Magic Student Upgrade

modmyciv

Warlord
Hello,

Have these nice new Student units. It was suggested in the unit thread that I use these to upgrade to various wizards, these are set as King units so you can't build them.

Student - immobile upgrades to Mage
Mage - set as King, tech required None, Civs selected, upgrades to
Wizard - same, down the tree, each civs gets his/her own unit.

One building - units depend on civ and limits the numbers, nice.

No joy though - upgrade no available. Am i missing something?

Does the Student have to be a King too?

Thanks

You have to have a barracks or other improvement in the city which "Allows Veteran Ground Units."

You have to have enough money to cover the upgrade.

I'm assuming they aren't Army units? If so, the city you upgrade them would also need a wonder allowing you to "Build Army Units".

Thanks but,

Barracks - check, Gold - check

Coming round to the idea that only King units can upgrade to King units, so will test.

CML

Just had a look at my mod which has long chains of units. Once I've gone to a King unit every upgrade after that is to a unit labelled as a King and it works. There maybe other ways but this works.

Your units do not need to start as King units... I use the Battle Ceated unit or a building to produced a unit which require a resource which is not available, this unit will still be built by the building without the resource, but will not be available to be built any other way.

These unique units can then be upgraded anyway you wish before arriving as a King unit.

Take a look at EFZI. There are a few truly unique units in there which iirc are kings which upgrade. Don't necessarily need to play it all the way through. But if you look at the settings in the editor that should give you some idea of what to do.

Thanks all, been fiddling and success, there was a break in the upgrade path - doh!

Top Bottom