Cross-Platform Civ3 Editor

Cross-Platform Editor for Conquests now available! 1.48

After breathing new life into the Pismo, and installing Tiger 10.4.11, I have tested FileValet on it. I can't reproduce the issues you are having with not being able to set the drag and drop Actions. However, it doesn't seem to be saving the uncompressed file after a drag and drop.

I'll have to set up a remote debugging seup to investigate, but meanwhile you can use the old fashioned approach in OS X 10.4 Tiger (and/or more recent versions):

- Launch FileValet
- Select the File->Open menu option
- Select the BIQ you wish to expand and click Open
- The file will be loaded, and a windows will tell you whether it is compressed or expanded.
- Select the File->Save As ... menu option.
- Uncheck Compressed at the bottom of the window, change the name and location if you require.
- Click Save.

This will work both ways, to expand or compress a file.

I have downloaded FileValet three times, and now all it does in bounce about 4 times before giving me an "application has quit unexpectedly" error message. I will just juggle things back and forth as needed. Besides, based on the lack of posts, I seem to be the only one worried about it. No sense wasting any more time on it.

I don't like being beaten :)

Try deleting the preferences. They are at:

~/Library/Preferences/net.civfanatics.alanh.FileValet.plist

Failing that, please can you post or email a crash log? It's at:

~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/FileValet.crash.log

My email is alanh <at> civfanatics <dot> net

I don't like being beaten :)

Try deleting the preferences. They are at:

~/Library/Preferences/net.civfanatics.alanh.FileValet.plist

Failing that, please can you post or email a crash log? It's at:

~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/FileValet.crash.log

My email is alanh <at> civfanatics <dot> net

I have no interest in spending any more time over the issue.

Thanks. I'll not bother you again, either.

Been a bit busy with academics, but I have had the chance to test on an Intel iMac with OSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and Java 1.6 and 1.5, with faked Civ3 directory structure and art files copied from Windows Civ3 (I believe it was version 0.50 of the editor I tested). It worked exactly as expected on Java 1.6. With Java 1.5, there were slight graphical imperfections - in a few places, the last half-letter of a label was missing. However, as I didn't see any areas where that impaired legibility, I am not going to make that a primary issue. It's also possible that that problem resulted from installing the Leopard release of Java 1.5 on Snow Leopard (there is no Java 1.5 on Snow Leopard normally). If this also is an issue on Leopard or Tiger and is impairing readability, I'll increase its priority.

I think I've addressed all posts targeted towards me that someone else didn't answer. If I missed one, let me know (and which post it was) and I'll go back to it the next time I'm on.

I got an error. Whenever i try to save a file, "java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException -1"

Can you check log.txt and see if an error was recorded there? This error should have been recorded there, along with a long list of details about where exactly the error occured (a long list of lines that contain names such as com.civfanatics.civ3.xplatformeditor, java.lang., and so on, and line numbers at the end of the line (not matching the actual number of the line in the log.txt file)). I'll take a look and see if I can figure out why this might be happening, but the more detailed error information will help quite a bit in pinpointing the error.

Thanks Quintillus. The extra error reporting solved my problem. I was telling the Editor where to find my Civ3 application, which is in /Applications/Civ III Complete/. However, the new version reported that it couldn't find ntp00.pcx. After some trial and error I discovered it actually wanted to know where the Art/ folder is, not where the Civ3 application lives. When I gave it that folder path it was happy.

So my .ini file now looks like:

Code:
openDir=/Applications/Conquests/Scenarios
civInstallDir=/Applications/Civ III Complete/Civilization 3 Game Data/
firstRun=false
It seems to load BIQ files OK on a quick check, and I can save a BIQ file, but I haven't worked out how to Import from a .SAV file yet.

Ahhhh... that would do it. That is a different structure from how it is on Windows, even Civ3Complete (not Vanilla + Conquests) on Windows. I could either update the "Welcome" dialog to provide better information on OSX, or change the way the editor searches for art files and such on OSX. However, I'm still a bit confused - there's both an /Applications/Conquests folder and an /Applications/Civ III Complete folder? Is the Conquests data (art, scenarios, text files, etc.) all in /Applications/Conquests, and Vanilla/PTW stuff in /Applications/Civ III Complete?

What I'll need to know ultimately to ensure predictable, reliable behavior is:

• Where the base Civilization III/Art folder is (not Conquests)
  • Where the Civilization III/Conquests/Art folder is (this is /Applications/Civ III Complete/Civilization 3 Game Data/Art)
  • Where the Civilization III/Conquests/Scenarios folder is (/Applications/Conquests/Scenarios ?)
  • Where the Civilization III/Scenarios folder is (not Conquests)

Moderator Action: I have merged the two threads, with the other one redirecting here. That way the bug reports, etc. are in one place (easier for people to follow).

Thanks! Good work on the merge, too! I know what you mean about time being scarce - try the editor whenever you're able, no rush.

You can run an AppleScript from the command line if you compile the AppleScript as a runnable application, then call it using

> open <full_path_to_your_script_file>

Thanks - that's the same sort of command I used to open the Java Preferences dialog in Snow Leopard, now I know more of what it means! :cool: I'll take a look at it the next time I'm in the Mac lab (probably not this weekend as it's usually closed on the weekend), and see if I can figure out the scripting. Once I've got it scripting, calling it from Java shouldn't be too hard.

I implemented the PKWARE expansion algorithm in Cocoa for FileValet. This is an Objective-C port I wrote some years ago, based on a Java utility called MapStat, which was written by chiefpaco. I first poked my coding pencil into it in order to adapt it to read the old Civ3 vanilla GOTM saves. The source code is provided in that thread, so there's a ready-made piece of 8-year-old Java code for the task if you want it.

Cool, I'll take a look at it and see if it works off the bat or with minimal modifications. If so, perhaps it's the Tiger decompression solution.

edit: Tried out the decompression part of chiefpaco's program, and it seems to be working with Conquests .biq's! I'll include it as an option in 0.52. As AlanH has just updated FileValet, chiefpaco hasn't been here for four years, and I haven't a clue what is actually being done to decompress the file (and thus how to fix it should something go wrong), I think it makes sense for FileValet to be the default for OSX 10.5 and 10.6 (and optional for 10.4), and chiefpaco's decompression the default for Windows and Linux (and an option for OSX 10.4).

Ahhhh... that would do it. That is a different structure from how it is on Windows, even Civ3Complete (not Vanilla + Conquests) on Windows.
The Mac version of Civ3 Complete was ported while Aspyr were already working on their Civ4 port. As a result, they decided to restructure the software to reflect Civ4's more correct usage of user space. This may have seemed like a good idea at the time, but it has had a major adverse impact on the way Civ3 mods (don't) work on the Mac, and it is also affecting utilities like yours. I've detailed the folder structures below.
I could either update the "Welcome" dialog to provide better information on OSX, or change the way the editor searches for art files and such on OSX. However, I'm still a bit confused - there's both an /Applications/Conquests folder and an /Applications/Civ III Complete folder? Is the Conquests data (art, scenarios, text files, etc.) all in /Applications/Conquests, and Vanilla/PTW stuff in /Applications/Civ III Complete?
That was because I posted my .ini file before I had fixed the opendir entry. opendir sets the default document access directory that is selected when you click Open. This doesn't stop the editor from working, but, since the path in the .ini file doesn't exist, it ignores it and selects your ~/Documents/ directory instead. I later fixed it to go to my .biq Scenarios folder. I don't think it's updated subsequently as a result of your actual selection, so I edited that path as well. My .ini file now looks like:

Code:
openDir=/Applications/Civ III Complete/Conquests Game Data/Scenarios
civInstallDir=/Applications/Civ III Complete/Civilization 3 Game Data/
firstRun=false

What I'll need to know ultimately to ensure predictable, reliable behavior is:
  • Where the base Civilization III/Art folder is (not Conquests)
    /Applications/Civ III Complete/Civilization 3 Game Data/Art
  • Where the Civilization III/Conquests/Art folder is (this is /Applications/Civ III Complete/Civilization 3 Game Data/Art)
    No. /Applications/Civ III Complete/Conquests Game Data/Art
  • Where the Civilization III/Conquests/Scenarios folder is (/Applications/Conquests/Scenarios ?)
    No. There are two possible locations.
    1. The most usual: /Applications/Civ III Complete/Conquests Game Data/Scenarios
      I would recommend setting opendir in the .ini file to this location.
    2. Another possible location: ~/Documents/Civilization 3 Conquests/Scenarios. The equivalent location on Windows would be My Documents\My Games\.....\Scenarios on Windows, but this structure doesn't exist for Civ3.
  • Where the Civilization III/Scenarios folder is (not Conquests)
    /Applications/Civ III Complete/Civilization 3 Game Data/Scenarios
  • There are also PtW scenarios folders at the equivalents to the above two Conquests locations:
    1. The most usual: /Applications/Civ III Complete/Play the World Game Data/Scenarios.
    2. Another possible location: ~/Documents/Civilization 3 Play the World/Scenarios.

There is also an Extras folder that is referenced by some mods. It's at:
      /Applications/Civ III Complete/Play the World Game Data/Extras
      In order to persuade some mods to find resources in this folder I have found it necessary to include a Unix link file called 'CIV3PTW' in the main mod folder (an OS X alias doesn't work). This links to /Applications/Civ III Complete/Play the World Game Data/.
Cool, I'll take a look at it and see if it works off the bat or with minimal modifications. If so, perhaps it's the Tiger decompression solution.
FileValet provides a working solution on my Tiger test system, using the File->Open and File->Save menu options instead of drag and drop. One user has had trouble with it, but without any further diagnostic info, I can only assume that was a one-off.
edit: Tried out the decompression part of chiefpaco's program, and it seems to be working with Conquests .biq's! I'll include it as an option in 0.52. As AlanH has just updated FileValet, chiefpaco hasn't been here for four years, and I haven't a clue what is actually being done to decompress the file (and thus how to fix it should something go wrong), I think it makes sense for FileValet to be the default for OSX 10.5 and 10.6 (and optional for 10.4), and chiefpaco's decompression the default for Windows and Linux (and an option for OSX 10.4).
You shouldn't have any trouble with chiefpaco's expansion code. The compression algorithm never changed as far as I know, and my ported version has always worked flawlessly since I first built and debugged it years ago. I think the same design was also implemented in C++ in the save file parser used for HoF and GOTM submission processing, and that has probably processed over 10,000 files. If anyone does have trouble expanding a specific file, I may be able to help.

PS. I ran the Editor on my Tiger test machine which has Java 1.5 installed. I didn't install a Civ3 config, though. While my eyesight may not be all it used to be, I couldn't see any problems with truncated labels.

AlanH shows the default directory path. On the Mac there can be alternative paths and the topmost folder can have a different name. For example, I have my OS & the game on different partitions. In my case it goes (from top level of the drive) CIV III/Conquests Game Data/ etc..

If it's not possible to easily allow us to change the path in the current version would putting a dummy path (renamed aliases) in the default directory work?

The straightforward solution is to get the user to tell you the location of their Civ3 Complete main folder is (/Applications/Civ 3 Complete/ in my case; /CIVIII/ in BlueMonkey's case). You already do this.

Then if you know your code is running on a Mac, append 'Civilization 3 Game Data/Art' to get to the vanilla Art folder; and append 'Conquests Game Data/Scenarios/' to get to their main scenarios folder.

The straightforward solution is to get the user to tell you the location of their Civ3 Complete main folder is (/Applications/Civ 3 Complete/ in my case; /CIVIII/ in BlueMonkey's case). You already do this.

Then if you know your code is running on a Mac, append 'Civilization 3 Game Data/Art' to get to the vanilla Art folder; and append 'Conquests Game Data/Scenarios/' to get to their main scenarios folder.

Yep, all I'll need the user to specify is the Civ3 Complete main folder, and thanks to AlanH's information, I'll now be able to program in the proper search structure for both Windows and OSX (I can detect the OS that's running from with Java). You could install Civ3 to /Applications/2isno3, and as long as you knew you installed it there, it ought to work (once I get update the search paths).

PS. I ran the Editor on my Tiger test machine which has Java 1.5 installed. I didn't install a Civ3 config, though. While my eyesight may not be all it used to be, I couldn't see any problems with truncated labels.

Thanks. I'll assume that was an issue with running Leopard's Java on Snow Leopard then.

Changes:

*Added support for compressed files. As I have not been able to test on a Mac, I have not been able to experiment with scripting FileValet. Thus, chiefpaco's decompression utility is currently being used for all platforms.
*Added support for BIQ version 12.06. Version 12.06 does not have multiplayer base, city, or unit timers; otherwise I have not been able to find any differences. This support allows the opening of several of the Firaxis-supplied scenarios (some being 12.06, some 12.07). The editor will always save a file as a version 12.08 BIQ, thus enabling you to always use features that may not be present in earlier BIQ versions.
*Added correct path searching support on OSX. The program should now be able to correctly find all your Civ3 files on OSX if you point it to your Civ3Complete install directory (by default, /Applications/Civ III Complete).
*Added more sensible default directory for setting the install directory. This is /Applications on OSX, C:\Program Files on Windows 32-bit, and C:\Program Files (x86) on Windows 64-bit.

This update is highly recommended for all users for the decompression support if nothing else.

Download link.

I am getting the "Could not find pcx file ntp00" message when attempting to load any of the default scenarios. That particular file is located in /Civ III Complete/Civilization 3 Game Data/Art/Units/Palettes/ntp00.pcx

My ini file reads:

openDir=/Civ III Complete/Conquests Game Data/Scenarios
civInstallDir=/Civ III Complete
firstRun=false

And my installation directory is /Civ III Complete

Admittedly, I am unsure if the default Conquests scenarios meet the custom rules requirement, and would appreciate any enlightenment on that issue.

I've tried both compressed and uncompressed versions of the Rise of Rome biqs found in both
/Civ III Complete/Conquests Game Data/Conquests/2 Rise of Rome.biq
/Civ III Complete/Conquests Game Data/Scenarios/2 MP Rise of Rome.biq

Many thanks for any help in resolving this.

I am running C3C and the editor on OS X 10.5.8

Change the ini file to read:

openDir=/Civ III Complete/Conquests Game Data/Scenarios
civInstallDir=/Civ III Complete/Civilization 3 Game Data
firstRun=false

Are you certain that your statement:

That particular file is located in /Civ III Complete/Civilization 3 Game Data/Art/Units/Palettes/ntp00.pcx
is 100% accurate? Basically, whatever appears before /Art/ in this file path should be the string you put after 'civInstallDir=' in the .ini file.

I confess I did leave a trailing '/' off the folder location which was in my .ini file, but I've just tried it again without that on my system and it worked fine.

What does your log.txt file say when you try to open a scenario?

Are you certain that your statement:

is 100% accurate? Basically, whatever appears before /Art/ in this file path should be the string you put after 'civInstallDir=' in the .ini file.

I confess I did leave a trailing '/' off the folder location which was in my .ini file, but I've just tried it again without that on my system and it worked fine.

What does your log.txt file say when you try to open a scenario?

I am certain that ntp00.pcx is in the location I specified. I've tried many different strings after 'civInstallDir=', with and without the trailing '/', and at one point went so far as to point it directly to the /Palettes/ folder.

The log file gives a warning that the biq file is not the proper version. I am running C3C 1.22, if that's relevant in any way.

Here is the latest entry from the log file. The entire one is quite long, and filled with similar looking entries. The information following the 'ERROR' is identical for each .biq I tried to open.

Code:
197279 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  Main  - Input file: /Civ III Complete/Conquests Game Data/Conquests/2 Rise of RomeTEST.biq
197300 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  com.civfanatics.civ3.biqFile.IO  - Number of available processors: 2
197300 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  com.civfanatics.civ3.biqFile.IO  - major ver: 12, minorVer: 7
197300 [AWT-EventQueue-0] WARN  com.civfanatics.civ3.biqFile.IO  - BIQ not version 12.08 or 12.06.  May fail to open.
197300 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  com.civfanatics.civ3.biqFile.IO  - About to go into the various input processors; has been 21 milliseconds.
197477 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  com.civfanatics.civ3.biqFile.IO  - custom map
197485 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  com.civfanatics.civ3.biqFile.IO  - It took 2 ms to add all the TILE objects
197537 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  com.civfanatics.civ3.biqFile.IO  - It took 52 ms to run the two threads
197544 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  com.civfanatics.civ3.biqFile.IO  - Time to process tile stuff: 60 milliseconds
197544 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  com.civfanatics.civ3.biqFile.IO  - finished map data
197544 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  com.civfanatics.civ3.biqFile.IO  - File length: 596757
197544 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  com.civfanatics.civ3.biqFile.IO  - data inputted: 595413
197547 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  com.civfanatics.civ3.biqFile.IO  - final input:  596757
197547 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  com.civfanatics.civ3.biqFile.IO  - Time to input BIQ: 268 milliseconds
197547 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  Main  - Time to input file: 268 milliseconds.
197549 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  Main  - civInstallDir: /Civ III Complete/Civilization 3 Game Data
197549 [AWT-EventQueue-0] ERROR Main  - PCX file not found for ntp00; civInstallDir = /Civ III Complete/Civilization 3 Game Data
java.io.FileNotFoundException
	at com.civfanatics.civ3.xplatformeditor.Main.findFileOSX(Main.java:1097)
	at com.civfanatics.civ3.xplatformeditor.Main.findFile(Main.java:991)
	at com.civfanatics.civ3.xplatformeditor.Main.findPaletteFile(Main.java:972)
	at com.civfanatics.civ3.xplatformeditor.Main.loadInterfaceElements(Main.java:872)
	at com.civfanatics.civ3.xplatformeditor.Main.openFile(Main.java:433)
	at com.civfanatics.civ3.xplatformeditor.Main.cmdOpenActionPerformed(Main.java:379)
	at com.civfanatics.civ3.xplatformeditor.Main.access$600(Main.java:31)
	at com.civfanatics.civ3.xplatformeditor.Main$6.actionPerformed(Main.java:330)
	at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1882)
	at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2202)
	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:420)
	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:258)
	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:236)
	at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:231)
	at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:5602)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3129)
	at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:5367)
	at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2010)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4068)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2068)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3903)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4256)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:3936)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3866)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2054)
	at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:1801)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3903)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:463)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:190)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:176)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)

I had only run version 0.51 of the editor. I tried version 0.52 and it fails for me as well. I guess Quintillus has an error somewhere in his MacOS X path logic in version 0.52. I can't find a download link for the previous version, and am reluctant to post it myself. I suggest you wait for him to appear.

On my system, the log entry is more disturbing, as it appears his code is using a Windows routine to look for my file.

Code:
0    [main] INFO  Main  - Starting program
825  [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  Main  - Running Mac OS X 10.6.4 on x86_64
42717 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  Main  - Input file: /Applications/Civ III Complete/Conquests Game Data/Scenarios/scenario.biq
42740 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  com.civfanatics.civ3.biqFile.IO  - Number of available processors: 4
42740 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  com.civfanatics.civ3.biqFile.IO  - major ver: 12, minorVer: 8
42741 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  com.civfanatics.civ3.biqFile.IO  - About to go into the various input processors; has been 2 milliseconds.
42860 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  com.civfanatics.civ3.biqFile.IO  - File length: 351540
42860 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  com.civfanatics.civ3.biqFile.IO  - data inputted: 351540
42860 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  com.civfanatics.civ3.biqFile.IO  - Time to input BIQ: 122 milliseconds
42860 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  Main  - Time to input file: 122 milliseconds.
42920 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  Main  - civInstallDir: /Applications/Civ III Complete
42977 [AWT-EventQueue-0] ERROR Main  - PCX file not found for ntp00; civInstallDir = /Applications/Civ III Complete
java.io.FileNotFoundException
	at com.civfanatics.civ3.xplatformeditor.Main.[b][color=red]findFileWindows[/color][/b](Main.java:1046)
	at com.civfanatics.civ3.xplatformeditor.Main.findFile(Main.java:999)
	at com.civfanatics.civ3.xplatformeditor.Main.findPaletteFile(Main.java:972)
	at com.civfanatics.civ3.xplatformeditor.Main.loadInterfaceElements(Main.java:872)
	at com.civfanatics.civ3.xplatformeditor.Main.openFile(Main.java:433)
	at com.civfanatics.civ3.xplatformeditor.Main.cmdOpenActionPerformed(Main.java:379)
	at com.civfanatics.civ3.xplatformeditor.Main.access$600(Main.java:31)
	at com.civfanatics.civ3.xplatformeditor.Main$6.actionPerformed(Main.java:330)
	at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2028)
	at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2351)
	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:387)
	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:242)
	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:236)
	at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:272)
	at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6348)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3267)
	at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6113)
	at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2085)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4714)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2143)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4544)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4618)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4282)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4212)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2129)
	at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2478)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4544)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:635)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:296)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:211)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:196)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:188)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)
[UPDATE] It looks as if the findFileWindows routine is used if the civInstallDir is defined as /Applications/Civ III Complete., which is what the Editor sets it to if you follow the instructions to tell it where Civ3 Compete is installed. If I change the civInstallDir path to include /Civilization 3 Game Data, then it uses findFileOSX.It still fails, though.

Top Bottom