THE Civ of the Week Thread!

Really???

Actually it's been a really long time, and I sort of put the whole Civ of a Week franchise on hold, partly because I can't find the time to make really good unique leaderheads. I was originally working on a Bavaria CotW to get things out of the way, but... Yeah.

I'll try to look into it again, since the Civs of the Weeks aren't that difficult to do - it was really just the leaderhead that was the time-consuming part.

Yep, I thought you got enough of LH making.
I only tried to play with blender for a few hours, it was more than enough for me :)

IIRC there were the Mamluks, Mughals, maybe 1-2 more you said will do soon.
The only LH you said will finish soon was Abaoji for the Khitans
Will check the civs right away

EDIT: These were the latest suggestions (apart from Srivijaya and Bavaria):
redo Mughals + update LHs: Ekmek's Akbar, Capo wanted to make Babur for them (though he may changed his mind since then)
remake Khitans + new LHs: your Abaoji would go here, and I think Den's Kuchlug Khan was also pretty good
Mamluks with veBear's Baibars
Maybe a separate Moorish CotW

Alright, thanks so much for doing the work of compiling everything that I could have done myself. :mwaha:

I got a new computer since then, and I guess making a civ or two is a good way to give the new computer a good introduction to the world of civ4 modding. :D

Alright, thanks so much for doing the work of compiling everything that I could have done myself. :mwaha:

Hey, you asked for it :p ;)

I got a new computer since then, and I guess making a civ or two is a good way to give the new computer a good introduction to the world of civ4 modding. :D

Cool :goodjob:

Here's the files :)

Good news folks, cyberxkhan and I are cooperating on a new civ :goodjob:

Download files and you'll see a reskin of Abaoji that will serve as LH 2, Qaitbay ;)

I did however not have time to change his BG, so you'll have to deal with that cyber. Will not be able to mod until next week :)

@Huayna Capac: We're basically doing the Mamluks. I should be finished with it within two-three days at the latest.

@veBear: No problem, backgrounds are pretty easy anyways. I've also changed a couple of the values for Baibars' LH personality, if you don't mind.

Alright, finally done with the Mamluks. Big credit to veBear who worked on this with me, particularly since he did the Leaderheads, and I didn't need to. :mwaha: Next is Bavaria to fulfill a request made long, long, long ago.

Anyhow, you can check out the first post of this thread (finally we get something new) or the downloads section of CFC. Without further ado, veBear and I both proudly present...

I finished Qaitbay in a hurry, so I might get back to him on Monday when I get home again, as there are certain things I wish to fix (mainly the belt that holds the sword and his skin, both which needs a bit of sharpening) ;)

May we sense v2 coming up soon then? If you allow me, I can go through it to check textbugs (I did se one, where I assumed you copied and the ' between the word and the s were gone and replaced by a space) too, so you could correct those :goodjob:

Else... looks very good mate :D

^Yeah, no problem. Maybe can you add a Middle-Eastern-esque mustache or beard or something on him too?

Don't have blender anymore, so that might be hard, but maybe you could do that ;)

One problem with Vandals though... their Capital was Carthage, and we alreadye have a civ with that city as Capital, and a Carthaginian Empire without Carthage as a city is kind of ridicilous :hammer2:

One problem with Vandals though... their Capital was Carthage, and we alreadye have a civ with that city as Capital, and a Carthaginian Empire without Carthage as a city is kind of ridicilous :hammer2:

Well, sort of like the Istanbul and Constantinople thing, isn't it? Guess it'll just have to be handwaved, eh?

Anyhow... I have finished another Civ of the Week. This was requested long ago, and I hope it might still be of use. Presenting:

Next is Burma.

there are several mods with Italy where the capital is Roma instead of Rome
for the Vandals it could be Carthago instead of Carthage

Well, sort of like the Istanbul and Constantinople thing, isn't it? Guess it'll just have to be handwaved, eh?

... except from teh fact that the Ottomans and Byzantines had their capital go by different names. Therefore this can actually work. However, adding citynames so alike such as Rome and Roma or in this case, Carthage and Carthago, should not be allowed. Those names are too close to each other.

However, here's a quote from the Wiki page on Genseric:
Wikipedia: Genseric said:
Taking advantage of a dispute between Boniface, Roman governor of North Africa, and the Roman government, Genseric ferried all 80,000 of his people across to Africa in 429. Once there, he won many battles over the weak and divided Roman defenders and quickly overran the territory now comprising modern Morocco and northern Algeria. His Vandal army laid siege to the city of Hippo Regius (where Augustine had recently been bishop — he died during the siege), taking it after 14 months of bitter fighting. The next year, Roman Emperor Valentinian III recognized Genseric as king of the lands he and his men had conquered.

They did not conquer Carthage until 10 years later, so Hippo Regius could be their capital, and Carthage their second city in the city list. Then we will not have a Carthaginian civilization without Carthage as their capital, and the Vandals get to build Carthage if the Carthaginians are not in game. Problem solved :thumbsup:

Top Bottom