meier's civilization 4\beyond the sword\mods\_pf bts\tmp\sdk_bts\cvgamecoredll\cvcity.cpp
Line: 7973
Expression: iNewValue >= 0

----------------------------------------------------------

Top Bottom