Patch 1.1 CTD

OK when you'll finish fixing it (or not ;)) send me what you've made (put on ftp) - i'll try to finish the other files today @ home :)

If you have already numbers (& # 225 ; - without spaces) - that's good - it's how the non-latin letters should be coded if you find é, ä, ö, ø, ß, å, etc. just change it for example to e, a, o, o, s, a - you can also change to proper numbers like this & # 225 ;

http://isthe.com/chongo/tech/comp/html-charset.html

so instead é type & # 233 ; - without spaces - but it's much work

If you see wierd letters try to use XML Markup or PSPad

I'm such a novice at this... Not really understanding xml.

However, I used the 01 windows NT command program, and yes... it converts with "code" to all the numbers you mention, i.e. &#225, etc. However, they were already like that. So, I decoded... and it doesn't work in PSPad. So I reencoded back to the numbers as you requested. I use PSPad to make sure it works again. However - CIV4GameTextInfos_Warlords_WW2_Cities.xml file does not convert properly. Maybe have a look at that and see why??? All the others converted back and forth just fine.

Let me know if having the numbers is fine, or if I should convert to regular letters...

about the Cities.xml - i had the same problem with last file in filelist.txt when i first time used this program

make sure you hit <enter> in the filelist.txt at the end of all the files
so at the end of line CIV4GameTextInfos_Warlords_WW2_Cities.xml hit <enter>

about the Cities.xml - i had the same problem with last file in filelist.txt when i first time used this program

make sure you hit <enter> in the filelist.txt at the end of all the files
so at the end of line CIV4GameTextInfos_Warlords_WW2_Cities.xml hit <enter>
O.K... that's weird. But, it works now with putting the cursor on the next line <Enter>...

So... if these are all encoded correctly, then they are NOT the problem correct?

yes -> all changed to numbers are correct (it's how firaxis makes)
and all not changed to numbers causing troubles.

I send pm to the creator of this program - maybe he could expand this program not only change polish letters but all west and central european letters. if he would do that it would ease the job with cleaning civilopedia.

ok that means they are fine (and was too) - just correct the non-latin letters
to numbers looking on this
http://isthe.com/chongo/tech/comp/html-charset.html
or change é, ä, ö, etc. to e, a, o,
it depends what's easier for you :)

Sorry, I don't understand what you need? They are already converted to numbers like shown in the html-charset.html page. They work in PSPad fine. I have been checking the other files, i.e. diplomacy, etc... and I am half way through list - all SEEM to have the correct CharacterSet Numbers...

If they have the correct numbers and open in PSPad, they should be alright and no further changes required???

Sorry, I don't understand what you need? They are already converted to numbers like shown in the html-charset.html page. They work in PSPad fine. I have been checking the other files, i.e. diplomacy, etc... and I am half way through list - all SEEM to have the correct CharacterSet Numbers...

If they have the correct numbers and open in PSPad, they should be alright and no further changes required???

yes exactly :)

I found this one bug to let the example what we're looking for:
open CIV4GameTextInfos_Warlords_WW2_Great_People.xml

Code:
        <TEXT>
            <Tag>TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_PAUL_HERMANN_MULLER</Tag>
            <English>Paul Hermann M&#252;ller</English>
            <French>Paul Hermann M&#252;ller</French>
            <German>Paul Hermann M&#252;ller</German>
            <Italian>Paul Hermann M&#252;ller</Italian>
            <Spanish>Paul Hermann M&#252;ller</Spanish>
        </TEXT>

This letters "&#252;" shoul be changed to & # 252; (without spaces) or mark it just as letter "u"

Just because they open in PSPad doesn't mean they work do they???

I see some problems in the Tupolew TB-3 description in the UnitsPedia and conversions that didn't convert... Have a look. niezwyk&#179;ych samolot&#243;w IT SHOULD BE: niezwyk & #244;ych samolot&#243 ...So a conversion was not done on the UnitsPedia page...
HOW will we KNOW we haven't missed one character somewhere??? If PSPad still allows unauthorized characters and it still opens the page, is there another that will error the page out???

Just because they open in PSPad doesn't mean they work do they???

I see some problems in the Tupolew TB-3 description in the UnitsPedia and conversions that didn't convert... Have a look. niezwyk³ych samolotów

yup it's one of the bugs - it's why i want to turn off civilopedia until next patch - it would be like looking needle in the haystack
so if you want you may check all files except that have in the end: Pedia.xml (in Pedia.xml - i put civilopedia)

and yes you're right niezwyk & #244;ych samolot & # 243;w (without spaces)

Well... I've converted the UnitsPedia page now also, along with Diplomacy page besides the first 5 you gave me. HOW will I know I have not missed one symbol???

Hehe good question :cowboy:
I don't know - i'll check this files again after you check but it still some probability that 1-2 left - but it's possible that it won't affect stability of mod.

When friend would expand his program to change other letters and weird signs to this numbers the problem would be finally solved. Hovever i don't know when it will be done, so we need to check all that Desc and Strategy files and turn off the Pedia to finish patch today :)

I believe some text editing is still being fixed and is a CTD problem if you don't play the game in English.

No! English is causing ctd probs! German works fine! I don't know about the other languages, I haven't tested them.
Look into the files and you'll see german tags are different having other strings on gender and plural, this could be issue!?

No! English is causing ctd probs! German works fine! I don't know about the other languages, I haven't tested them.
Look into the files and you'll see german tags are different having other strings on gender and plural, this could be issue!?

I have no crashes in English... You have no crashes in German... WHERE to look???

It would be good to clean all the languages - i use only english and sometimes i get crash there - i don't play polish (french) so i don't know how it works there.

i'm not 100&#37; sure if it will help but i's very probable that the instability lays in TEXT files - we need to try this. So both cleaned graphics (wich i made yesterday and my english version stopped CTD) ant TXT wich are we cleaning today should increase stability or even fix CTD.

If the CTD would appear further it means it could be soomwhere in python or sdk:suicide:

It would be good to clean all the languages - i use only english and sometimes i get crash there - i don't play polish (french) so i don't know how it works there.

i'm not 100% sure if it will help but i's very probable the instability lays in TEXT files - we need to try this. So both cleaned graphics (wich i made yesterday and my english version stopped CTD) ant TXT wich are we cleaning today should increase stability or even fix CTD.

If the CTD would appear further it means it could be soomwhere in python or sdk:suicide:

Hopefully the cleaned text will help - it certainly had incorrect symbols.

Anyway, I'm going crazy looking at lines of text, so I did the five you assigned and the other two and uploaded them onto FTP server under Jungle folder. Hopefully, I haven't missed some silly symbol...

Good luck - I have to go to bed shortly as you get stuck into your busy day!!

Ok thank you Jim :) Good job :)

@ Hardner
This gender and plural was taken from vanilla civ4 so should be ok this way
but i check this today once again :) i have whole afternoon for it :crazyeye:

I have no crashes in English... You have no crashes in German... WHERE to look???

@ Hardner
This gender and plural was taken from vanilla civ4 so should be ok this way
but i check this today once again :) i have whole afternoon for it :crazyeye:

I think every text file could be affected. Every file I looked at had these differences with gender and plural. I was just guessing because german is the only language that has these strings in these tags.:confused:
Also in the civics_strategy and _desc there are missing tags for french (polish) causing empty spaces in the civics screen while running the game in german. Don't know why, but usually it should work because all other language tags are correctly defined, but somehow there these spaces. Just a minor prob.

Top Bottom