Large Mafia Game- The Dinner Party

It probably tastes like chicken.

I see we've been serving Spam as an appetizer... :scan:

Okay, I think we are ready to begin. Let me send out the roles to people, and we'll get things underway.

AND SO IT BEGINS....

"That was a lovely meal, Professor Askvaard!"

Indeed, a finer meal they had never tasted. These people were mostly from the upper crust of society... Senators, lawyers, judges, scientists, media moguls, and wealthy businessmen and women. Although the entrees served were simple, they were absolutely delicious and made from only the finest ingredients. The chef was rumored to be a genius who made seven figures a year, serving only the most elite clientele in all the land.

Askvaard: "My friends, I've invited you all here to announce that I will be made the new Dean of Mozzarella University. In celebration of this achievement of my lifelong dreams, I wanted to surround myself will all my closest friends and give them a meal they'd never forget. But it occurs to me that a party just isn't complete without a party game. Wouldn't this evening be made even more memorable with a game? Perhaps a game that utilizes our obviously superior wits and intellect?"

The many dinner guests nodded in agreement. It was a splendid idea.

Askvaard: "Great! Okay, here's how the game is played. No one may leave the mansion until the game is complete. I had the butler lock the doors and windows, and I have the only keys. No breaking my expensive windows, now!"

The others chuckled nervously. Was it really necessary to lock them in? It was just a game, after all.

Askvaard: "The game will be split into 'day' and 'night' phases. During the 'day', you will accuse one another of being the dastardly, murdering 'mafia' among you. When you've made your selection, by a democratic vote, you will then 'lynch' the offending player and they will be 'dead'. They can still talk and accuse people, but they can't vote. And I'd actually prefer they lay perfectly still on the carpeting and do their best to pretend to be dead, because it adds to the atmosphere.

Those of you who are 'dead' will be splattered with red food coloring to indicate where you've been wounded. (Don't worry, it washes out! It's perfectly safe!) Feel free to give us a nice, hammy bit of dramatic death acting before you go. It's all in good fun, of course.

During the 'night', I'll shut off all the lights in the mansion, and the 'mafia' will sneak off and 'murder' some of you. When you've been hit, you must lay down and start pretending to be dead, minus your occasional accusatory comment during the day phases, of course.

Those of you who I haven't already spoken to are considered the "townsfolk". You're innocent, good-guy civilians who wouldn't hurt a fly, except you've got to find the 'mafia' by lynching people. The rest of you I've spoken to already were given a special role to play in this game. You are to follow my hidden instructions exactly! No breaking the rules!"

They noticed that the guests had been divided into the soup eaters, the beef eaters, and the chicken eaters.

Askvaard: "Oh yes, and there's some significance to who ate what entree.... maybe. Maybe there isn't. I'd certainly love for you to guess why I've done that! Tee hee! One small matter.... I won't announce if you've caught one of the guilty scumbags, until you've caught them all. I wouldn't want to make things too easy on you!"

It did sound like a fun game. Surely this was going to be the best Dinner Party ever!

RULES:

• No screenshots.
  • No quoting your Private Message. You may reveal who or what you are, but NO QUOTING!
  • No working around these rules via translating, or playing guessing games and then confirming correct guesses. Please play fairly.
  • You're allowed to speak while "dead" unless specifically told otherwise.
  • The game ends when all the bad guys have been lynched, and not before... unless the bad guys have prevailed!
  • This is a relatively simple game with a twist. No, I'm not playing, but thanks for being paranoid. ;)
  • Private communication between the "alive" and "dead" players is not allowed. Talk to them publicly.

"Alive" - (36/36)

Autolycus- SOUP
Choxorn- SOUP
civplayah- SOUP
GamezRule- SOUP
General Olaf- SOUP
Jarrema- SOUP
Kennigit- SOUP
Nictel- SOUP
Renata- SOUP
robbiecon- SOUP
taillesskangaru- SOUP
Takhisis- SOUP

BSmith- CHICKEN
CivGeneral- CHICKEN
classical_hero- CHICKEN
Earthling- CHICKEN
Mechaerik- CHICKEN
NarutoAvatarDBZ- CHICKEN
Neverwonagame3- CHICKEN
Red_Spy- CHICKEN
Romanichine- CHICKEN
Seon- CHICKEN
Skwink Caesar- CHICKEN
Winston Hughes- CHICKEN

Arakhor- BEEF
Bestrfcplayer- BEEF
Camikaze- BEEF
Darth Caesar- BEEF
Joecoolyo- BEEF
johnhughthom- BEEF
landlubber- BEEF
mgsmuhammed- BEEF
Save Ferris- BEEF
The Bake- BEEF
Yoshiegg737- BEEF
Zack- BEEF

"Dead" - (0/36)

Nobody!

BEGIN NIGHT ONE.

NIGHT ONE WILL LAST FOR 45 HOURS, or until I've gotten all the orders I need. After that, you'll try to find the murderers among you.

Round should end at or before 0200 (2AM) on Monday the 27th, Eastern Time USA.

We start with a night phase? Ooh, lovely...

It seems people fancy having some reason to accuse people on the first day. "You're probably the one who killed so-and-so!" as opposed to "I accuse you for no reason. You've got a funny name."

So I can use my "Win" ability at the start of the game? This won't cause anything bad to happen, will it? :p

So I can use my "Win" ability at the start of the game? This won't cause anything bad to happen, will it? :p

Why don't you try it and find out. Are you chicken? :king:

Spoiler :
Okay, no apparently, you're soup.

Telegraphed joke ahoy!! :D

I FoS everyone not eating chicken. The fact they would select inferior food options is quite scummy.

Beef? Inferior?!

Hah!

How can the meat of a slain animal which was several times larger be inferior?

Next you'll be mudslinging at crocodile, or even elephant!

Please say when you do so I can use my one shot "Anti-win" ability.

Lady Weston-Hogues sat feeding left-over chicken to a large, nervous-looking cat which lay curled up on her lap.

There you go, Mr Fluffums. It's a bit tough, I agree, and the flavour is none too subtle. But I suppose it's as good as one can expect when dining at an American table.

She drains a large glass of Chateaux La Mondotte Saint-Emilion '96 in one gulp.

Wine's not bad, though...

I had the butler lock the doors and windows, and I have the only keys. No breaking my expensive windows, now...

And I'd actually prefer they lay perfectly still on the carpeting and do their best to pretend to be dead, because it adds to the atmosphere...

Those of you who are 'dead' will be splattered with red food coloring to indicate where you've been wounded...

For some reason, I remembered the moment when I tasted my soup...

As I started eating my beef soup, I realized someone had poured hot sauce into it. Quickly drinking some water, I realized that this was no mistake- someone had done it to me on purpose. Who were they? What did they want?

I looked directly at Askvaard. There was... Something strange in the way he was looking at everyone. He gave a suspicious glance back at me, and I tried to avert my attention to Mr. Fluffums.

So I guess not revealing on death is the new big thing in mafia gaming?

Top Bottom