Report Bug, Get Patch

stmartin

aka. poyuzhe
Hey guys, please post here any bugs you found in the game. All patches below are cumulative, which means you only need the latest patch. Unless specifically noted, patches are save game compatible.

Current Release: 2.5
Current Patch: Patch E

fix list:

0.311: fix: fixed hero duplication bug(which is the cause of all the CTDs we are aware of)
fixed hero screen display problem (due to technical reasons random heroes cannot order alphabetically; they are at the bottom of each class, order themselves by the year of creation)

0.310: fix: fixed a bug in army system that non-guard legion core troop also get leader hero's core troop promotion
fixed a bug a hero in army could sometime choose the leader hero's potential promotion when leveling
fixed a bug a newly generated leader hero may be willing to surrender if captured
fixed a bug when Ma Teng and Han Sui are present in a scenario at the same time, Han Sui would still choose Ma Teng as his successor

0.309: fix: fixed a bug when a legion unit who has irritation promotion dies in combat, a CTD occurs
fixed a bug about random heroes don't appear upon creation
balance: Quelling and Suppressing promotion's strength modifier against non-revival unit reduces to 15%
adjust hero trade value to be less dependent on hero's loyalty, increase with game turn and influenced by game speed
rule tweak: removed hero's ability to move all terrain, as it causes some serious AI problem
capture enemy leader triggers temporary leader succession; each more turn captured, there's a chance for the succession is turn permanent
interface: order heroes alphabetically

0.308: fix: fix phantom blockading caused by defeating a hidden nationality unit

0.307: fix: fix the capture last city CTD bug once and for all
fix a type-induced CTD in CAR Mod
rule tweak: heroes can now walk all terrain
on no city scenarios the initial leader hero will join faction at start

0.306: fix: fix a bug when capture the last city of an enemy CTD may occur
fix a screen bug a captured hero displayed as recruitable
fix a bug when there's only one unit in army, selecting nine transformation promotion results in army dismissed
fix a bug in 194AD map some heroes do not appear properly

0.305: fix: fix few CTDs
fix a bug a non-guardian member hero in an Army cannot acquire core troop promotion as usual.

Known Issues:

none.

btw,it also happends on my friend's 313 chinese version,though his pc seems to have some problems.

Strange. It has never happened to me. What civ and leader do you pick? Will it always crash whenever you regenerate map using whatever civ and leader?

it seems happend to cao cao and liu bei as well as sun ce so far i have tried,it is fine with zhang xiu.

my game would survive 0nly if i do not choose the no hero death option,and i will not be given any heroes i used to own after i regenerate the map.

Your install only goes to Beyond the Sword, not BtS/mod/ it wont interfere with regular BtS will it??

i think i install it in the right way,plus the provided file is an exe-type file,actually i don't need to do it manually. i am so sad to be the only one to own this problem :sad:

yea its quite convenient, it uses a exe and it installs to the correct place, and even includes a shortcut so you don't have to go through the whole "load mod" phase

Patch A for Release 2.01 has just come out. It will break save game. It does not support original Release 2. Sorry guys who is still playing original release 2 but since with this patch you need to start a new game, it probably is the best opportunity to redownload Release 2.01.

Fixes:

1. revise a bug that Yuan Shao's UU replace wrong Unit
2. revise some spelling errors and change commanderies goverment into commandery
3. revise the kfm bug in swift archer and xianbei horseman
4. fixed sea lord promotion
5. fixed a Bug when a hero attached to ships in city and the city lost, the hero will disappear but still belongs to old civ
6. fixed a Bug that when a civ's last is lost but there's still heroes attached to units elsewhere, the civ will remain alive
7. fixed a Bug that champion attaching to legion member will grant experience to legion hero

Additions:

1. added main menu backgound image(by koap)
2. added loading screen(by koap)
3. changed advocates' color(by koap)
4. added Taishi Ci's unit model(by Bakuel)
5. added tech diffusion
6. added hero maintenance (as extra unit cost, 2 * level -1)

Adjustments:

1. reduced great wall and dujiang irrigation system's great people points
2. lower the bonus of elite melee and elite cavalry promotions
3. increased city maintenance and civic upkeep

why would this happend?

Assert Failed

File: CvGame.cpp
Line: 5263
Expression: getUnitClassCreatedCount(eIndex) <= GC.getUnitClassInfo(eIndex).getMaxGlobalInstances()
Message: Index is expected to be within maximum bounds (invalid Index)

----------------------------------------------------------

I forgot to replace the dll in the patch A with a release version. So it will show error messages when it happen. I have reuploaded patch A.

Anyway, this is an error message, congratulations! So please attach a save game prior to the message.

ok after trolling through all of my recent save files of that Lu Bu campaign, I finally found 1 save game where Gao Shun's units aren't bugged. Of course it was the very last one I tried, and was just over 4 hours of game play prior to the game actually crashing.

If you finish killing Liu Bei, except for the last city down south/east, then make peace for whatever you can. Then move the army down to Yuan Shu, and make him capitulate, then by the time thats done, the treaty with Liu Bei will be over, make him capitulate also.

Then move the main army up to Yuan Shao, and wait for a little while, build up forges and levee's in the appropriate cities, then build up army and declare war. Let him come to you and kill his main army (he still outnumbered me at least 2:3 when I DoW'd, but my huge stack of xbows and 2 turns worth of slaughter and his main battle stack was completely dead), and you will be exactly where I was on the original save game that I posted in the other thread.

I think it is like I said in the other thread though. One of Gao Shun's non-core units died and it didn't do a correct check and adjust. All the save game's prior to this, if you do push any buttons on any Gao Shun unit it will crash. And to top it off the actual Gao Shun core unit had zero buttons to push.

I'll attach the last known good one (Early May 206) and if you want I still have like 2 others that are older than the original I posted, but Gao is bugged in them also. It seemed to have happened in the war vs Liu Bei.

btw that was on the older version 2.0 I believe (the first one to have an installer). I got the newer one now and the patch and so far haven't had this problem. :)

This is not really a bug, but the new patch basically disbands all my starting units because I don't have enough cash even just to maintain them. Can we please decrease the expenditure of maintenance?

Yes, it happens to on the biggest map. Cao Cao has too many units and Liu Zhang's city are too far away.

You can edit the 'MAX_DISTANCE_CITY_MAINTENANCE' tag in Assets\XML\GlobalDefinesAlt.xml

Current value is 40, original value is 25, pick a number you like, for now.

Well, I'm trying my best to play within the mod. So I didn't change the numbers, I just adjusted which tiles I'm working and so far as Liu Zhang on the small! map (200 AD) I don't even have state monopoly (Wang Lang already has that and ancient dictionary). I would probably do 30 for city maintenance.

Top Bottom